The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

99 GSX Rebirth/Clean-Up/Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeah Earlville sounds tight. And no, I dont have a car that needs a heart and trans. The 2ga I got is going to the scrapyard LOL.

Bring it to my house and ill pay u scrap price.Ohh and are you gonna roll my fenders?

Awesome build and pics! I just bought my first car, 97 Talon tsi AWD; Auto aswell. Can't wait to start doing things with it and fixing it up!

Got some stuff in.

Im going to order an FP 4 inch coupler for the maf side so it matches.

My wheel came in. Thing is in perfect shape.

Got it installed.

First off... Sick build bro!!! I was going to just leave my car as is but once I buy another car... It's on.

Second, what's the model of that wheel?!

THAT is a beautiful car, keep up the work. I wish I had that shell/car. I am just about to get my car out this spring and do a full build on mine and make it clean as well.

So I completed my 5 speed swap, pretty straight forward.. Need to replace sway bar endlinks and fix an oil leak, then get started on my speed density and ecuflash tuning.

But here are some new pics.

Church2_zpsf4557e19.jpg

church1_zps5d6ddf6c.jpg

Skybridge1_zps04e8741a.jpg

May23Finished1_zpsa434a45c.jpg

Conventionback_zps2d738356.jpg

ConventionCenter_zps8a14e59b.jpg

Interior1_zps1712e8c3.jpg

Interior1_zps1712e8c3.jpg

Peace

Thank you so much for keeping your car good looking as you've increase it's speed! So many people just get addicted to boost and forget about keeping their car looking good.

With that said, what's your cleaning routine for the paint? I too have a Northstar White '99. I use Meguiar's claybar and detailing spray and then use Consumer Reports #1 rated car wax (NuFinish Paste). I still have some light swirling...

Also, did you take your "Eclipse" center tail light lettering off and plasti-dip them?

And finally, I love your car and am really impressed with what you've been able to do while attending college. The only negative comment I would say about the car is that the side skirts are slightly faded. Mostly noticeable in low light photos (I noticed it on the first page of this thread when the car was in the shop). I too have some fading. Have you considered taking them off to respray? Or, have you considered leaving them on and respraying? I've heard once they come off they are nearly impossible to get back on the same as they came off. Having mine faded slightly annoys me even though no one notices. Do you care to address yours at all?

Finally, finally... did you put blanking plates over the two holes in the front bumper like the NT's have? You know, the holes in the front where the passenger side lets air in for the SMIC and the other side is closed off.

If you don't mind me asking; how much did it cost you to get your front bumper painted?

Also, what are your wheel/spacer specs?

You have the sexiest DSM I've ever seen. Please keep it in this condition for as long as possible.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for keeping your car good looking as you've increase it's speed! So many people just get addicted to boost and forget about keeping their car looking good.

With that said, what's your cleaning routine for the paint? I too have a Northstar White '99. I use Meguiar's claybar and detailing spray and then use Consumer Reports #1 rated car wax (NuFinish Paste). I still have some light swirling...

Also, did you take your "Eclipse" center tail light lettering off and plasti-dip them?

And finally, I love your car and am really impressed with what you've been able to do while attending college. The only negative comment I would say about the car is that the side skirts are slightly faded. Mostly noticeable in low light photos (I noticed it on the first page of this thread when the car was in the shop). I too have some fading. Have you considered taking them off to respray? Or, have you considered leaving them on and respraying? I've heard once they come off they are nearly impossible to get back on the same as they came off. Having mine faded slightly annoys me even though no one notices. Do you care to address yours at all?

Finally, finally... did you put blanking plates over the two holes in the front bumper like the NT's have? You know, the holes in the front where the passenger side lets air in for the SMIC and the other side is closed off.

First of all thank you! I agree, a lot of people lose focus on the whole, "keeping the car in good condition" part of their builds. I am not very interested in making huge power but just something that is fun to work on and I enjoy driving around in.

As for cleaning/detailing I wash/wax about 2 times a week, more if the weather cooperates. I'm back at home for summer break and there is really nothing better to do than clean my car haha.

I power wash it then wash with Meguirs Gold class car wash, then use a leaf blower on the whole thing to not scratch it with a rag or towel or something. When I find wet spots I just use a chamois. I clay bar with meguires also every once in a while. I then wax with Meguires gold class after I wash it.

As for the eclipse letters I you can look back on this thread on how I did it, just sprayed them on the car and peeled off around the letters, super quick and easy. I plan to order the oem "eclipse" chrome letters here this next week though.

The sideskirts and rear bumper are in pretty bad shape paint wise, once again, I explain what I plan to do with those this summer earlier in this thread :) I will take them off and take them to the same guy who painted my front bumper and fenders then the paint will be mint all around.

As for the N/T blanking plates, no, I did not put those in for 2 reasons. 1. I was previously auto and had a big trans cooler mounted behind the opening (was shown earlier in this thread ;) and 2. I have a big oil cooler behind the drivers side opening, shown earlier in this thread ;)

Post up a thread of your build, I would be interested in seeing yours!

If you don't mind me asking; how much did it cost you to get your front bumper painted?

Also, what are your wheel/spacer specs?

You have the sexiest DSM I've ever seen. Please keep it in this condition for as long as possible.

Haha thank you very much! The bumper and fenders were done for $450 from a family friend who used to work for Baja Boats and painted their hulls.

The wheels are 17 x 7.5 +45 with +22 mm spacers!

Thank you and I plan on keeping it in this same condition and keep improving it :)

Haha thank you very much! The bumper and fenders were done for $450 from a family friend who used to work for Baja Boats and painted their hulls.

The wheels are 17 x 7.5 +45 with +22 mm spacers!

Thank you and I plan on keeping it in this same condition and keep improving it :)

Is your final offset +22 or are the spacers 22mm thick?

Also, what are your tire specs?

Last edited:
I love everything you're doing with this car

Someone needs to get this man some EDM Fenders/Mirrors :) Complete the look.

Fair enough. The mirrors don't give as good visibility, but hey they fold! Not everyone likes the turn signal on the fenders, but living in England most of my life I've become accustomed to it.

The wheel and tire combo is flawless. Talk about rubber to the road! Love this shit.

First of all thank you! I agree, a lot of people lose focus on the whole, "keeping the car in good condition" part of their builds. I am not very interested in making huge power but just something that is fun to work on and I enjoy driving around in.......

Thanks for the reply to my post! Sorry I didn't see the answers to my questions in your earlier posts.

I enjoy the quality of this build thread. It's something you should make sure and keep a copy of so you will always have it in case Tuners ever runs into trouble and you can't recover your story.

And I will definitely start a build thread one day. Heck, I bought my car from a 52-year old woman bone stock last year with maintenance records (down to replacement tail light bulbs). That's at least a decent story right there.

This car is beautiful! Most build threads never catch my interest like this one has! I can't wait to see how far this one goes! Good luck on the rest of the build man.:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back