1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Street Build 99 Northstar White GSX

Rating:
5/5,
Year:
Model/Trim:
Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. miguelmcv

miguelmcv Supporting Member

Joined May 3, 2009
    Fresno, California
    Is all what you need from a 2g? I live in fresno CAli but I’ll be in Parker next month (15) for work.
    There are some junkyards here and there are some eclipses. They are not turbo but if you need anything from a non turbo that will fit your car, let me know, I can pull it of and take it with me so you don’t have to pay shipping, that will kill you, fenders and staff like that are bulky and will cost. I have some extra stuff from my Dsm and can help out to get you going.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not planning to get red of my spare stuff, but I’ll be more then happy to give it to you to get going and when ever you can return it back to me, and I mean when ever you find the part, buy it and send it to me,
    Let me know or PM for details if you are interested so we can keep your journal clean.

Street Build 538  1

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM

2K  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM
  2. bettfootball

bettfootball Proven Member

Joined Mar 7, 2010
    Denver, Colorado
    Good news! Someone messaged me on here saying they had some very rare OEM BNIB Rear AWD toe arms for a good price so I snagged those!

The rockers I will have to cut out of a junkyard eclipse here, no big deal. Just have to wait for a good one.

I have hope that my rear LSD axles can be saved and rebuilt by a local axle shop. And my fuel filler neck could possibly be blasted and fixed.

Really, just a new driver fender is what I have had the hardest time finding..

Street Build 1K  1

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. razrman8

razrman8 Proven Member

Joined Jul 7, 2010
    Troy, Missouri
    Man..I don't know why it took me this long to figure out that you had a build thread for this car. Better late than never. I started on page one, and your intro sounded a lot like my situation. I bought my '99 GSX when I was 16 too with a spun rod and traveled along many of the exact same steps that you did.
    Fortunately, I reached a point of either selling it or diving in with no looking back as far as restoring it to what it deserved to be. The rear fender wells were so rusted that it scared me into thinking there HAD to be so much more rust that I was just unaware of. Though I prevented many hours of headache by selling it, there's a part of me this misses it here and there. I applaud you for going the distance and restoring this car. It's very satisfying getting to live vicariously through you and your updates. Not to mention your home renovation projects on IG. :D That staircase is so pleasing now.
    Anyway, good luck Brady and keep on going!

-Keenan

1K  0

309.6 whp · 273.37 lb/ft · 2G DSM
    bettfootball likes this.
  4. bettfootball

bettfootball Proven Member

Joined Mar 7, 2010
    Denver, Colorado
    Haha thanks man it means a lot! The home renovation stuff is a little bit more satisfying as I walk up those stairs dozens of times a day and the fact that money put into the house is adding more value than I spend etc. So its easy for me to pick the house projects over the car projects. But I'm getting married this year and don't feel droping 10k on the eclipse is the wisest decision at the moment. But I am sticking to my plan of having as much things as I can find powdercoated/painted/replace and then a full glass out respray.

I will all be worth it!

Street Build 1K  1

awd · manual · 2G DSM
  5. TK's9d2TSi

TK's9d2TSi Supporting Member

Joined Sep 11, 2017
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Smart man!! Put it towards something you’ll see a roi and not a dumb dsm ROFL. It scares me to calculate how much I’ve put into the car this year alone.

381  3

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Classic
    awd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

426  4

93 Civic 4 Door -sold-
    fwd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 3K  6

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    12.2 @ 120 · 1G DSM
    bettfootball likes this.