The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

92 GST Stealing 14B record build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suspension is pretty setup now. Weighed the car yesterday and made some adjustments. Car without driver 1876lbs. Add another 200lbs for driver and the car is 164lbs lighter than Joe B's car. Had to fix a few other things on the car but it's looking pretty good for next weekend. Pretty excited to hit the track.

Thanks Phil. All I can do from here is wait til the weekend when I run her. Very anxious though.

Welcome. Well, at least you've got the lightest potential attempt on the 14b thus far. So, that alone is in your favor. You'll be closer to sea level, again, in your favor. Hopefully, you'll have better track prep, again, in your favor. So, it's down to two things:

1. engine/combo running well

2. execution/maximizing that combo

You got this...

I feel the two weakest links are gonna be my axles and the 1010 14b cartridge. I'm bringing a spare turbo but don't have axles. May the race gods be in my corner this weekend. I appreciate the kind words.

If those parts hold together, I think we'll have a 14b DSM at least in the 11.0x range...possibly quicker.

Great work, i wish i could even get my car to 2500lbs! the lexan work looks good too! good luck this weekend.

I'm feeling like its gonna be a good day out there 71 deg. With lots of track prep...

Ill see if My buddy has any spare axels your running a 2g tranny right?

And I got the go pro if ya need it to show off your mad tight shifting skills YOooooo

I'm feeling like its gonna be a good day out there 71 deg. With lots of track prep...

Ill see if My buddy has any spare axels your running a 2g tranny right?

And I got the go pro if ya need it to show off your mad tight shifting skills YOooooo

The weather should be beautiful. I can't wait.

Yes 2g fwd trans. So big spline axles. I'll have my go pro mounted outside and I do have an empty roll bar mount.

I chose to run the 2G trans for the fact the axles are bigger stock. Now with as light as the car is I hope stock axles will hold up to multiple 1.5 60' times. I'm feeling pretty confident that the cars gonna hook harder than the 1.66 that it did before.

As for times, I know I'm chasing a 10.87 record. I will be very happy bettering the 11.30-11.60 range I ran before. I really wanna run every option the 14B has to offer. Once I get the weight down to its minimum I'll start swapping out different combos.

Another thing, I pulled the car outta the shop tonight and got to launch then test the brake setup. I feel comfortable in how it stops. I dont feel I've gotta burn a leg muscle to press the brakes. More to come once I get to the track.

Just a few quick pics I took last night before we head out to the track.

Attachments

• engine ready.jpg
    engine ready.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 176
  • lowshot.jpg
    lowshot.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 155
  • upperpipe.jpg
    upperpipe.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 153
  • weight.jpg
    weight.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Very soon guys. Looking to hit the test and tune tomorrow afternoon. I'm feeling very confident the way the cars setup its by far quicker than my 11.3 runs. Just can't put a number on how much quicker.

Another small little mod that might help :cool:

Attachments

• wrap up.jpg
    wrap up.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 146
Car looks sick! I would hack that intake tube off closer to the headlight just to look cleaner, but that's a personal cosmetic thing. Engine bay looks great. What FMIC are you running?

Car looks sick! I would hack that intake tube off closer to the headlight just to look cleaner, but that's a personal cosmetic thing. Engine bay looks great. What FMIC are you running?

The intake isn't staying like that. I ran out of time but I'm making the headlight into a scoop. I did trim it down and taped off the hole. The fmic is one of the large short route ones that slowboy used to sell. I think it measures out at 31x10.5x3.5

Cool. I am still debating on the A2W or A2A. I think I'll run A2W to give it a shot. It will be a bit cheaper for the parts, just have to figure out mounting and make my own pipes. But that shouldn't be too bad. Cooling/efficiency should be better, price will be cheaper than a new FMIC kit, and piping should be shorter w/ less connections....less possible boost leaks!!

Good luck tomorrow. Get out of the hole quick, shift it quick and keep it between the lines. I think good things will turn up! ;)

Air feels great today. We are here now at the track for some test and tune action.

Well I have a few mins to post since a car wrecked.

Blew the 1010 turbo up on my first pass. Changed out turbos and set the new 14b mph number at 124.8. Now to match the ET to mph.

Only completed 2 passes today. First [email protected] and second pass was [email protected]. I short shifted second on my last pass and it killed my 60' with a 1.758. Gonna look over the car tonight and be fresh for the morning.

Cool. I am still debating on the A2W or A2A. I think I'll run A2W to give it a shot. It will be a bit cheaper for the parts, just have to figure out mounting and make my own pipes. But that shouldn't be too bad. Cooling/efficiency should be better, price will be cheaper than a new FMIC kit, and piping should be shorter w/ less connections....less possible boost leaks!!

I have thought about switching over to an A2W setup. I dont know much about them to pick the right core yet. Maybe later I will look more into it. My intake temps at the TB are not to high. The highest Ive seen where around 111 degrees at the end of a pass. The avg is right around 106-108. Im gonna get some shielding for the turbo manifold and see what I can do to get more air to the intercooler. I think I can pick up a few hp there.

126 mph out of a 14b is awesome!!

Excellent work Justin! Very sweet numbers. 126 trap? Sweetness! Tasting 10's with that trap.

Fwiw, I loved the W2A. But your intake temps are pretty darn good. BUT you also want to look at pressure drops through the IC core. With all that being said, I'm still not sure how much you would get out of W2A.

But again, 11.1! Excellent work!

MB

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back