The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

9 second 1g auto drag build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great job man! Time to changed to the title of the thread to "8 second 1g auto drag build" since you already blew through your 9 second goal! Very bad ass!

Haha...thanks man. 8s would definitely be nice and they are on my radar now (even though they weren't before).

No real updates. Waiting on the new converter to arrive at this point.

Chris, I love your car so much LOL.

Can't wait to have my 1G together so I can bring it along to Atco with the rest of the gang!

P.S. I'm still mad at you for not making me a tube front end for my car when you made yours LOL j/k.

I have been following your thread along with others so I didn't remember but what converter di you have and what converter are you replacing it with? Are you on a 1g trans or 2g?

I keep looking at you time slip and I regret taking my integra apart now, I went 6.29 at 119mph in the 1/8 then I went to vegas ifo and broke 2nd gear and basically did a 1, 3, 4 shift and went 10.10 156mph so now I see I would have definitely been in the low 9s but I couldn't justify spending 7500 on the transmission I wanted.

I have been following your thread along with others so I didn't remember but what converter di you have and what converter are you replacing it with? Are you on a 1g trans or 2g?

I keep looking at you time slip and I regret taking my integra apart now, I went 6.29 at 119mph in the 1/8 then I went to vegas ifo and broke 2nd gear and basically did a 1, 3, 4 shift and went 10.10 156mph so now I see I would have definitely been in the low 9s but I couldn't justify spending 7500 on the transmission I wanted.

I had a Sinister Speed 9" core 2 and the new one is a Sinister Speed core 2a. Should be a little tighter. I'm praying this one works out. This is on a 1g trans.

Why do you regret parting the Teg? Don't let my timeslip be any indicator...there's plenty left in it.

I had a Sinister Speed 9" core 2 and the new one is a Sinister Speed core 2a. Should be a little tighter. I'm praying this one works out. This is on a 1g trans.

Why do you regret parting the Teg? Don't let my timeslip be any indicator...there's plenty left in it.

Thanks for the info, and I regret it cause I know I had a 9 sec pass in it and I just gave up and started this talon build, I know this talon will be better but Im starting all over.

Ahh, I gotcha. I'm sure you'll be happy once yours is up and running. Should move out!

Boredom is setting in waiting for the converter. Ordered up all the parts I need to meet tech for sub 9.99 (multilayer jacket, pants, collar, and gloves), battery cut off switch, morse cable, window net, and a loop. Still need to fab up a scatter shield.

One of the classes I want to run this season requires carpet so I went out and snagged a carpet and dyed it so it looks better. Put one more coat on after this picture and it looked perfect.

885429_10151488932476878_336876436_o.jpg

Ahh, I gotcha. I'm sure you'll be happy once yours is up and running. Should move out!

Boredom is setting in waiting for the converter. Ordered up all the parts I need to meet tech for sub 9.99 (multilayer jacket, pants, collar, and gloves), battery cut off switch, morse cable, window net, and a loop. Still need to fab up a scatter shield.

One of the classes I want to run this season requires carpet so I went out and snagged a carpet and dyed it so it looks better. Put one more coat on after this picture and it looked perfect.

You could have come over and put my dash together instead of dying carpets...LOL

The interior is a bit more street car esque now. Also added an up shift button to my steering wheel. Running out of things to do while waiting....LOL

882436_10151490312776878_107941248_o.jpg

The paint has been a sore spot for me since it looks like typical 22 year old paint but it's just not in the budget to get the car painted at the moment. Luckily, a friend's wrapping business decided to help out and make the car look better. Hoping that next winter I can get the car painted this color...

892513_10151505863146878_55420199_o.jpg

Thanks guys! The color is definitely amazing in person. Definitely set on painting the car this color once the time comes.

As for the converter. The cores are still not back from furnace brazing so I had Mike at Sinister build me yet another different 9" which should be to me on Monday. So hopefully we'll be at the track late next week.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back