1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Drag Race Build 97’ GSX Auto Drag Build

Year:
Model/Trim:
Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. JPenny

JPenny Proven Member

Joined Feb 24, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    You can do it..take your time be safe..ziploc bags and sharpies are you friend. Thank you for your time, Jason Penny

Street Build 2K  4

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
    Mitsubishiown likes this.
  2. Mitsubishiown

Mitsubishiown Proven Member

Joined Feb 11, 2012
    Davison, Michigan
    I'll post the pictures tomorrow but so far we have done about 5 hours worth of work and finally have everything disconnected besides the mounts and the suspension stuff. The goal tomorrow is to disconnect the axles and pull the engine/transmission together within about 3 hours but doesn't seem likely. The main hiccups today were getting the turbo/exhaust manifold off. The downpipe flange was stuck on pretty good and then had a pain of a time getting some tube on the middle of the turbo off that was in a terrible spot where you could only give it a 1/4 turn. My battery tray bolt in the back corner is stripped to hell so that has to stay in for now, going to have to drill it out tomorrow. Tried knocking the head off of it so I could at least get the tray out for now and drill/tap it later but it wouldn't break off. Look like I am deleting my A/C as well because all of those A/C lines are annoying as hell.

Drag Race Build 669  1

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM
  3. 2gmitsueclipse

2gmitsueclipse DSM Wiseman

Joined Jul 13, 2005
    Auburn Hills, Michigan
    Nice build so far. Keep up the good work!

Autocross Build 18K  47

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 2K  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM

Autocross Build 3K  0

1990 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo
    manual · 1G DSM