The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

97’ GSX Auto Drag Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'll post the pictures tomorrow but so far we have done about 5 hours worth of work and finally have everything disconnected besides the mounts and the suspension stuff. The goal tomorrow is to disconnect the axles and pull the engine/transmission together within about 3 hours but doesn't seem likely. The main hiccups today were getting the turbo/exhaust manifold off. The downpipe flange was stuck on pretty good and then had a pain of a time getting some tube on the middle of the turbo off that was in a terrible spot where you could only give it a 1/4 turn. My battery tray bolt in the back corner is stripped to hell so that has to stay in for now, going to have to drill it out tomorrow. Tried knocking the head off of it so I could at least get the tray out for now and drill/tap it later but it wouldn't break off. Look like I am deleting my A/C as well because all of those A/C lines are annoying as hell.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back