The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

9 second 1g auto drag build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm also running a bradco converter this year. Just started my car up this weekend so I should hopefully have some testing soon.

I ended up pulling the trans and retapping the converter for some ARP flexplate bolts (12x1.25) that I cut down. Between the larger diameter and fine thread pitch, i'm hoping this shit stays together. Also marked them with a paint pen so i'll keep tabs on things. Car's back together now and will be hitting the track this weekend.

Glad to hear nothing bad happened!! You going to the race at the end of May in Norwalk??

Can't wait for the track this weekend, this car is definitely going sub 9.00....if I'm driving...LOL!

That would be great, Tom. As for you driving...finish your car. :)

It was worth a shot LOL.

Could you bring that stock ignition alog with you? If you have the time, that is. I'll be grabbing injectors from sandbox as well

Glad to hear you are making progress.

Also thanks for the update on price for the Bradco.

Hitting the track tomorrow so i'll be posting up some new results then. Praying everything goes well!

Had some promising results today...

1st pass...t-case grenades right out of the hole. Had to put a spare yoke and tcase on but got it back up and running in a half hour.

2nd pass. 9.680 @ 144. 9psi less (29psi currently) than my old 9.685 pass on the sinister converter. Went .005 faster and 6mph quicker with this 7 year old Hughes restall.

I had to do my license passes after that so my day was basically over for testing. Should be going back to the track next week so i'll be turning the boost back up and hoping to click of some 8s. Very excited that this converter is working!

Should have some pics and videos up later...

919480_10151546014716878_624978753_o.jpg

Last edited:
144 at 29psi? WOW! This thing is going to FLY at 40+ psi! Good shit!!

Yesterday was a blast Chris! I was glad to see you made a new personal best with such a neutered tune, it was amazing LOL.

Thanks again for the ignition as well. I owe you one sir.

Saw some pics floating around facebook! You need to share those here!!!

haha!! There's some good ones too!

465225_502596279793562_1892209821_o.jpg

464938_502620023124521_557497184_o.jpg

...and my favorite. Positive front camber, negative rear camber, and a wing flying off....leads to a 1.4 60'.

920082_502632779789912_1295020683_o.jpg

Its a franks hatch with the fal lexan...didnt pay attention to the thickness. Will probably get to installing it after the june 9 MIR race.

Really hope it goes 8s soon. Turning the boost up friday.

FFFFUUUUUURRRRRKKKK.

That is awesome man, that pic with the wing falling off is funny, but the camber is gross.

Nice work, we are awaiting your 8 sec post and 150mph traps!!

Thanks for getting that weight. I have a gutted stock hatch with lexan and no spoiler that I wanted to compare to.

You really need an alignment LOL.

Didnt realize you were on radials. What size and brand are those??

Last edited:
How much does your gutted hatch w/ lexan weigh?

I need more than an alignment!! I'm going to raise the car up a bit...the rear a good bit and preload the springs. Also going to get some adjustable upper arms and bump the camber out. Hopefully that helps.

Tires are 235-60-15 MT ET Streets.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back