The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

9 second 1g auto drag build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much does your gutted hatch w/ lexan weigh?

I need more than an alignment!! I'm going to raise the car up a bit...the rear a good bit and preload the springs. Also going to get some adjustable upper arms and bump the camber out. Hopefully that helps.

Tires are 235-60-15 MT ET Streets.

I'll weigh it. I have Dzus fastners holding it on, so there no latch weight either. Its pretty damn light. Little flimsy but I never need to open it and when its closed its solid enough.

The toe kit helped out on my awd a lot to. I used to leave really cool 2" dark lines when Id launch before the toe kit.

Im assuming that your rear is all stock minus strut and spring??

Car looks sick on those tires. Very beefy. Pretty good cutting 1.4s on street tires :thumb:

Yeah, rear is stock minus the coilovers. I want to do the toe kit, bushings, and upper arms but don't feel like tearing the rear apart during the season. It's working for now so i'll just make some minor adjustments and see if I can leave it alone for the rest of the season.

These tires are working pretty well but I have a feeling they're a big reason i'm destroying so many yokes since they don't give at all. Need to get some full slicks soon....

Car looks good! If you stiffen up the rear so it doesn't squat as much it will probably help the life of your tcase.

Car looks good! If you stiffen up the rear so it doesn't squat as much it will probably help the life of your tcase.

I'm hoping preloading the springs a bit will help stiffen it up. Short of that i'd have to swap over to a stiffer spring rate since my coilovers are set to full stiff as it is.

That's the baddest auto dsm launch I've ever seen.

It sure as hell doesn't look good! A buddy of mine w/ a turbo LS s10 was behind me and said he though I broke something until it came out of it's squat. ROFL

I'm a fan of squatting 1g's,maybe that's why I think it's totally badass. Flying rear spoiler section is icing on the cake :LOL:

Some more pics from a different photographer buddy that was there with us...

919037_1920382017030_1886766_o.jpg

466008_1920385217110_1830694934_o.jpg

920112_1920380136983_973882183_o.jpg

466200_1920380056981_1766532404_o.jpg

942152_1920382377039_2134790742_n.jpg

466154_1920382777049_1226010465_o.jpg

You guys had some great photogs there!! Definitely jealous!

Sick tattoos BTW!

Car looks great man! Awesome progress! Keep it up.

Also, I didnt see it previously mentioned but what wheels are those? Have the dimensions of them?

You guys had some great photogs there!! Definitely jealous!

Sick tattoos BTW!

We are definitely lucky to have a bunch of good photographers in our group of friends. There is still one set that is unedited plus we also had a videographer there who is editing his footage. So more to come soon!

Any vids from that go-pro camera?

Yeah, about that. My buddy was in charge of that. He had the damn gopro in camera mode. So each time he turned it on and off, it took a pic. Ugh! :banghead:

Car looks great man! Awesome progress! Keep it up.

Also, I didnt see it previously mentioned but what wheels are those? Have the dimensions of them?

We have NO CLUE what wheels they are! There are no markings what so ever! But they are LIGHT! Probably because they're 15 x 6.5! :p

Thanks for the compliments!

awesome pics! Love the one of the wing falling off.

Let us know how the 3.5" DSS driveshaft works for you. Hopefully it solves your yoke twisting and T-case issues.

I'm hoping that it helps with the yoke issue. In order to get the t-case off today I had to pull the yoke again since it was jammed onto the output shaft. Only 3 passes on this one and the splines were spun causing it to bind on the shaft. Hoping that the aluminum shaft will give enough to absorb some of that. We'll see I guess...it'll have to work until I can get the t-case upgrade.

20130508_140501.jpg

I also did a few other things today. Added some Nord Lock washers to the converter bolts since they were still trying to work their way out on Sunday. I gave them a quck tightening in between each pass to make sure there was no carnage. I also made some rear suspension adjustments to try and help the camber situation...but i'm out of adjustment on the eccentric bolts. Looks like i'll need some adjustable upper arms soon.

486774_10151550818746878_1358744032_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hitting up T&T at Atco tonight for my last 3 license passes (2 of which are full passes thankfully). Turning the boost up and seeing what this pig has in it!

Woot Woot!!! Will be awaiting those results. Hehe very exciting to finally hear good results after soo much hard wrenchin'.

Good luck out there.

How did those nord locks work for you? I had my bolts back off on the dyno yesterday. Luckily I caught it right away and did no damage. Probably just going to tack weld the bolts on.

Nordlocks held for the only pass of the day. One of the coils failed at about half track...still coasted to a 10.02. Always something stupid.

Bougt a replacement and a spare today so I shpuld be hitting the track again this week.

Waiting on your next fastest pass! You are a big inspiration to my build as it will be really close to the same except In a 2g car :hellyeah:....

So you aren't able to run your O.D. at all?? What could be done to make O.D. usable?? It would suck to not be able to do any top speed runs on a built auto :banghead:

Can wait to see some good passes. Keep us posted.

You and me both! These little issues are annoying!

Waiting on your next fastest pass! You are a big inspiration to my build as it will be really close to the same except In a 2g car :hellyeah:....

So you aren't able to run your O.D. at all?? What could be done to make O.D. usable?? It would suck to not be able to do any top speed runs on a built auto :banghead:

OD isn't usable at all at higher power levels and WOT. At the very least it will burn up the end clutch pretty quick.

Tomorrow I'm going to figure out which coil actually went bad as well as check the center diff gear for any hairline cranks. I keep seeing other's with that gear failing so I might as well check before it happens.

That's a major bummer :cry: I was psyched about having an auto until you tell me I'll only be able to use 3 out of 4 gears with the power goal I'm looking to reach :notgood:

Is there absolutely no solution to make O.D hold more power to be usable at the extreme power levels??

That's a major bummer :cry: I was psyched about having an auto until you tell me I'll only be able to use 3 out of 4 gears with the power goal I'm looking to reach :notgood:

Is there absolutely no solution to make O.D hold more power to be usable at the extreme power levels??

At the track 3 gears is better anyways. Guys are running deep into the 8s on three gears. You can upgrade the end clutches for a little extra hold, but the trans shaft will break under more power.

Sorry to hear about the rough day at the track Chris. It's always a battle at these levels. You'll get it goin.

I swapped out #4 coil this morning and the car is back to normal. I guess I need to build a parts room in my trailer and stock everything for this car! LOL Hoping to hit the track again this week, time permitting. MIGHT be going tomorrow night.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back