The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

9!'clipseDOHC's 1g DSM build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Now that's sick! :D

That was my first thought when I saw it too!

Here are a few pictures from the last rallyX:

998844_278153912323206_1665265556_n.jpg

1069912_278153862323211_2113220409_n.jpg

64050_278153962323201_651447311_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny Story on Facebook!

Andrew ******: Crazy how that dirt machine and my 1wd mustang are in the same class haha.
Monday at 9:01pm · Like

Nathan Davis: Haha, that dirt machine had never been on dirt before the April 20th event. It was a gutted drag car project I took out for fun on street summer tires. Over the last 3 events I've been made a few small changes and got it to where it is now. All I added was power steering, front wipers, and 15x6 steelies from the junkyard, a $100 set of used gravel tires, $30 roof vent, $15 home made mud flaps, and free Evo VIII front struts. That's it.
Monday at 9:33pm · Like

AZ Rally Group: ^ Goes to show how little is actually needed to be competitive. Keep coming out in the Mustang but hop in the car with another driver to get a feel for their car and see what you like

Funny story. At yesterday's race I was talking with my buddy. He took a trip down to AZ to visit some family and stopped by the rallyx race on the 13th. He mentioned a white 1g kicking some tail and I laughed. Knew it was you LOL

Good job! Keep kicking butt :thumb:

Funny story. At yesterday's race I was talking with my buddy. He took a trip down to AZ to visit some family and stopped by the rallyx race on the 13th. He mentioned a white 1g kicking some tail and I laughed. Knew it was you LOL

Good job! Keep kicking butt :thumb:

Haha! That just made my day!

I think it looks pretty good the way gofer mocked it up. Subtly and 1g DSMs have always gone hand in hand IMO.

If you do that paintjob (or vinyls) it'll be like time travelling into a dimension that DSM entered into Group A WRC OMG

Wow Nate! I was finally able to get through this whole thread (another slow day at work).

I like the vinyl look that gofer PS in. It definitely gives it that rally look.:thumbup:

I really admire your dedication to your car. The time you take making sure it's right, and especially the little details you did to. The roof vent all the way down to the door releases.

Keep up the awesome work!

I really like it to be honest, Nate. I wouldn't do the diamond star on the hood though, just keep it clean and simple.

:dsm:
If I did it it wouldn't be as big as on my forza mock up, LOL.

I can dig it.
Me too Shane!

Do it up old school and give it some stripes and diamond star logo.
I might find someway to incorperate this logo on the back of the car:
Diamond-starmotorslogo.png

I'd like to make some vinyl like: Eclipse Evolution or Diamond Star Motors. Something instead of Eclipse GS. I like using Evolution because that is Mitsubishi's top performance rally designator. Lancer Evolution, Pajero Evolution, Triton Evolution, MiEV Evolution. etc.

it'll be like time travelling into a dimension that DSM entered into Group A WRC OMG
Exactly what I'm looking for! They used that same pattern on the late 80's Startions and early 90's Evo's.

112_0707_06z%2Bmitsubishi_starion_group_a_race_car%2Bfront_three_quarter_view.jpg

ra96.jpg

Wow Nate! I was finally able to get through this whole thread (another slow day at work).

I like the vinyl look that gofer PS in. It definitely gives it that rally look.:thumbup:

I really admire your dedication to your car. The time you take making sure it's right, and especially the little details you did to. The roof vent all the way down to the door releases.

Keep up the awesome work!
Thanks so much Heath! It's alway evolving.

Last edited:
With Nate's dedication to perfection and willingness to put in the time to make sure everything is done right, I'm sure it would turn out very nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been a while since I updated this but I've got some rather significant changes about to take place so I figured I'd fill you guys in.

I raced at the Tucson RallyX on September 28th and got 1st place in M2 against some tough competition. I am still the points leader in the class with one event left this year!

1383833_10200876335090163_2125803839_n.jpg

attachment.jpg

I bought a Sparco Rev seat and got it installed using Sparco brackets bolted to the lower portion of the stock seat brackets. This seat offers a ton more support then the Summit Racing seat I was using before.

attachment.jpg

And for the biggest news, I bought a 1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD for a few hundered bucks with the plan to put all of the Eclipse goodies in it. However I have since changed my mind and decided to swap the the AWD system from the Talon over to the Eclipse. I know this swap requires a lot of custom fabbing and is not for the faint of heart, but I am going to do it anyway. I've come too far with this car to jump ship now. I am also going to swap the TSI stock body kit over as well, including the 5 piece wing, bumpers, and sideskirts. So no more N/T look.

I plan on starting the swap after my last rallyx race in November so I can finish out the year in Modified 2wd.

ega4a9eh.jpg

Ew, it looks ripe for the crusher.

I bought it for it's drivetrain, not it's looks LOL

I hate to say it, but once I take what I need I'll part out what's left and then its off to the junkyard. It would actually clean up nice, but there won't be much left once the drivetrain is gone. The engine was already gone when I bought it. I don't know that anyone would want a non-rolling shell.

I hate to say it, but once I take what I need I'll part out what's left and then its off to the junkyard. It would actually clean up nice, but there won't be much left once the drivetrain is gone. The engine was already gone when I bought it. I don't know that anyone would want a non-rolling shell.

Why a three bolt rear? Although I suppose a 3>0.

Whoa, whoa let's not be so hasty here about this. Some of us snowbelt guys are always looking for body panels, since it is near impossible to find a completely rust free car around here. I would assume that it is rust free, which is probably a bad idea assuming since it usually turns at least me into an ass.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back