The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

12.07 on FP HTA68 16G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gofer

Feb 18, 2006
South Gilbert, Arizona
FINALLY MADE IT TO A 1/4 MILE TRACK!! :rocks: A buddy and I packed the 2g up and drove 110 miles North to Fontana, CA Auto Club Speedway Saturday morning and were hoping for at least a mid 12 second pass. I went faster than what I had hoped for but realized there was probably more in the car than what I ran which is definitely good news...

A quick shake down of whats on the car for those that are interested. Stock 7 bolt bottom end and transmission with 100,000 miles on it. Boost was at 28psi running a very conservative E85 tune, better safe than sorry when your over 100 miles away from home. For more info on the cars setup heres the HTA68 thread I started back in March '10 --> FP HTA68, FP2 Cams, & E85

On to the good stuff...

FIRST RUN
R/T ... .232
60' ... 2.181
0 - 60 ... 4.26 sec
330 ... 5.718
1/8 ... 8.472 @ 92.27 mph
1000 ... 10.785
1/4 ... 12.757 @ 114.73 mph
I bogged coming out of the hole with the two step at 5k, seemed like the track was so sticky I couldn't get the tires to spin. Boost was also logged at 27psi and no knock so going into my next run I turned the boost up to 28psi and set my launch control at 5.5k to get the tires moving coming out of the hole.

SECOND RUN
R/T ... .156
60' ... 1.846
0 - 60 ... 3.62 sec
330 ... 5.180
1/8 .. 7.867 @ 94.05 mph
1000 ... 10.127
1/4 ... 12.070 @ 116.27 mph

Heres a video of my second run.
YouTube - 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX, 2009 Mitsubishi Evo X Autoclub Speeday Fontana, CA

After my second run I had clutch issues and wasn't able to make a third pass, I probably could have pushed it but I had a 110 mile drive home. Looking at my log from the second run my IAT being logged were 115* at idle on the track and no signs of knock during the run seeing 120* temps. If I would have ran again I would have pulled the headlight and turned the boost up to 29 psi to squeeze out that 11 sec pass. On the drive home I was all smiles, even though its not running with ER's HTA68 1g its more than I had ever planned on doing with this DD 2g.

:dsm:

Attached for future reference.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good times man, was nice seeing you guys out there this weekend. Your car would have touched 11's I think if you would have washed the 10 lbs of dirt off of it! :p

Nice job though dude, that stock 7 bolt is a tough SOB.

Congrats man! I saw your other thread about your set-up and I was pretty impressed. I really like the car and plan to run a similar set-up this coming year on my dd 2g.

Good times man, was nice seeing you guys out there this weekend. Your car would have touched 11's I think if you would have washed the 10 lbs of dirt off of it! :p

Nice job though dude, that stock 7 bolt is a tough SOB.
Haha, yea I left that thing dirty as hell. :D I figured I wasn't driving 100 miles to a car show, I was driving 100 miles to GO FAST and thats what I did!

Congrats man! I saw your other thread about your set-up and I was pretty impressed. I really like the car and plan to run a similar set-up this coming year on my dd 2g.
Thanks a bunch, that HTA68 hits hard as hell.

Nice work. That thing has high-11's written all over it.

How much does the car weigh?
Paul I haven't weighed the car but at the track that thing was STRIPPED... carpet, passenger seat, rear seats, & everything in the trunk was removed. I'd say 3,000lbs if I could give you a good guess-timate.

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Hey Corey, did you ever get the new tires for those runs? Let me know what kind you are looking for, I met a dude that has a lot of used DR he sells for super cheap... gets some in and they go fast but might be something to look into for a few passes... :thumb:

You may have mentioned this somewhere, but what were your IDC's at on the 28psi run?

950cc injectors on E85 seeing 48lbs/min and my IDC's were 120% by 7.5k with base fuel pressure at 43.5psi. I turned base fuel pressure up to 55psi and my IDC's are 98% which are still A LOT higher than I'd like but my AFR's are conservative for E85 and I keep an eye on my wideband when I'm scooting down the track.

congrats man. im hpoing for mid 12.s

im on a 255 walbro
e316g 25 psi
850ccs on pump gas
jacks 1.2 economy build
keydiver stage 3
EVO MAF
3 in. turbo back HKS

haha. the only bad thing is that im a mile high. so i gotta make up for the altatute some how.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back