The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

11.6 @ 121mph on E85 and HTA68

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gofer

Feb 18, 2006
South Gilbert, Arizona
Don't let the title fool you, it wasn't as easy as it sounds. Its been a long road to get the car into the 11's and I couldn't have done it with out my friends helping me along the way. If you haven't seen any of my recent threads you can read up if you'd like...
Beside all of the above the night before going to the track wasn't as easy as driving an hour and a half North to LA and crashing at a hotel either. I was scheduled to do some R&D on a new clutch street disk application for a 2g DSM with similar tq numbers as mine. Sam at RRE dropped my transmission and installed the new clutch setup in a few hours. Sam and I went for a quick test drive to break in the new clutch and see how it would do under some WOT pulls. To say the least the clutch couldn't hold the power shifting from 1st to 2nd it slipped and that was that... It was midnight at this point and I had been looking forward to that 11 second run forever so there was no way I was leaving the R&D freebie in there to ruin my race day. Sam had to prep his own DSM for the track but said I could use the lift and tools at RRE to drop the transmission again so my good friend Kris (banishedmunk) and I got to work. Kris did a lot more than me since thats the 2nd time I've ever dropped the transmission and it was his 20th or so... After a few NOS and Rock Star drinks later the old ACT 2600 and street disk setup was back on and it was 0545 in the morning. Kris and I both had been up 24 hours at this point and we had to drive 40 minutes to the track and get the car into tech so I could race. We discovered that on the way to the track the VSS wasn't installed right because my speedo wasn't working but other than that everything felt great. Even the clutch pedal felt better, Sam noticed my clutch master cylinder fork was bent to hell on the pedal and fixed it for me. My first run getting used to the new throw on the clutch pedal I ran a 2.5 60ft and a 13.1 @ 115mph. Kris and I slept in the car between relays and caught up on some sleep, which was definitely needed. My 2nd run I caught a 1.9 60ft but kept it in 1st gear too long and bogged going into 2nd running a 12.03 at 119mph. :rolleyes: That 11 second pass seemed SO CLOSE but so far but after a few more hours of sleep between runs and a good talk with Kris he motivated me enough to quit being a ####y and get down the track.

Enjoy the video!

11 sec DSM

:dsm:

Congrats dude, I hope to see that thing make some more fast passes this Jan.

nice runs! wish i had a hta68. must be a very fun little street car!! lmk if you want to trade that little turbo for a pte scm4431e

Nice runs man. You have one of my favorite 2g's I've seen. Glad it all came together for you and you got an 11

Nice Corey. it must have been that 10mm bolt i gave you for your VSS that help out :p

anyway awesome numbers i guess i missed that run, i must have been busy getting my car on the flatbed LOL

Congrats dude, I hope to see that thing make some more fast passes this Jan.
We'll see, odds are I'm just going to drive up with Kris in his 1g and be his pit crew for once since this will be the 3rd time he's been mine. LOL
Just saw the vid and was the first comment, hehe.
Congrats on the time Corey.
Thanks!
Big:thumb::thumb: Corey!! Now update your profile:cool:
Will do, where were you on Saturday anyway? You could have at least showed up with the truck and trailer and made some money! It seemed like every other run someone was breaking the first 60ft it was so sticky.
nice runs! wish i had a hta68. must be a very fun little street car!! lmk if you want to trade that little turbo for a pte scm4431e
I'm good but thanks for the offer, I'd rather use a PTE turbo for a paper weight though.
Nice runs man. You have one of my favorite 2g's I've seen. Glad it all came together for you and you got an 11
Congrats! Hard work always pays off in the end.
Thanks!
Nice Corey. it must have been that 10mm bolt i gave you for your VSS that help out :p

anyway awesome numbers i guess i missed that run, i must have been busy getting my car on the flatbed LOL
Whats up Matt :p Sorry I jacked your name up Saturday, I don't know where I came up with Matt. I guess after not sleeping for 36 hours I just start pulling names out of my ass...

That bolt you gave Kris was too small but thanks for letting use it, we actually had to sacrifice one of the timing belt cover bolts to get the VSS in correctly. :shhh:

Bit late but congrats man!! I was in the far right lane and yelld whats up LOL. Had the duck tape on my sunroof(need to fix that) Haha. I came by your guys spot and talked to black_gst for a bit, hella cool dude. Saw you were chillin in your car so didnt wanna bother u LOL. Congrats on the time tho man, I left about 3pm so I missed your run... finally tearin the motor apart to do a mini rebuild to bump the compression up in the next couple weeks so we'll see how it goes next time next street legal. Reading up as much as I can b4 my lump sum comes in tuesday to get this started (irst time attempting this)

Anyways grats again dude!

THAT WAS YOU!?! I remember passing you in the staging lanes then... Now you know why I was sleeping in my car when you came by, Kris and I were tired as shit. Still though, you should have knocked on the window and introduced yourself man. I wouldn't have known you by your tuners name but if you said you were the guy with the uhaul in your avatar I would have known right away.

THAT WAS YOU!?! I remember passing you in the staging lanes then... Now you know why I was sleeping in my car when you came by, Kris and I were tired as shit. Still though, you should have knocked on the window and introduced yourself man. I wouldn't have known you by your tuners name but if you said you were the guy with the uhaul in your avatar I would have known right away.

Haha yea I figured it was somethin along those lines. Caught me a couple naps @ the end of the day as well LOL. But yea its all good, we'll catch up next time. Btw have a link to the particular copper spray you used on your Head gasket? Looking to use the same setup on my mini rebuild and just compiling my list of parts. And just spray few light coats over the gasket right?

That is too funny that your buddy doesn't think you'll run 11s again. You can always count on friends to keep you down! Ha. Nice runs with a nice parts list. Awesome.

Where in colorado are you from?

Haha, your buddy saw the mph and thought it was the ET...

Congrats!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back