The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Won’t accelerate past 20mph, dies when going slow speed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamaustrich

Probationary Member
Oct 19, 2021
South jordan, Utah
I have a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse gsx.
The car drove just fine before for a while. The main problem I had was my speedometer didn’t work. I drove for a while without getting that fixed.

Sometimes it hesitates getting it to start up.
When I accelerate it won’t catch up to speed.
It dies when I’m going at the regular speed in drive or stopping.
It idles at 200-500 rpms
It also makes a weird chugging sound. I can’t tell whether it’s a transmission problem, oxygen problem or fuel issue.
My transmission fluid seems to be just fine and same for the oil. I have no codes other than the ones I’ve had originally.
Which is a fuel pressure up Solenoid and ect sensor. Which the ect sensor is bypassed because I have a toggle switch for the radiator fans.
Please help😫🙏🏼

Here are some videos of what’s going on.. btw that loose hose is just for the wiper fluid sprayer. It comes off when I open the hood. I can fix that part of course haha

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here are some videos of what’s going on.. btw that loose hose is just for the wiper fluid sprayer. It comes off when I open the hood. I can fix that part of course haha

I have a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse gsx.
The car drove just fine before for a while. The main problem I had was my speedometer didn’t work. I drove for a while without getting that fixed.

Sometimes it hesitates getting it to start up.
When I accelerate it won’t catch up to speed.
It dies when I’m going at the regular speed in drive or stopping.
It idles at 200-500 rpms
It also makes a weird chugging sound. I can’t tell whether it’s a transmission problem, oxygen problem or fuel issue.
My transmission fluid seems to be just fine and same for the oil. I have no codes other than the ones I’ve had originally.
Which is a fuel pressure up Solenoid and ect sensor. Which the ect sensor is bypassed because I have a toggle switch for the radiator fans.
Please help😫🙏🏼

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back