The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

What Turbo is this? [Merged] Turbo ID Identification

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

its ok man just pray someone outbids ya...you should just buy a turbo kit for your car that way you know that its the right one...and i see that you live near by...if you are tired of how slow your car is just sell it and buy and gst or gsx...theres alot of them for sale right now and there not to high...

Agree with Justin on what kind of turbo those are. Small is the key. But they are .67A/R hotside according to their casting marks (both inside and out). The .48 is the compressor housing A/R

And M24 is the stamp on the compressor housing. It's on a lot of smaller Garrett compressor housings. Mine says M33 :p

The only real way to tell what they are is to take picture #2 and find out specifications using the code on the center section tag.

Oh, and bad bid.

I know I know, i told the guy they werent made for my car so i cant pay him....anyways I would have bought a gst or gsx but there is no way in hell im selln my car...put too much money and parts into it, ya kno? I like my slow 420a :D @dunsunIII did u turbo tht car yourself? I need help without paying $700+ bux :pray: thanx all you guys tho, cant blame me tho, im just a new guy!

ok i actually like the lambo doors :) its the body kit i took off..99 eclipse conversion. so, is anybody running an ebay turbo kit? how is that working out?

Looks to be a T25 to me. Most of the T28's I've seen have thinner compressor inlet walls.

i figured,is this turbo crap? i wanna run 18 psi

Stop right there. Do you have the necessary supporting modifications to run 18psi with any turbo? Aftermarket BOV, datalogger, boost controller, rewired fuel pump, etc. etc?

Why do you want to run 18psi? On a stock turbo, what do you think it will gain for you?

Stop right there. Do you have the necessary supporting modifications to run 18psi with any turbo? Aftermarket BOV, datalogger, boost controller, rewired fuel pump, etc. etc?

Why do you want to run 18psi? On a stock turbo, what do you think it will gain for you?

reddy bov....dsm link...manny boost controller,255 wal...580 cc i believe? shit i dk bro,but my pockets are hurting right now but thats why im askin...can it be done? at the moment im gutting this engine down to the core;:hmm::hmm:

Your supporting mods are there, but most will still tell you it's pretty pointless to run the T25 to the edge of (or beyond) its efficiency range. Get an AFPR for that 255lph pump before you overrun the stock FPR.

Your supporting mods are there, but most will still tell you it's pretty pointless to run the T25 to the edge of (or beyond) its efficiency range. Get an AFPR for that 255lph pump before you overrun the stock FPR.

OMG i know! but grr,ok whatcha figure the max boost the t25 can handle? im just jealous of my buddy he has a t28 runnin at 18 psi. and i cant afford a bigger turbo right now! what is an affordable one?

Just run stock boost on the t-25...if you really wanna run more boost on a budget, you can find decent 14b's between $50-$100, or 16g's for $200.

man u are a mind reader!ROFL

i have a garrett turbo i have been trying to figure out here. i got it from a guy he called a turbo shop and they looked it up. they told him it was a t28 or t28 hybrud or something like that. please help me figure this out asap before i waste my time installing it on my car

ON COMPRESSOR HOUSING
AR .48
M24 2 <WL>
6 SETS OF DOUBLE FINS

ON EXHAUST HOUSING
TR0760
.45 N5S 79A H3
11 FIN WHEEL

Attachments

• 0415100113-01.jpg
    0415100113-01.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 145
Looks to me like its the stock T28 turbo like your turbo shop guy said. i run a 97 tsi with stock turbo and the likeness between the two is very familiar. i would best assume its the t28 from the 2gb dsms

if this is a t28 what would be better to run t28 or 14b. car has 3" down pipe back 255 pump all rewired safc stock side mount apexi boost controller stock bov msd Programmable DIS-2 with Boost Timing Master msd MSD DIS-4 Plus Distributorless 4 Channel msd Tach Adapter for DIS 2 and DIS 4 Ignitions stock injectors magna flow fuel pressure reg.

Looks to me like its the stock T28 turbo like your turbo shop guy said. i run a 97 tsi with stock turbo and the likeness between the two is very familiar. i would best assume its the t28 from the 2gb dsms

T25 was stock on 2G turbos.
A T28 is an aftermarket upgrade, about equivalent to the "Big" Evo 2 16G, slightly less capable than an Evo 3 16G.

Okay I have been reading up lately. I just recently got a new turbo only its different than my old 14b. The serial numbers say its a 14b, but it has double fins so i'm confused on what it is.

Okay I was able to get a photo of it today. The serial number is 49178-01010. Im not to sure but it looks like it has double fins and it doesnt match with the pictures ive seen of other 14b's.
Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• P1010237.jpg
    P1010237.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 133
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back