The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

VR Speed Factory Or Punishment Racing 2G FMIC

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You know what, you are the reason newbs leave this site with bad information. So, since you are so sure I am stupid. Let me leave you with this guys information.

Here is his ride:

YouTube - RWD Talon, first two runs on Compound Turbos

I'm done with this thread and clowns like above who decide to rob themselves of power by using cheap crap where cheap crap doesn't belong. OP, if you want to maximize your build, get a real core and just use the PR piping kits.

Again, you have NO real world experience. You base your shit off what others have told you or said is the truth. You have made yourself look like a true tool. Until you have used the core and have results STFU.

Again, you have NO real world experience. You base your shit off what others have told you or said is the truth. You have made yourself look like a true tool. Until you have used the core and have results STFU.

Says the guy with nothing more than claims that he has no proof of. :applause:

Who cares how much HP you are making on it when on the third pass you are getting double digit intake temperature spikes.

Quit hot lapping.

I still would feel better with a bigger core if I had a turbo that would fill it up fast enough.

You don't have to use a bigger intercooler past a certain Horsepower. You only have to use a bigger one once you start see intake temps too high.

If you are ####ing heat soaking your intercooler, get a damn sprayer for it, or quit damn hot lapping, or quit damn using that intercooler.

Man who brought up this thread and all this commotion.
I think you can't go wrong with either front mount. If your worried about heat soak bring a bottle of alcohol after each run and spray it to dissipate heat.

"VR Speed Factory Or Punishment Racing 2G FMIC" how about we all stick to this. OP, i run the punishment kit and love it, easy install great service(as far as i know) 8* out of 10*

"VR Speed Factory Or Punishment Racing 2G FMIC" how about we all stick to this...

+1. You guys should take the dick swinging to PM's if you want to continue. Thanks.

To the OP, I have a close friend who runs a VRSF kit and it works fine. I have a PR kit on my 2g and it works well also. Easy install and great customer service. At the very least, it cools much better than the APEXi core I had before. I will be exploring just how well the PR kit does when the car is up and running again.

From the websites
Punishment racing has the 1G core rated at 650CFMs and the 2G core rated at 980CFM.

The VRSF kit for the 2G is rated at 1150CFMs

:hmm:

Which means that either the PR or VRSF kit will be plenty of intercooler for the ops 60-1

From the websites
Punishment racing has the 1G core rated at 650CFMs and the 2G core rated at 980CFM.

The VRSF kit for the 2G is rated at 1150CFMs

:hmm:

Funny, cause according to CX Racing, who makes the intercooler, it's ony rated for 600 CFMs, which is what their rep told me on the phone.

Funny, cause according to CX Racing, who makes the intercooler, it's ony rated for 600 CFMs, which is what their rep told me on the phone.

I personally have the VRSF and I have seen the PR/CX core in person and they are NOT the same. I'm not going to comment on what CFM or HP they are rated at or can handle adequately, but I can say without a doubt that they are not the same cores.

The VRSF and regular CX Racing cores are not the same thing. CX Racing makes the cores to VRSF Specs or something along those lines I believe. This has already been pointed out in a different thread by Tiago

Short and narrow is still they are taking shortcuts to get you such a low price. My bet is that while the core is not the same, the fins are still low density rather than high density.

Instead of all this hearsay and guessing, why doesn't someone just ask Tiago to come in here answer these questions?

How is it hearsay, someone with a VRSF post a picture shot of the inlet or outlet so we can see the fin design.

Ok dude, go pay $800 more for your kit and make the extra 8hp because of this great looking design thats all shiny:D.

This thread was about weather or not the OP should get rid of the VRSF kit or PR kit. Because somehow this wealthy dsmer could afford both. My vote goes for VRSF kit, because it is the shorter route of the two. Like I stated earlier, both great quality pieces, just make up your mind of fog lights, or no fog lights. That is the question!!!!

Ok dude, go pay $800 more for your kit and make the extra 8hp because of this great looking design thats all shiny:D.

This thread was about weather or not the OP should get rid of the VRSF kit or PR kit. Because somehow this wealthy dsmer could afford both. My vote goes for VRSF kit, because it is the shorter route of the two. Like I stated earlier, both great quality pieces, just make up your mind of fog lights, or no fog lights. That is the question!!!!

Or buy a PTE intercooler for around $400.00 and a $150.00 piping kit and have a more efficient, better performing intercooler setup. I like all of you PR and VRSF jock huggers, not one of you can post a valid argument, especially when proof is in the pictures above.

Or buy a PTE intercooler for around $400.00 and a $150.00 piping kit and have a more efficient, better performing intercooler setup. I like all of you PR and VRSF jock huggers, not one of you can post a valid argument, especially when proof is in the pictures above.

I dont recall you posting a valid argument. Pretty much you said the PR and VRSF kits are garbage and mutiple people have said they made good power on these kits. You continue to diss these cores with no more proof than such and such said this. :confused:

You say there not as efficient as the PTE....ok no one is arguing they are better cores, does that make them garbage....no.

I dont recall you posting a valid argument. Pretty much you said the PR and VRSF kits are garbage and mutiple people have said they made good power on these kits. You continue to diss these cores with no more proof than such and such said this. :confused:

You say there not as efficient as the PTE....ok no one is arguing they are better cores, does that make them garbage....no.

No more proof? Are you blind or functionally retarded, I posted visual proof, what do you want for Santa Clause to air mail it to you in the form of a fist to the face of knowledge?

No more proof? Are you blind or functionally retarded, I posted visual proof, what do you want for Santa Clause to air mail it to you in the form of a fist to the face of knowledge?

I just don't see it. In the picture I see a comparison between the PR core and a "Garrett" core. We're talking about the PR and VRSF cores. The OP does not own a Garrett core. Therefore your visual proof is not applicable to the cores in question.

Last edited:

:banghead:

How about you post some of your logs with your IATs since you claimed to run the kit to prove everyone wrong.

I dont have IAT logs but I do have track results. I have time slips from a track night were I made 8 passes in 1 hour and my trap speed never varied.

Again these kits are far from garbage.

I just don't see it. In the picture I see a comparison between the PR core and a "Greddy" core. We're talking about the PR and VRSF cores. The OP does not own a Greddy core. Therefore your visual proof is not applicable to the cores in question.

Please. Stop. Responding.

You are clearly too dense to see that I said neither core is good because of the low density design of them.

:rolleyes:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back