The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Punishment racing fmic for 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Really? I thought the bovs were basically identical besides the diaphragm.

Heres pics of mine.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

everything looks similar.

how do you take pix so close?

Both internals look identical except for the diaphragm. I dont see why the diaphragm cant be switched.

Both internals look identical except for the diaphragm. I dont see why the diaphragm cant be switched.

Those are both non NGRs, I have had my NGR BOV since it came out and the internals do not look the same. That diaphragm looks real thin and cheap and the lip is way too small and thin from what I see. The plate below it is also different and the valves are different. That diaphragm looks so thin that high boost will probably tear through it (no offense). I'm surprised the chinese are even trying to copy NGR BOVS LOL.

When I bought my Punishment kit, I opened it and it looks exactly the same as the left one. Guess they are trying to improve their quality as there BOV was crap when I tested it, valve didn't even open and just surged. The springs on them are way too stiff as well.

Anyways my buddy just bought a Punishment kit as well (I love the kit, just not the BOV) and we will tear it open and see if it does indeed have the orange diaphragm like in the pic, then well compare it to my NGR one with pics. Either way the Punishment kit is nice, but I would not risk running that cheap BOV. Also I tried swapping NGR diaphragm with the BOV that came with PR kit and it does not fit, the lip on the NGR diaphragm is too big for the lip on the knockoff BOV, the tops are different as well, I believe they made this to prevent using their diaphragms on knockoffs.

What are you guys doing for vacuum lines? The nipple on the throttle body is way bigger than the nipple on the punishment bov. and the vacuum line that comes with the kit for the bov doesnt even fit on the throttle body nipple.

Also the licp nipple is huge compared to the stock bcs/wastegate fittings. I got some different size vacuum hoses, but it seems like i can get it to fit on one side but the other end will be either too small or too big.

Is everyone else's bov flange top smaller than the base of the bov? No matter how tight I tighten the bolts it starts leaking at gasket around 5psi...

The flange does not seem to be truely flat. I used RTV to fix the issue.

Does anybody have any tips with fitting the cold side piping?

No matter which way I seem to turn the couplers or pipes, the long curved pipe is alway pressing hard up against this bracket on my transmission:

and the bov that comes with the kit is also hitting the hood when I close it.

any tips?

oh, also. anybody doing the 1spring mod on the pr bov?

i got what im guess is the same kit as the pr from the ebay seller etd motorsports or something. anyways it didnt come with the mounting bar and it was actually sent from cxracing and came in a cxracing box LOL.
pipes line up great just gotta find away to mount it up without making a bar im gonna search around a little bit and see if anyone has fabbed up a easy fix before i start from scratch.

No matter which way I seem to turn the couplers or pipes, the long curved pipe is alway pressing hard up against this bracket on my transmission:

any tips?

I used to have this problem with my kit. I actually ended up rubbing a hole through one of my pipes before I noticed. Sometimes you can tweak the pipes in the couplers to where it won't hit, but I just ended up deleting my clutch accumulator for a simpler fix. I've never had a problem with the BOV hitting the hood though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_T View Post

any tips?

I used to have this problem with my kit. I actually ended up rubbing a hole through one of my pipes before I noticed. Sometimes you can tweak the pipes in the couplers to where it won't hit, but I just ended up deleting my clutch accumulator for a simpler fix. I've never had a problem with the BOV hitting the hood though.

I just wrapped that part of the pipe.

I think I got it in the right spot now. I might just put a piece of rubber around the part that is close to the bracket in case it rubs. I think I just had the pipes too far into the coupler off the throttle body elbow.

Well just got my kit installed and it was very easy, worst part was fabbing up a bracket because mine didnt come with one. pretty straight forward and looks great, couldnt be happier anyone looking for a budget fmic this is the one.

Anyone elses intercooler like chipping/peeling like this? I dont know if its supposed to be like a protective coating or something over the aluminum. But I noticed it was sort of peeling off last time I washed my car.

Its more noticeable in the sunlight because the coating or whatever it is isnt shiny and the aluminum is. Just wondering if anyone else noticed theirs.

Last edited:
Mine is over a year old now and i drive it every day and its not doing that. :hmm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back