The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

VR Speed Factory Or Punishment Racing 2G FMIC

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:banghead:

How about you post some of your logs with your IATs since you claimed to run the kit to prove everyone wrong.

I dont have IAT logs but I do have track results. I have time slips from a track night were I made 8 passes in 1 hour and my trap speed never varied.

Again these kits are far from garbage.

And maybe if you stopped relying on cheap substitutes, you would get out of the 12s. :ohdamn:

I Was Wondering What Do You Guys Think Is A Better Fmic Kit For a 60-1 turbo set up.

Ive heard both to be good budget intercooler kits. Some problems may persist like overheating issues with the VRSF. (Not saying it will happen to you but did to me.) I sold the kit and opted to try the Punishment kit (Got it free for doing some fab work for a friend, and bough the next one for my other talon.)

This kit was used on my friends 99 GSX for a summer and he had no problems with it holding 35 psi @ 540awhp. He did 4 consecutive passes within about 35 mins. and his IAT logs all looked kosher.

He is using SD and also running 93.

His next upgrades were an ETS kit, and the stock hx-40 twinscroll housing with a divided manifold. Also after the switch to E-85, he sold his ETS and bought the VRSF kit. Probably wanted his money back.

To me they'll both do the same job. Its all up to you on piping length.

i personaly own a vr speed fmic and i have nothing but good things to say about them, there great quality defiantly for the price

Ive heard both to be good budget intercooler kits. Some problems may persist like overheating issues with the VRSF. (Not saying it will happen to you but did to me.) I sold the kit and opted to try the Punishment kit (Got it free for doing some fab work for a friend, and bough the next one for my other talon.)

This kit was used on my friends 99 GSX for a summer and he had no problems with it holding 35 psi @ 540awhp. He did 4 consecutive passes within about 35 mins. and his IAT logs all looked kosher.

He is using SD and also running 93.

His next upgrades were an ETS kit, and the stock hx-40 twinscroll housing with a divided manifold. Also after the switch to E-85, he sold his ETS and bought the VRSF kit. Probably wanted his money back.

To me they'll both do the same job. Its all up to you on piping length.

Hmmmm overheating issues???? I've had a VRSF FMIC on my daily for more than a year now and there hasn't been a single day that I have overheated.

I had a another friend that had the ssautochorme kit and yes he did suffer from overheating.... according to mangina their kit is built to different specs.

But anyways I personally believe that the VRSF FMIC and the punishment kits are the best bang for your bucks :thumb:

To the OP if you are still thinking about keeping either on of the 2 FMIC I say you keep the VRSF FMIC.

Can you use a modified bumper support with the PR kit, or is the core to big?

Shouldn't be as hard to modify the support with the punishment kit. I still have my bumper support with the VRSF FMIC and that core is huge. just look at my pics LOL.

yeah the only reason i am selling is because i just have the kit there. would both be able to handle the hx35 i bought.. i just want to make sure if both can with nps. i know im going to sell one for sure. but im having second thoughts and i might just keep them both and test them or keep the PR piping and sell the intercooler and get the PTE one. and if you leave a post backing one up can u tell me what turbo u are using and how much psi. thanks. getting off to do some homework.. :/

yeah the only reason i am selling is because i just have the kit there. would both be able to handle the hx35 i bought.. i just want to make sure if both can with nps. i know im going to sell one for sure. but im having second thoughts and i might just keep them both and test them or keep the PR piping and sell the intercooler and get the PTE one. and if you leave a post backing one up can u tell me what turbo u are using and how much psi. thanks. getting off to do some homework.. :/

The PR core will be fine for your HX35. And considering how many people have said they have made over 500hp with the VRSF core, it would be a good choice as well.

60-1, 25psi, pump gas.

i've had no issues with my PR. i'm running 25psi on a 16G measured from the intake manifold and have 0 knock with 92 on a 4th gear pull and an ambient air temp of 80*+. i've also never had a pipe blow off either. for the price i really can't complain. i don't have track times with it because they closed the track before i got to the island, but running down a straight line isn't really my focus anyways. the fact that i was able to keep my fogs was a huge bonus, with some bright yellows they are a great addition to the headlights, especially in adverse weather conditions. to each his own, though.

I don't mean to sway slightly off topic here, but I was looking at both fmic's for my 97' gst and wanted to know which one LOOKS better. And when I say that I mean I want one where I can cut the black lip off of my bumper and have it show NICELY without having an ugly gap.

Also, I would like to retain the stock fog lights if possible but not completely mandatory.

Thanks in advance!:thumb:

Last edited:
i love the way my PR looks. no, gaps, looks agressive, after having someone else drive my car behind me i know why mustangs lose interest after the pass me on the freeway, too bad really. ill try to get some front shots for you tomorrow...

I don't mean to sway slightly off topic here, but I was looking at both fmic's for my 97' gst and wanted to know which one LOOKS better. And when I say that I mean I want one where I can cut the black lip off of my bumper and have it show NICELY without having an ugly gap.

Also, I would like to retain the stock fog lights if possible but not completely mandatory.

Thanks in advance!:thumb:

Both will look good through the bumper. With the PR kit you get to keep the fog lights and it's an easier install.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back