The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

punishment racing fmic????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i just put it on my car last week its a really nice kit but but it requires alot of work cutting of the front end ext. this kit will pretty much do anything you want it to performance wise its awsome big piping and pretty easy install just takes time! comes with great clamps and everything you need id give it a a+ once its done!

I have their redesigned 1g kit. Flanged for greddy, and also comes with a knockoff greddy type S bov.
Piping's aluminum, comes with t-bolt clamps, silicone couplers and everything else needed. Good deal, we'll see how it holds with 21psi...

I'm not having problems with 23 psi from an ebay 16g. and I'm getting ready to buy a bigger turbo asap. Something like a pte scm6152e, or something a little smaller.

I went from 100% stock IC and piping to the latest punishment kit, and noticed a huge difference. The kit with the updated bov flange location and greddy flange. Tim said the next batch will have a flange for both the 1g and greddy.
And yeah, it came with a knock off greddy.

I have their redesigned 1g kit. Flanged for greddy, and also comes with a knockoff greddy type S bov.
Piping's aluminum, comes with t-bolt clamps, silicone couplers and everything else needed. Good deal, we'll see how it holds with 21psi...

Funny. My buddy has their redesigned and his isn't aluminum. He's got steel too I think.

My pipe looks like shit on the inside, rusted. I don't think I want to put them back on.

Funny. My buddy has their redesigned and his isn't aluminum. He's got steel too I think.

My pipe looks like shit on the inside, rusted. I don't think I want to put them back on.

He has who's kit? Our kit's come with aluminum piping.

Tim

Punishment FTW !

I have a post in here somewhere floating around with some pics and such.

I'll find it and post the link

Its a cool kit..
I'm about to get it flanged for a tial bov.

diamondstarmotorsports has a few kits that use aluminum piping, thats where I got mine and thats what came with it.

IMO it's what all intercooler piping should be, maybe thats just me.

so i bought the punishment racing kit from a friend, love the kit, love the aluminum piping havent installed yet, but tim at punishment its awesome sent me instructions for the kit

I dont understand why on there site they claim to be manufacture

I called them to purchase this kit and asked them if it was made in-house. They said yes so i ordered. Got it here as soo as i opened the box i new it was EBAY.

Kind of dissapointed, but i should have researched before hand.

The young kid also told me the flanges i was ordering were stainless steel and they were just plain old steel.

Probally wont be ordering from them again.

I know it wasnt Tim I was dealing with but maybe someone new there who doesnt know?????

I plan on using the punishment fmic, i have everything else piping flang for my greddy s, and the j pipe. Looks great and im not going with anything else also i want the short route sty.e

We dont claim anything nor does it say on our website that the kits are built in-house, we are very open about where everything on our website is built.

If there was any confusion when you originally called I apologize, the gentleman you spoke to is fairly new and still learning our extensive product line. As I told you on the phone earlier this week if there was an issue with any part of your order just return the offending part for a full refund. I think you will find we are probably one of the easiest shops around to deal with:thumb:

Tim

my question to most sellers of intercoolers is... What are the actual specs of it. Not just the size, but the pressure test, cfm, degree drop across intercooler etc. Most don't supply this upfront...

Anyone know what the punishment ratings are for their 1g kits?

I understand Tim and like it said i knew i didnt talk you. I just installed the kit and the J pipe was welded incorrectly and screwed up the fitament. Ill get some pics for you. It almost touches the motor mount, the angle is way off. I will be cutting and welding it shortly here to get it right.

A pair of Tin snips did the trick for me in the front.

It took me about 25 minutes to install minus welding im about to do. Very easy install.

***note*** my bumper was already off so time was considerably less

The jpipe does sit close to the motor mount so that it can clear the fan but we really havent heard of customers having clearance issues there. Send us an email with pictures of the issue so I can get a better idea of whats going on.

Tim

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back