The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Real Modifications...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You can easily achieve this with VHT Niteshades. It does not dry with a gloss to it. You actually have to wetsand it and then spray clear over it to get the gloss.

I am sure you could find some satin, or low, or even no gloss clear coat. And skip the wet-sand.

Also. How much would you say you spent on materials? How much labor would charge for a set of 2g lights? all 4 corners OFC done similar to yours. Feel to get creative if you dont me running around N. Alabama with a set of cloned lights.

I should be picking up a 2g GST soon. I would absolutely freaking love the tails, however I really am leaning towards a Projector Retro Fit with the halo light with a cut off in the halo done to match the angle of the hood.

Thanks, I will be looking for the niteshades (I hope I'm right in assuming it's a type of paint). I spent way more on materials than I will chage since I've gone through so many just to get the right look. However, on the current setup, there are 4 LED strips totaling $80. I would charge the $80 for LEDs, shipping both ways, and $50 for labor. But as with all things in life, I can be flexable on some things. Cost will go up eventually after I build up the circuit board version and total costs on that. But that will be ahile. (What's OFC) right now, tail lights would probably be $90 in addition to the shipping and labor.

This setup looks sick man, especially the head lights :hellyeah: I hope i get a chance to check it out when I get back to the Springs from deployment in march. Gives me some good ideas for what I want to do when i do my 2gb front end conversion to my GSX! :thumb:

Well, just hit me up when you return from the sandbox, I'll still be here. I ETS later this year and this is my home town and won't be moving anywhere else. Stay safe an keep your head down. ;)

Those tail-lights are very cool. I'm going to have to post this over on 3sgto. :)

I should do something like that with my r/t tails. That single-strip of LED's would make a great running light to match the "<<< and >>>" sequential turns I'm looking at getting.

Not a DSM, but I thought I'd share.

This is how she sits now:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Yes, I currently have four working reverse lights on my car. :D

The plan is to shave the ones in the bumper (the OEM ones), fill in the bumper creases, and nightshade the tails & center garnish. It will hopefully look very smooth when I'm done.

p.s.

I'm working on keeping the OEM spoiler, but moving it so it hangs of the back of the trunk a bit more.

Here is what I was looking at. Something similar to newer Audi headlights.

Clear/White LEDs in the front possibly extending to the side. And amber LED turn signals.

Two ideas, either top row hooking down. Or bottom row. Unsure really if it needs to continue to the side part to look right.

I really love what you did with your tails. Unsure as to how to really pull it off in a 1g tail. Unfortunatly, as much as I dislike 1gbs I think it would really be best pulled off with a 1gb rear end.

I really like these.:hellyeah: I like the ones on the bottom of your picture. The ones with the top row lit up.:D

Those tail-lights are very cool. I'm going to have to post this over on 3sgto. :)

I should do something like that with my r/t tails. That single-strip of LED's would make a great running light to match the "<<< and >>>" sequential turns I'm looking at getting.

Not a DSM, but I thought I'd share.

This is how she sits now:

Yes, I currently have four working reverse lights on my car. :D

The plan is to shave the ones in the bumper (the OEM ones), fill in the bumper creases, and nightshade the tails & center garnish. It will hopefully look very smooth when I'm done.

p.s.

I'm working on keeping the OEM spoiler, but moving it so it hangs of the back of the trunk a bit more.

Sure, it may not be a DSM, but I still like 3kGTs/GTOs/stealths. I think your idea would look good too. If you want it done, you should go with it. ;)

Here is what I was looking at. Something similar to newer Audi headlights.

Clear/White LEDs in the front possibly extending to the side. And amber LED turn signals.

Two ideas, either top row hooking down. Or bottom row. Unsure really if it needs to continue to the side part to look right.

I really love what you did with your tails. Unsure as to how to really pull it off in a 1g tail. Unfortunatly, as much as I dislike 1gbs I think it would really be best pulled off with a 1gb rear end.

Well, I'm now trying to track down a decent 1Ga awd Talon to buy. So I can start LED mods to it as well (gonna do 1Gb tail light swap thou, I think they look better).

dude.. these light mods are incredible.. u have some serious talent! i'll hit you up when im ready to copy that style.

dude.. these light mods are incredible.. u have some serious talent! i'll hit you up when im ready to copy that style.

Sweet, just let me know. I'm soon upgrading my status to 'supporting freelancer' so it'll be easier for everyone to know about the lights. And there's gonna be a few different designs to choose from that I've already designed, but still need to build.

Check out my threads.
I'm doing an HID Retro and all LED lighting on my Talon (tails, corners, bumpers, interior, blah, blah, blah).

Sadly I haven't updated in a while.

Just a quick update on my LED tail lights... I have ditched the whole aftermarket apperence and placed OEM tail lens on the aftermarket lights to give them a more stock look:sneaky:. It in turn has also made the lens look slightly darker than stock and I'm loving the turnout. Here's a couple pics for you all...: :dsm:

Attachments

• 20110326113612.jpg
    20110326113612.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 20110326171600.jpg
    20110326171600.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 158
Thats looks awesome, I have been thinking lately on some ideas for my 1g tail light. but that is fantastic. great work.

I really like the lights. I've got to replace mine so I might have to look into those.

Really like the lights man. I wonder what you could do with the talon tail lights. I have ideas running through my head... Hmmm haha well your not that far from me. Once I have some cash sitting around I might have to hit you up and maybe mosey on down south. Keep up the great work!

The more i look at those the more i think i like them and the red lens looks way better! Do you have it set up as plug and play or how hardis it to wire it in for the average joe?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back