The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Official Bench Racing Thread (how fast is my car/how much HP can I expect)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Why the 280's with the 16g? That will be probably the biggest downfall us loosing usable rpm range with the 280's.

You have a lot of research to do. This is also pretty much bench racing. Read read read, and then read some more.

with a proper tune and good compression this setup can make 350-400whp. depending on boost,fuel, and afr/timing. but id say for a 16g put 272s in for a broader power band for sure.IMO

You have a lot of research to do. This is also pretty much bench racing. Read read read, and then read some more.

I agree. Why do we even have a search button? I understand that people are new to DSM's and such, but seriously, new members shouldn't even be allowed to post till they used the search feature like 50 times...

Anywhere from 500whp-650whp judging by what people on CL say their 16G powered cars make.

so im not sure if im in the right place with this but i didnt want to get yelled at, so mods if im wrong please move this.

Im almost done with a current setup in one of my talons it is as follows...

REVISED LIST FOR YOU...

Stock 1g head w/ REV dual Valve springs and revised Lifters - sure w/e depends on how much money you wanna spend might as well built it if not its cool I'm not ganna argue.
Get 272 cams BC are not the best.
Good cams don't need adjustable cam gears.
Stock Pistons and rods - um... If thats what you wanna do then thats fine I don't wanna debate that.
ARP Head Studs - good
MLS Head Gasket - meh
Balance shafts eliminated - good
Evo Big 16G (turbine housing gasket matched) - dont buy ebay...
7cm Exhaust Housing (ported+Gasket Matched) - evo3 or fp race manifold
Pacesetter tubular exhaust manifold - not worth it
FMIC w/ short route piping (2.5in piping) - yea vrspeed punishment racing good ets the best
RC 660 Injectors - might as well get 1000cc injectors I love FIC injectors
Wally 255 pump - good
O2 Dump Housing - you will hate it and so will the cops. Just a ported 2g o2 housing or something recirculated from a vender like punishment racing works fine.
3in Exhaust no Muffler no resonator (straight 3in turbo back) - thats fine.
6 puck Clutch - I have run a 4 puck clutch at 550whp on my friends car but none that matters whatever your foot will likes.
Aluminum flywheel - yep
DSM Link - no $h!t

what kind of power is a setup like this capable of making? just curious im just trying to anticipate what ill see when it hits the dyno. ill run as much boost as 93octane will allow without leaning out

I redid the qoute at the top for you that should be little better.Maintenance=horsepower Tune=horsepower
You make around 320whp more on race gas or E85. Tune good, keep boosting.:hellyeah:

Ok just a ball park on this build please im not going to go into the arp headstuds and gaskets but.

6bolt w/1g big rods and gvr4 pistons that hopefully will pick up from a member here shortly.

Port and polished head, intake, exhaust to match.
272 cams? No adjustable cam gears
750 injectors
255 fuel pump
Pr short rout fmic.
I got lucky and have a eprom iin my 1g jus need it socketed with dsmlink.

Probably keep the t25 turbo for.now and run it 10 - 15 psi

3"MAFT

il probably buy a jacks transmission.

And a recomendation on what clutch I should buy?

I am hoping 300+ with a good tune and change the turbo one day when I get the money.

My goal is a safe 300 - 350 horses. Thanks for.your.input!

hey guy's just wanted a rough idea of what my 1/4 mile times and trap speeds should be with set-up, FP 3052, 2.3 stroker, hks 272's. intake mani, exhaust mani,.. etc.. around arround 500 whp. maybe a tad less. or more.

Wouldn't this be considered bench racing? The only way to find out a good estimate is to get to the track and see what your slips are.

Biggest variable that none of us can factor in is "you" as in the pilot. It may run high 10's or better, OR it may be running mid 12's to low 13's consistantly. It's all in how YOU make it perform.. people have ran 10's on 16G's, then there's other with the same 3052 that can't get any faster than a 12.5.... I think this is one step below bench racing even LOL, just go run and have fun, launch harder untill you have no money to upgrade the next breaking part and it will get faster and faster untill you're broke or needing the next newest part to shave another two tenths off your ET.

good luck out there, report backwhen you get some runs in!

How much does the car weigh? If you can drive it, I have seen a 500hp DSM run 10's consistently.

How would a car respond...well say a wally 255, stock fpr, upgraded valvetrain, kelford 272s and a t25

I am in the process of rebuilding my 2g with forged internals and was wondering what kind of numbers I should be expecting.

The set up I'm looking at for the most part is:

Weisco pistons and Eagle rods

14b turbo (what psi would be the highest i should go?)

FPR- (what should I set it at?)

255lph fuel pump

550cc injectors

FMIC

HKS SSQV

CAI

ECMlink (with a good tune)

Seems about it for the major mods. Just curious at what numbers i should be looking to expect after i get it tuned and how much boost the 14b is efficient to because every other thread seems to tell you the max boost with stock fuel set up. Thanks

And all your going to get is guesses because we don't know your compression ratio and how good the tune is. Your better off just waiting to get on a dyno before trying to get people to "guess" your hp.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back