The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

How much is my system worth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitsuclipsegsx

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 5, 2004
Dover plains, New_York
I am selling my system to my friend, and i dont know much about systems, and i was wondering how much it is worth
all i know is its an 2 12" alpines, alpine amp, and the capalator
he offered $300, but i think it might be worth close to a grand, what do u guys think,

You need to get us model number or makes. example Alpine SWR-1221D and Alpine MRD-M1001 class D monoblock....

If you have no idea what they are, get some close up pics.

Those are the Type-E subs---entry level, about 80$ a piece, so i doubt he's gonna be runnin anything heavy duty to power all that---box included id say 300 is close. and WTF is a capalator??? is that anything like a capacitor???

::side note::
Alpine doesn't reccomend the use of stiffening capacitors with their equipment...

Unless you have some sort of monster amp that offer would be right on.

I sold this setup for $700 to a young kid with money to burn.

Dual Audiobahn aw1200's wired to 1 ohm mono
Custom 3 cubic foot box
Memphis 1000d 1ohm monoblock
4 guage wiring with 2 100amp inline fuses
4 guage ground wire
10 guage amp to speaker wire
custom mouting plates for speaker box

the equipment at the time was about 1-2 years old and the amp and speakers alone retailed for nearly $1000 new. This setup would've went for maybe $500 to a smart shopper, but this kid had heard it and was desperate to have it so I highballed him and he bit on it.

if he gives you 300 bucks take it and run. You could by the system on ebay with shipping for about 150 bucks

EclipseSH21 said:
Those are the Type-E subs---entry level, about 80$ a piece, so i doubt he's gonna be runnin anything heavy duty to power all that---box included id say 300 is close. and WTF is a capalator??? is that anything like a capacitor???

::side note::
Alpine doesn't reccomend the use of stiffening capacitors with their equipment...

maybe that casued the fire???
yes capacitor hahaha when i said 1g i thought thats whats is worth when i bought the car(which is still on autotrader) he said the system, and speakers inside car was 4k but i know that was a lie, but really only 300 wow, ok i'll take it
thanks

SoilentGreen98 said:
hahaha, "capalator" you mean capacitor

anyways, just from the looks of it, I'd say $200-$300, maybe less though, those type-E's are bottom of the line Alpine

200-300 for just the subs or w/ the amp too. i will take a pic of the amp this weekend

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back