The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Moog - Control Arms 4g63 (europe)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvieira

Probationary Member
Sep 3, 2013
Faro, Europe
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help to find the correct parts for my car:

CAR: 99 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS (with 4g63 NA engine - Europe) D32A

Im currently looking to replace the Lower Control Arm for both sides (passenger and driver)
So, firstly went to Rockauto and placed order for the following:

MOOG CK90266
MOOG CK90265
MOOG CK80437
MOOG CK80436

From which ive managed to install parts CK90266 & CK90265, however when tried to install CK80437 and CK80436 the mechanic said that it came shorter than the original part and consequently would not fit (pictures bellow).

So in an effort to try to make sure that ive got the correct parts, went to the local Mitsubishi dealer and they have informed me that the correct part numbers are MR296292 (Right) and MR296293 (Left) as pictured on their diagram, however im not being able to find the Moog part for MR296293, only MR296292 which is CK80437.

It would be convenient for me to have everything from the same brand, does anyone know the correct Moog part? Or else, what do you recommend (parts / brands)?

Thanks in advance,

Attachments

• IMG_20190318_160651.jpg
    IMG_20190318_160651.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 151
  • IMG_20190318_160820.jpg
    IMG_20190318_160820.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20190318_160832.jpg
    IMG_20190318_160832.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help to find the correct parts for my car:

CAR: 99 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS (with 4g63 NA engine - Europe) D32A

Im currently looking to replace the Lower Control Arm for both sides (passenger and driver)
So, firstly went to Rockauto and placed order for the following:

MOOG CK90266
MOOG CK90265
MOOG CK80437
MOOG CK80436

From which ive managed to install parts CK90266 & CK90265, however when tried to install CK80437 and CK80436 the mechanic said that it came shorter than the original part and consequently would not fit (pictures bellow).

So in an effort to try to make sure that ive got the correct parts, went to the local Mitsubishi dealer and they have informed me that the correct part numbers are MR296292 (Right) and MR296293 (Left) as pictured on their diagram, however im not being able to find the Moog part for MR296293, only MR296292 which is CK80437.

It would be convenient for me to have everything from the same brand, does anyone know the correct Moog part? Or else, what do you recommend (parts / brands)?

Thanks in advance,
Strange - Moog's website says it will fit:
https://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/moog-ck80437

Maybe contact them and see what they say? I would send them photos of the old and new parts next to each other if that's possible, though I'm guessing you put your old ones back on to drive it.

When he says they are shorter i assume the arm length is the same but the bush is likely flipped cUsing tje bolt hole to be off a good 10mm ish. Have you check the old ones on the bushes vs the new ones and left to right?

For future reference, it's not necessary to order suspension-related parts from the US (rockauto). There are many suspension parts for the 2G readily available in most shops around the EU, I'm sure there will be some in Portugal (Faro, right?). One brand I've used before is "555", a Japanese brand. You also have a cheaper alternative such as Nipparts. Just find your local auto parts store and either give them your VIN or actual Mitsubishi part numbers, and not part numbers based on brand.

The shipping on those arms would have cost you almost as much as the parts I'd guess.

Strange - Moog's website says it will fit:
https://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/moog-ck80437

Maybe contact them and see what they say? I would send them photos of the old and new parts next to each other if that's possible, though I'm guessing you put your old ones back on to drive it.

Yeah ive been in the that site as well and saw that same information, i contact them but the sales rep said that they could not match the part, once ive explained him what happened. :(
Old ones went back into the car, now only have photos....

When he says they are shorter i assume the arm length is the same but the bush is likely flipped cUsing tje bolt hole to be off a good 10mm ish. Have you check the old ones on the bushes vs the new ones and left to right?
Unfortunately i dont have much info besides the pictures ive provided, the mechanic said that they didn't fit due to the size, this was a couple months back (been trying to sort this out for a time now) and ive sent the parts back to Rockauto a couple days after we tried them... :(

For future reference, it's not necessary to order suspension-related parts from the US (rockauto). There are many suspension parts for the 2G readily available in most shops around the EU, I'm sure there will be some in Portugal (Faro, right?). One brand I've used before is "555", a Japanese brand. You also have a cheaper alternative such as Nipparts. Just find your local auto parts store and either give them your VIN or actual Mitsubishi part numbers, and not part numbers based on brand.

The shipping on those arms would have cost you almost as much as the parts I'd guess.
Yeah thanks for the tip, it did cost a lot of money to get this parts shipped here, however i really wanted MOOG parts, as this was suggested by the mechanic to be a reliable brand, meanwhile iv managed to track them down within EU... Belive it or not, finding retailers for Japan parts besides Honda in Portugal, specially in Faro, is almost impossible, this is a country of BMW's, Mercedes and VWs...
But you are from Bulgaria, any good websites you recommend for 2g parts?

Alright so I spent some time researching your issue, there's a few things.

First, the MOOG CK80437 (Driver side) corresponds to Mitsubishi MR296293 (LEFT). And MOOG CK80436 (Passenger side) corresponds to Mitsubishi MR296292 (RIGHT). So it seems you have those mixed up. There is a small chance your mechanic may have also mixed them up when trying to install them, but I'm sure he checked each in each spot.

Secondly, AWD models use different part numbers, so make sure you don't confuse those and get the wrong part number.

Thirdly, MOOG is a subgroup of "Federal Mogul", which is a US manufacturer of these parts. I did a quick search in my country and some other websites but almost nobody has those MOOG control arms in stock. I also tried using google translate to find a few auto parts stores in Portugal, but there's some generic ones which are scam sites replicated in each country, so be careful when using those.

You need to either look for a company in Portugal (or the EU) who is an official MOOG parts importer, and get them from there, if you really really want this brand (just because your mechanic says they are the best doesn't mean they really are).

Personally I'd just buy something in the midrange. 555, Ashika, Blue Print, Kavo, Febi Bilstein... Pick your brand. Hope this helps!

If you want ones that 100% work and they have 1 version get the hardrace ones! I have them and they are prefect fitment! Can get dealers all over the place even in europe. Moog are good but they tend to have a few parts for the same item and its not the first time things from moog differ as i seen that on here before on tie rod ends and ball joints in arms etc.

Keep in mind there are differences between 95'-96' knuckles and the 97'-99' knuckles also. You might be further ahead to buy the Mitsubishi recall kit and get the new knuckles, and all new arms at the discounted price.

Thanks guys for the great feedback to my problem, i guess i just need to get my head around it and find an alternative part.
As soon as i have news i will post it here as it may help someone in the future... ;)

A special thank you note to Kryndon for the time spent searching and writing his awesome review.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back