The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

manifolds that work with holset hx35 hx40

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HY-35 with a braced T3 xspower ebay manifold.
No waterpipe denting
Had to cut away some of the front motor mount for clearance of the oil drain.
Rewelded wastegate flange and angled differently to clear the power steering.

Got a t-3 manifold off ebay, cut a pie out of the bottom flange and then heated and bent it up and rewelded it. Used the n/t waterpipe. It fits perfact between the radiator with internal wastegate and didnt have to dent waterpipe. Ill post pics later. Oh and its a 7-blade hx-35

punishment racing budget t3 manifold.

38mm tial

baby h1c, fits perfectly.

The baby h1c (one with bolts holding the compressor cover to the backplate) has a much smaller compressor cover than the 50-52mm small h1c, 54mm big h1c, 56mm wh1c, hx35, and hx40.

Installed

Attachments

• hx-35 install 1.jpg
    hx-35 install 1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,771
punishment-racing t3 manifold with hx40 and bep t3 housing. I've got pics posted in my profile.

I cant wait to contribute to this thread. I got the big H1C with a fp mani and a .55 BEP turbine housing. Just waiting on the BEP housing to get here. Supposively they are hitting the shelf the 19th.

No but planning to put some as like you said they are cheap and prone to crack.

HY-35 with a braced T3 xspower ebay manifold.
No waterpipe denting
Had to cut away some of the front motor mount for clearance of the oil drain.
Rewelded wastegate flange and angled differently to clear the power steering.
I think we have the same manifold I had to cut and reweld the external gate flange towards the radiator. I've almost cut away all the right side of the motor mount for the return line how do you have your return set up?

Check your oil pressure at the head before you crank up the boost on this turbo. Sometimes the head is sufficient, but rarely does the head have enough oil pressure to keep any journal-bearing turbo other than a MHI unit well-oiled beyond 25psi.

I cant wait to contribute to this thread. I got the big H1C with a fp mani and a .55 BEP turbine housing. Just waiting on the BEP housing to get here. Supposively they are hitting the shelf the 19th.

LOL. Im assuming you talked to Bill at BEP? Ive been wating for mine for about a month.

I have an h1e with a bolt on housing, installed with a stock 2g mani and it fits fine. I dented the waterpipe, but found out afterwards that I didn't even need to.

LOL. Im assuming you talked to Bill at BEP? Ive been wating for mine for about a month.

haha sure did and well still havent shipped mine yet so maybe they will ship it monday. I think he knows me by name now since I have called up there so many times now. I have been waiting since sometime end January to beginning of Febuary. My head is not done yet but would give my buddy a little insentive to get it done. Other than that its about ready to get put back together.

With the fp manifold being on sale, any thoughts on it being worth it vs 2g stocker for hx35 bolt on housing? Or since the housing is the limit in this case, there wouldnt be any gains so not really worth the money?

With the fp manifold being on sale, any thoughts on it being worth it vs 2g stocker for hx35 bolt on housing? Or since the housing is the limit in this case, there wouldnt be any gains so not really worth the money?

Better flow, other than that I don't see any other advantages because the turbo will sit exactly the same spot as stock. You would still need to dent the water pipe as stated before.

anyone ever use the 7blade hx35 with the stock 3t 12cm^2 divided housing with the new punishment racing 3t truly divided many with twin external gate flanges on it, fitted to a 2g?

Punishment Racing T3 Divided Housing Manifold - Punishment Racing - Punish The Competition

that was my setup (except for i was gonna build my own manifold like it...) my project got put on hold for a little while. but, this is by far the best setup you can run for this turbo. best spool and you can maximize flow up top more than the bolton housing. and jmf told me that their's would fit the hx35 no problem...said you might be able to fit a fan....

sorry i don't have real world experience... i wish my project was done too...

Last edited:
I think we have the same manifold I had to cut and reweld the external gate flange towards the radiator. I've almost cut away all the right side of the motor mount for the return line how do you have your return set up?

This is a little late... but I have a 10an return bung on the drain, with a 45deg an fitting pointed away from the mount and a rubber hose clamped onto the 45deg that snakes into the drain.

I want to do a 12an setup later as I head the drain may be too small.

Does anyone run a Threadstone manifold with a head flange and longer studs I know one guy does on here. Does anyone else? Because bulls ye is backed up until end of July!!!!!

Another thing how safe is it to put a 45 Degree or 90 degree fitting directly onto -10an drain off off the turbo? Would it not drain properly and cause turbo to get backed up? I have a manifold but I need to put a 90* or 45* Fitting on the drain to make it go away from mount..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back