The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Holset hx35 BEP machined to fit hx40

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beansblacktsi

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 2, 2007
Lincoln, Nebraska
Im currently running an hx35 with a bolt-on housing and it has been a great turbo but I just have the itch for more power. I have an hx40 laying around and I want to put it on. So my question is can the hx35 BEP housing be machined to fit the hx40 wheel? From research it looks like they are the same casts except the hx40 is machined to fit the bigger wheel. Can anybody confirm this? Here is the thread Im going off of: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/turbo-system-tech/422223-bep-55ar-housing-hx35-40-wont-fit.html

I know most will say just sell my housing and buy an hx40 BEP but instead of dealing with trying to sell mine and then trying to find another for sale it might be easier to get it machined. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advanced.

I 2nd that matter fact I have done it! to a non WG 16cm2 hx35 housing so it fit an HX40
Good to know- I was concerned that machining the factory twin-scroll HX35 housing to fit a HX40 wheel would require grinding into the twin-scroll webbing within the housing.

Twin scroll T3 12cm HX35 non-wastegated housing machined for a HX40 turbine would be insane.

Good to know- I was concerned that machining the factory twin-scroll HX35 housing to fit a HX40 wheel would require grinding into the twin-scroll webbing within the housing.

Twin scroll T3 12cm HX35 non-wastegated housing machined for a HX40 turbine would be insane.

you have to clean up the T/S divider a little but it wasnt a bid deal. I gotta get my hands on a 12cm2 non WG housing for my HX35 this 16cm2 doesnt spool up till 4k

ill get some pics of the housing to share with everyone

I weighed a similar option when I built my turbo. It was a BW S360 with a .94 a/r dual scroll T4. Turbine vane was a big 3.000" with that monster housing. Snatched it off a 9.0L John Deere powered diesel generator.

I called BEP to get a smaller hosing, they said it'd be best to change the wheel out to match one of their housings as it would be more expensive to fit the housing to the wheel. I dropped the CHRA off with my machinist to match the new .70 a/r turbine to the bearing housing after receiving it.

BEP gave me a core credit for my old wheel which substantially dropped the price. Might be worth asking about in your case

I weighed a similar option when I built my turbo. It was a BW S360 with a .94 a/r dual scroll T4. Turbine vane was a big 3.000" with that monster housing. Snatched it off a 9.0L John Deere powered diesel generator.

I called BEP to get a smaller hosing, they said it'd be best to change the wheel out to match one of their housings as it would be more expensive to fit the housing to the wheel. I dropped the CHRA off with my machinist to match the new .70 a/r turbine to the bearing housing after receiving it.

BEP gave me a core credit for my old wheel which substantially dropped the price. Might be worth asking about in your case

I can machine a housing for a lot less then the cost of turbine wheel, let alone having to disassemble the turbo,and rebalanced it.

IMO they are full of it and would much rather sell you something then send it out to be custom machined

Random question, but can someone list the real sizes (in millimeters) of the GENUINE hx35 and hx40 turbine wheels. There are fake one's on eBay with 5 different sizes from BAE turbo... I'd just like to have a clear answer from someone that has measured both turbine wheels from GENUINE HOLSET turbo's (cough, cough, Justin :p). Thanks for your time in advance..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back