The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

manifolds that work with holset hx35 hx40

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does anyone run a Threadstone manifold with a head flange and longer studs I know one guy does on here. Does anyone else? Because bulls ye is backed up until end of July!!!!!

Another thing how safe is it to put a 45 Degree or 90 degree fitting directly onto -10an drain off off the turbo? Would it not drain properly and cause turbo to get backed up? I have a manifold but I need to put a 90* or 45* Fitting on the drain to make it go away from mount..

Don't know anything about the manifold. I run a FP race manifold and it fits good. Just dent the water pipe a bit. I made the mistake of really beating the crap out of my water line. So when I installed the turbo (hx35) there was plenty of space and just needed s slight dent. It seems that we are all getting cut up on the fitment from turbo to water pipe. This is easily solved by using 2 manifold gaskets and a little denting of the water pipe. The most trouble area here will be the clearance between the turbo and the radiator. Trying to fit yor stock fans. If not, then just trying to fit the biggest slim fan out there. I believe thats where the biggest issue could be if running a spacier manifold that would allow the turbo to clear the water pipe. Or even running a spacer between the manifold and the head. My vote goes for the stock manifold or an FP race manifold with 2 gaskets and a couple of bangs to the water pipe.

The 45* elbow should be fine. I would worry more about the size of the line instead. Though some people have reported good results with the -10an line, I personally wouldn't install it on my car.
Remember to really trim that motor mount if you haven't already.

Thanks for the info but your not understanding clearly I dont have the BEP housing so I am going to be using stock housing with a custom manifold I got just wanted to know if the 45* was safe right off turbo. Your the 2nd person to say soo should be okay..

I got this manifold to work from ebay for 30 Bucks. I cut out the divider because the runners are not 1&3 2&4. I Had to port out stock housing and manifold flange. The manifold width was longer than the t3/t4 so I ported out the stock housing to match than I got the manifold ported to match the housing length because it was slightly smaller and the flange has a lip blocking runners from enter housing. The manifold puts the turbo all the way in front of the tranny so I am going to have good space for a 3" 02 Housing. All I need now is a spacer probably a 45* for the drain and to hack to shit out of the front motor mount.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My soon to be custom setup.

Evo III Manifold, adapter plate for T3, ported, drilled for wastegate.

Custom hacked Megan 3" Downpipe, and my old J pipe for my 14 b turned dump tube. Should be running either today or tomorrow.

:D

Attachments

• 40017_10150219533515284_510130283_13547650_7938394_n.jpg
    40017_10150219533515284_510130283_13547650_7938394_n.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 628
  • 39999_10150219533450284_510130283_13547648_7191578_n.jpg
    39999_10150219533450284_510130283_13547648_7191578_n.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 597
  • 39226_10150219533485284_510130283_13547649_3257023_n.jpg
    39226_10150219533485284_510130283_13547649_3257023_n.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 598
Here is a pic of my bolt-on hx40 in the .55 Mitsu housing w/ a 2g manifold on a 1g. I didn't have to dent my water pipe, just grind away a little above where I blocked it off with a bolt. I of course had to grind away a lot at my motor mount too. I'm not using any spacers and I'm running a Tial 38 off the a Punishment-racing recirc'd o2 housing.

Last edited:
talon1979 can you post a pic of the motor mount and how much you had to grind off? I just purchased an hx35 and have the HAFE manifold on my 1g. Should be the same placement as the stock mani, but id like to see if a spacer would be necessary.

This is what the punishment "Budget" manifold looks like with a H1E in a 12cm t3 housing hanging off of it. Had to dent the water pipe just a hair. Maybe 1/8th in.

I wish someone could make a downpipe vband for an hx40 and ERL for a 2g awd. This is going to be my setup and it's going to suck to make one.

Its actually not bad to make one. All you need is a mig welder and a hacksaw. Thats how I did mine but a band saw would have made life alot easier.

On a properly-built setup, the stock twin-scroll housing would probably be the quickest-spooling housing that would yield the most airflow potential.

For the record, this is a technical question that should have been asked in one of the general Holset tech threads. Please reserve this thread for manifold flange and fitment discussions in relation to various Holset turbochargers.

Ported 2G manifold, I had to dent the water pipe a little, I actually dented it more than I needed to. Tial 35mm wastegate off #1 and recirculates back into the O2 housing.

I ended up having to dent my water pipe just a little. I didn't realize I had to until I was tightening everything up. I was able to end up keeping the stock passenger fan, but I had to grind away a bunch of it.

I ended up grinding down even more than what is shown in this picture. Sorry for the super late response, I have just been very busy with school.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, we're talking hx40s here:)... But yes, the ERL seems to clear alot of turbos. Proven to flow well, even looks so via 'static flow eye-balling'. AND allows big turbos to clear a block designed in the '80s. About time someone figured out we do normal size performance turbos and we need simple clearance.

T3 Dark Performance manifold (From MAPerformance.com) HX35 in a Garrett .48A/R 4 bolt non WG housing. no denting the water pipe

I use the fp race cast manifold on a bep.55 mitsu housing with my 8 blade 35x. Only modification i needed for fitment issues was cut the front motormount bracket to clear the oil drain, dent the water pipe were the fitting is on the bottom and weld a 2g throttle body elbow on the compressor outlet for my intercooler piping.

( my car was in several accidents before I purchased it so the front part of the rad support and frame dont offer as much clearence as they should have on a normal set up. I couldn't rotate the compressor further away from the motor mount without it hitting the rad so I had no choice but to weld an elbow onto the turbo.)

Not sure if this is the right place or not, but has one built their own manifolds? What about pics and clearence?

T3 Dark Performance manifold (From MAPerformance.com) HX35 in a Garrett .48A/R 4 bolt non WG housing. no denting the water pipe

Hell yeah, that looks super clean Adam. I may have to pick up one of those manifolds for myself! You still have my stock 12cm holset housing? I may need it here soon :hmm: :thumb:

This is what the punishment "Budget" manifold looks like with a H1E in a 12cm t3 housing hanging off of it. Had to dent the water pipe just a hair. Maybe 1/8th in.

Does the H1E use the same sized compressor housing as an hx35?

Is anyone else using this manifold with a hx35/hx40? Hows the fitment?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back