The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

FP3052 Pictures and impressions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Originally posted by jdmawd
Great review sure wish I had an EMS. Anyway I noticed you posted that you reach 14 psi at 38XX rpms at 100% throttle. Was this before or after you had it professionally tuned? If not was there any spool improvement after it was tuned better.

I noticed Grocmax posted that the turbine a/r was on the large side.
I have no idea how large it is, but its larger then the PTE stuff by LOTS. With my setup I am able to spool 20 or 25 psi by 3400 rpms. Boost level doesn't seem to matter the turbo spools at the same point. I went out and did a little more tuning today.

What gear was the 3400 done in? Just for accuracy purposes, I like to test boost threshold in 5th, since things happen slower. Would you mind doing a 5th gear roll-on test to see where you reach full boost? TIA

Originally posted by mike9146
What gear was the 3400 done in?

4th and 5th. It also appears that the braided return line does leak, but its not at either flange.

Originally posted by Captain Morgan
do you have any pictures of your 02 housing sepearate from the turbo?

I think there are some pics of it earlier in this thread.
I've got dialup, so I can't really look through 8 pages of this thread. :p

:dsm: :laser: :talon:

Hi, I live in the UK and have been following your thread quite closely! I drive a Vauxhall Calibra 2.0L 16v (GM in USA). I a have actually modified the DNP manifold to accept the vauxhall exhaust header, im using a 50Trim PTE but have noticed it spools up very quickly (only running 12psi (achieved at 3000rpm) until my Autronic ECU is mapped properly). I have to agree that the turbo sounds very aggresive with the DNP manifold, it almost "barks" at you;) I have rebuilt my engine using steel rods and Forged low comp pistons (8:2:1) and uprated oil pump. My car has been off the road for around 200days and when i got it back it was well worth the wait! I was thinking about running siemens deka 720cc/min injectors, do you recommend anything better?
Glad to see you have got the car going and look forward to seeing how much power your car makes and the 1/4 mile times in records!:D
I have attached some pics of my car below.
New engine bay
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Front view

The old engine bay!

Hi can anyone tell me if they know the specs of the FP3052? I am possibly looking to get one but I want to be sure its right for the aplication i will be using it for. Thanks Rick

Your Vauxhall is fantastic. DO you have any pics of the body, b/c those cars are beautiful.
JDMAWD, do you know what the A.R. of the exaust size is?

Forgive me for thread hi-jacking! I have included a piccy of the car up above! Rick that 3052 turbo is seriously good stuff! I would consider that as well;)

The tubine housing nozzle area is 1.4 sq. in., A/R is .70. Back to back tests against a recent design T3 .49 show quicker boost threshold and MUCH less exhaust pressure at higher RPM.

You really can't directly compare modern volute design to older stuff by comparing A/R, and the A/R is a useless number to know without also knowing nozzle area.

Y'all would drop a load if you knew what the nozzle area and A/R is on EVOIV-VIII twin scrolls.

Great review sure wish I had an EMS. Anyway I noticed you posted that you reach 14 psi at 38XX rpms at 100% throttle. Was this before or after you had it professionally tuned? If not was there any spool improvement after it was tuned better.

I noticed Grocmax posted that the turbine a/r was on the large side.
I have no idea how large it is, but its larger then the PTE stuff by LOTS. With my setup I am able to spool 20 or 25 psi by 3400 rpms. Boost level doesn't seem to matter the turbo spools at the same point. I went out and did a little more tuning today.

I lowered the boost the 20 psi and leaned the car out to around 12.2 up top. The low end response and pull on the big end of this turbo is extremely scary. I almost ran into the back of a bus twice.

Originally posted by Boost Junkie
They wouldn't sell it to me. I really wanted the cool SS drain line, but they said they stopped having them made and were only selling the blue drain lines now.

Our hose place messed up on the swivel/crimp setup. About 25% develop a small seep. They will be fixed soon, if you have one of the leakers call for a replacement.

Originally posted by GrocMax
You really can't directly compare modern volute design to older stuff by comparing A/R, and the A/R is a useless number to know without also knowing nozzle area.

Y'all would drop a load if you knew what the nozzle area and A/R is on EVOIV-VIII twin scrolls.

The new FP turbine housing bolts up just like the mitsu., so it would be a direct comparison (same original nozzle area) to the the 7cm mitsu. housing which is about .49 A/R. Right?

Is there something other than A/R and nozzle area that the new housings have that make them more efficient?

Please tell us about the evo twin scrolls.:)

Originally posted by DCJ98GST
The new FP turbine housing bolts up just like the mitsu., so it would be a direct comparison (same original nozzle area) to the the 7cm mitsu. housing which is about .49 A/R. Right?

Is there something other than A/R and nozzle area that the new housings have that make them more efficient?

Please tell us about the evo twin scrolls.:)

Ours is 1.4 in2 not 7cm2. Do the math ;)

The larger EVO twin scroll is 10+ cm2.

That makes sense, since those turbo's are running 11's for everyone. Their has to be a way to use that on our manifold. I dont care which way the turbi spins, if it rocks a mitsu flange, it will work!

Tuning in my opinion is done better on the road. However i do have a dyno appointment for January 13.

OK, I'm bringing this one back from the dead. The time has come and gone. I want some ####ing #'s to see if you can tune or not!!! Cuz we sure didn't get much accomplished the last time we had a dissussion about tuning.

Originally posted by NOSLO2PT0
OK, I'm bringing this one back from the dead. The time has come and gone. I want some ####ing #'s to see if you can tune or not!!!

WOW my fans are enthusiastic and abundant, I am truly flattered. My car is for sale. So you will have to buy your own FP3052 and dyno it. You really should step back from the computer and gather your composure. What some guy on the other end of a computer screen can do should not effect you this much.

Good luck.

we sure didn't get much accomplished the last time we had a dissussion about tuning.

Yeah you ran back to nabr to see if I was right, and to your dismay I was:laugh: :laugh: I seriosuly dont care anymore please go away.

WOW my fans are enthusiastic and abundant, I am truly flattered. My car is for sale. So you will have to buy your own FP3052 and dyno it. You really should step back from the computer and gather your composure. What some guy on the other end of a computer screen can do should not effect you this much.

Good luck.

Yeah you ran back to nabr to see if I was right, and to your dismay I was:laugh: :laugh: I seriosuly dont care anymore please go away.

why you selling?? :( I was kinda hoping to see your car get done, you got a nice set of mods.

what car you have plans for next?

Originally posted by Kingdom
why you selling?? :( I was kinda hoping to see your car get done, you got a nice set of mods.

what car you have plans for next?

Im opening a small paintball store in my area, and possibly a online store. The sell of the talon will help offset the start up cost. I can always buy more toys later:D I hope the talon will find a nice home where it will be loved as much as i have. Trust me if I didn't have to I definitely would not be selling it. I freaking love this car more then anything:(

Im opening a small paintball store in my area, and possibly a online store. The sell of the talon will help offset the start up cost. I can always buy more toys later:D I hope the talon will find a nice home where it will be loved as much as i have. Trust me if I didn't have to I definitely would not be selling it. I freaking love this car more then anything:(

good luck. and good decision, you can always get a car later.

Originally posted by Kingdom
good luck. and good decision, you can always get a car later.

Thanks man thats kind of how i am looking at the situation.

Where are you opening the store? I live in the DC area and would like to visit. Hmm, I'd also like to visit the car prior to you selling it so I can see what this turbo's like :)

Originally posted by TSiAWD666
Where are you opening the store? I live in the DC area and would like to visit. Hmm, I'd also like to visit the car prior to you selling it so I can see what this turbo's like :)
shoot me PM's guys i dont want to kill the thread topic.:D

I thought you, your car, and your new turbo was this threads topic? How much are you asking for your car? What were the dyno numbers that you did get? Even if they arent spectacular for the setup, I'm sure they are still decent numbers (read: over 350 HP) There are many curious people on this board that want to know! I know I personally couldnt sell my car until I was satisfied with it. I would hate to give up on it without ever knowing what it was capable of.

Originally posted by TwoLiterV8Eater
I thought you, your car, and your new turbo was this threads topic? How much are you asking for your car? What were the dyno numbers that you did get? Even if they arent spectacular for the setup, I'm sure they are still decent numbers (read: over 350 HP) There are many curious people on this board that want to know! I know I personally couldnt sell my car until I was satisfied with it. I would hate to give up on it without ever knowing what it was capable of.

I thought you, your car, and your new turbo was this threads topic?

The post directly above yours was in response to off topic paintball questions not my car or turbo. Please pay attention.

What were the dyno numbers that you did get? Even if they arent spectacular for the setup, I'm sure they are still decent numbers

I don't think any decent dyno results can be made with high pressure fuel shooting from the base of your Cylinder head. This type of condition is unhealthy for the motor and those standing around the car. the pull was aborted. Its as simple as that.

There are many curious people on this board that want to know!

This turbo is available from forced performance. My suggestion to those that are curious, Is to go buy your own and dyno it. Problem solved no?

I personally couldnt sell my car until I was satisfied with it.

When did I give the impression that I was not satisfied with my car? I love my car, best car I have ever owned in my life. Obviously our priorities are very different. More cars and toys can be purchased at a later date. Right now I need to focus on more important things. Im sure you can understand that.

I would hate to give up on it without ever knowing what it was capable of.

My car is capable of putting a huge smile on my face and it makes my heart beat accelerate under boost. Im very happy with that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back