The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

FP3052 Pictures and impressions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BTW, it ain't a particular turbo that makes or breaks the deal, while it certainly helps to have a premium well matched unit, the power you end up making is the sum of all that has been done. Its a complete system, not randomly chosen and sloppily assembled parts from catalogs.

GrocMax said:
BTW, it ain't a particular turbo that makes or breaks the deal, while it certainly helps to have a premium well matched unit, the power you end up making is the sum of all that has been done. Its a complete system, not randomly chosen and sloppily assembled parts from catalogs.
to some extant, your exactlt right. But with all the pioneers doing all the leg work for you and me, now a days things are becoming more plug and play, put x plus y parts on your car and it will go fast. Occasianally you get to see threads where some body couldn't get it right, but lets be honest here...........it's not rocket science for you and me.

All we do is take garret's hard work, buschers blood sweat and tears, Road race engineerings long term investments and and FP's research and development, strap them to our cars so we can gloat about our kills on the week ends at the track. Don't try and act like you had any thing to do with it. All the hard work and science has been taken care of, gift wrapped, marked up and sold for mine and your pleasures.

Not tryin to take any thing away from your tuning theory here, but imagine if we didn't have all these random parts developed for us by some body else, how fast would we still be going these days? How much would be happening in the dsm community with out every body elses hard work, time, and money invested?

NOSLO2PT0 said:
But just slapping all the best brand names on a car doesn't mean shit if they don't work well together and the owner can't tune.

I know what you meant. I was just saying that from the other end of the spectrum name brands don't get as much credit as they desearve. How fast would any of the tuners on this board be without companies like garret and mitsubishi turbo chargers?

Oh, and holset while I'm at it, LOL

I guess it's a no brainer that or 2 liters are not very fast with out forced induction, but what i'm really trying to say is god bless garret (turbo company I plan on going with) They make a fantastic product some times, and god bless FP for building a sweet housing.

Amen, i'm out.

definitiveno said:
Not tryin to take any thing away from your tuning theory here, but imagine if we didn't have all these random parts developed for us by some body else, how fast would we still be going these days? How much would be happening in the dsm community with out every body elses hard work, time, and money invested?

Instead of Buschur being a pioneer or Curt Brown, or Mike Welch, or whoever else FIRST started going fast it would be me, or you, or who knows.

The point is, we'd still be going fast. The names in the DSM Hall of Fame would just be different.

definitiveno said:
All we do is take garret's hard work .........FP's research and development, strap them to our cars so we can gloat about our kills on the week ends at the track.
definitiveno said:
Don't try and act like you had any thing to do with it.

Ummmm, you're quoting a guy that works at FP. ;)

definitiveno said:
Don't try and act like you had any thing to do with it. All the hard work and science has been taken care of, gift wrapped, marked up and sold for mine and your pleasures.

Got news for you Sir- I'm the guy who built that car that YOU seem to know so ####ing much about.

God I hate the internet.

BTW, I asked you how you pulled those numbers out of a hat- do you have and answer for me?

I thought not.

Have a nice day, and hope your e-car does well when its finished.

GrocMax said:
Got news for you Sir- I'm the guy who built that car that YOU seem to know so ####ing much about.

God I hate the internet.

BTW, I asked you how you pulled those numbers out of a hat- do you have and answer for me?

I thought not.

Have a nice day, and hope your e-car does well when its finished.
Excuse you @ss.

I called the other day and asked about the car, some body was nice enough to take a minute, told me a little about the car and I shared what info i had with some one who asked. If I am letting out a shop secret or some thing you shouldn't be giving out that type of info over the phone then, I don't claim to know every thing about it, so go take a breathe.

Moving right along, there is an expression, can't think of it right now, some thing about a revolving door. Never mind.

Pulling those numbers, ive just been using some kids spread sheet posted in the engine performance section. Maybe it's wrong, maybe i diden't put in the right information, maybe you could have corrected me like your going to anyway without tryin to troll for an arguement.

I don't even know why you would bring my e-car into this. Don't you worry about my E-car buddy, that shit is running 9's. It's not running right now cause I need to replace my spark plug wire pullies, and replace my exhaust bearings, but when I do I will post a video for you :rolleyes:

Later,
Defno.

PS: fu(k me, I didn't realize you were with FP. Mad props on the good work, keep it up. Not tryin to Ebattle with you man, gotta protect my rep though you know? haha, j/k

BTW, 25psi is alot for 93, were you using any water/alky injection?

PS: seriously had no idea you were FP. So many times people stand up like it's because of them that their cars are fast (like they have any idea how much work went into the pieces on their cars) and you unfortunatly for me had to be forced performance. Again, very sorry for the mixup.

Straight 93 from the Exxon down the street, no alchohol or water injection, no fuel additives, no tricks.

And the comp ratio is well over 9:1.

There is a big difference between building a system that works together, and throwing a bunch of parts together and hoping it works.

GrocMax said:
Straight 93 from the Exxon down the street, no alchohol or water injection, no fuel additives, no tricks.

And the comp ratio is well over 9:1.

There is a big difference between building a system that works together, and throwing a bunch of parts together and hoping it works.

agreed :thumb: I have been able to run 23 psi with my 9:1 motor as well on an scm61 turbo with no knock. Its all about using the right parts and good tuning.

yeah its not hard to extract more boost out with 93 just be careful not to get a bad tank of gas. Its why we stick to the 19lb area here at the shop. I have had cars come in with bad gas from all the heavy hitter stations: Shell, BP, Mobile etc. as long as you have a nice way to monitor it all.

Eric

just to add my .02 ive had the turbo for a bit now. havent taken it to the track yet. i did take it to the dyon though. this is when i had the 625cc injectors, with greddy fmic and type s bov. the car was breaking up after 21psi. the best whp i got was 411whp
1591race.jpg

on pump gas at 19 psi i got 370whp.
now i have 880cc injectors, sbr fmic, and type r bov. going back to hopefully get my 450whp+. and run 28psi or more.

still a stock bottom end 7bolt.

Just curious here. Honestly i dont give a crap weather i end up with an fp3052 or a gt30r since i think their both of equal quality (the real gt30r from garret, not the hogged out mitsu fake) but what would be cheaper/better here? An all out garret setup with a custom T3T4 manifold, custom O2 housing, internally gated gt30r, or the fp bolt on with band clamp O2 housing, 44mm tial, and a SBR cast mani?

Nice #'s DSM, that's pretty decent. I'm shure I'll be right at where you are. The only diff between setups is I'm running (soon to be replaced) web 264s, 2.5" 02 housing, mild head work, and a FRH intake manifold. If I get anything over 400whp on pump I'll be happy. I really have no current interest in running race fuel, my car gets driven quite alot in the summer, but if I'm feeling saucy one day I'll propably try it. But currently I don't want to run over 20psi because I'm still on 625 injectors and no headstuds, all that will be changed when I install the cams, (hoping for FP's 272s) I'll keep the board informed. I got the car running last year but somehow the trans was broke. A few weeks is my goal.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back