The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

FP3052 Pictures and impressions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krisj144 thats some nice diy work man :thumb: , maybe trying to grind down some of that excess weld will give it a cleaner look? Like the one liquid illusion posted?

Liquid Illusion said:
Interesting,

for some reason i just cant agree

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

How much did that cost ya?

I personally don't like the harshness of the direction that the wastegate gasses merge into the DP on the FP housing. You obviously did a great job on that with the DIY job, props!

thanks for the compliments guys. it means a lot to have people appreciate work I did all myself.

The housing liquid posted is sweet as hell. Very nice. I just don't want to know the price :)

I ended up wrapping mine in header wrap so the ugly welds are out of sight-out of mind.

Yes, I agree that the O2 dump on the custom DIY looks much smoother than the FP unit. I'd be happy to sport either one though! :D
The welds on my O2 are just as hidious, but if you see my car's exterior you'll see that I'm not so concerned about looks. Just as long as it performs well. :thumb:

Chris

For starters any o2 housing should have gradual radius bends to smooth out exhaust flow and reduce turbulence. Next the dump tube re-entry should be at the very end of the o2 housing as close to the down pipe as possible. In order to reduce exhaust flow turbulence also.

Im sure plumbing the dump tube directly in the path of the o2 sensor was an ingenious idea also. :laugh: Im sure you guys know more about turbo and 02 housing design then Forced Performance :laugh:

...or it shouldn't dump back into the exhaust at all like mine. relax, everybody is entitled to their own opinion. :rolleyes: Just because not everybody thinks your O2 is the hottest thing around. I'm sure FP knows what they're doing, and I'm sure its a fantastic design. Personally, I'm not out to squeeze every single possible HP out of my car, so I'll settle with something that might not be as good as the high dollar part.
Just my $.02.

Chris

How mutch was that thing Liquid, I might be still able to get one of those setups.

i laugh so hard when people pay hundreds upon hundreds of dollars for peices of metal welded together which took about lets say 50 bux to make. Guys, its exhaust, not rocket science. sheesh.

I would get all the parts together and go to an exhaust shop and have them cut and weld it together, it would be alot cheaper.

Black95TSIawd said:
i laugh so hard when people pay hundreds upon hundreds of dollars for peices of metal welded together which took about lets say 50 bux to make. Guys, its exhaust, not rocket science. sheesh.

The ignorance found on this board is mind numbing. You do realize the v bands and the clamp retail for $150 alone, you do understand that dont you?

Im sure plumbing the dump tube directly in the path of the o2 sensor was an ingenious idea also. :laugh: Im sure you guys know more about turbo and 02 housing design then Forced Performance :laugh:[/QUOTE]

So are you saying that the wastegate gases slaming into the turbine outlet exaust gases at a near 90 degree angle is good for performance of the O2 housing?

Everything that glitters is not gold.

Liquid Illusion said:
You do realize the v bands and the clamp retail for $150 alone, you do understand that dont you?

http://www.burnsstainless.com/Hardware/Clamps/clamps.html

Burns sells a 3" clamp set for $80.

Could you explain to the non-rocket scientists why you don't want wastegate bypass exhaust flow getting to the 02 sensor? It's all from the same source and all has been equally combusted.

$80 X 2 = $160

Plus SS dump tube.

Plus shop time to build SS O2 pipe.

If a guy wants to build his own its cool w me. It's funny what people will spend time argueing about though.

krisj144 said:
http://www.burnsstainless.com/Hardware/Clamps/clamps.html

Burns sells a 3" clamp set for $80.

Could you explain to the non-rocket scientists why you don't want wastegate bypass exhaust flow getting to the 02 sensor? It's all from the same source and all has been equally combusted.

You need 2 of those $80 3" V bands and clamps plus 2 of the $75 smaller ones. Its apparent you have some type of problem with purchasing quality crafted dsm parts from well know and trusted venders.

Forced Performance has defined what a DSM specific turbocharger is. Forced Performance has proven themselves time and time again as the benchmark when it comes after-market DSM turbochargers.

BAD-TSi said:
How mutch was that thing Liquid, I might be still able to get one of those setups.

I would venture to guess around $500 at least. Their 3" O2 without the w/g dump welded on is $425.

Chris

Ehh, #### that 02 return. I called them, its like $200 more. And they said they're sending my turbo out in a few more days. :|

So whats the fastest time with the 3052 so far?

I'm looking for mid-high 11's Friday night. I'll finally get some C16 and turn up the boost.

well, I'm not a fp3052 user but I am a fp3065 user, I am running a full blown built 2.3L stroker motor right now that we just got back together this past friday.
this is what is done to the car

2.3L stroker
knife edged and completely polished 2.4 crank
crower H beam rods
1 full MM oversize weisco stroker 9~1 pistons with teflon coated side skirts
arp everything
cometic head gasket
1mm over size nitroed coated stainless steel valves
crower titanium valve springs and retainers
HKS 272 intake and exhaust cams
fidanza adjustable cam gears
head was fully ported by yours truely
act chromoly flywheel
act 2900 clutch
BJ cylinder head sheet metal intake manifold
FIC 850cc injectors
-8 fuel line from pumps to rail
aeromotive AFPR
dual twin turbo supra fuel pumps
fully ported 95 exhaust manifold
AEM EMS stand alone (speed denisty)
FP3065 turbo
tial 44mm external waste gate
greddy profec b
216 spearco FMIC with 2 1/2" innercooler pipes
tial BOV
acufab 77mm throttle body
bunch of gauges and switches LOL
10 point roll cage
and plenty more done but getting too lazy to type it all LOL

Anyway, With only 4 hours of tune into the new motor with the 3065 we went to the tracks,
98 degrees out side and at 3500ft of elavation and ONLY 12.71lbs of boost (recorded by AEM logger) I was able to pull 12.2 @115MPH!!! with only 12.71lbs of boost!!!!!
Crap thats pretty much stock boost levels, and this turbo thrives on high boost, this turbo don't even come allive till about 21lbs of boost!!
This turbo is unreal, spool is incrediable with the stroker motor, and just the damn sound of the full ball bearing turbo makes get a hard on.

The next pass we cranked up the boost to 21lbs and unfortuntly we broke the 3rd 4th gear shift fork and only had 1st and 2nd gear on that pass, we were able to pull my fastest 330 ft time with a 4.610 with a spining like hell 1.804 60ft time. I was not able to get into any top gears at all so we did not get a full blown out pass on the car, the car is full weight and then some due to the 10 point cage adding about 280lbs of weight to the car. So I would assume the car weighs right around 3450 with me in it.

But over all the fp3065 or the 52 is by far the best turbo I have ever ran in any of my cars.

Hopefully this weekend I will have the shift fork fix with steel ones and get back out to the tracks and get my mid 10 second slip.
-Jake

I don't know what the fastest time is with the 3052. At 21 psi I ran an 11.58 @ 121 on my 3052. I am sure someone will post a 10 second slip sooner or later with this turbo. I would turn up the boost some more but I am confident my 126k tranny will break and I am flat broke. :cry:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back