1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

FP3052 Pictures and impressions

Posted by jdmawd, Oct 10, 2003

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. jdmawd

jdmawd Proven Member

Joined Mar 20, 2002
    GreenBelt,
    First id like say dealing with forced performance is the most wonderful turbo purchasing experience I have ever had. I called them up, told them what I wanted and made payment. Brian told me when it would ship and it arrived a couple days after that.

With that said this turbo looks like a piece of art work. When I opened the box I got the feel of when my dad and I used to buy model trains when I was a kid. the turbo is simply beautiful. The FP turbine housing is the most beautiful car part I have even seen. id like to buy another one and just put it on display in our rec room on a little shelf like a trophy.

I simply cant wait for the 02 housing and dump tube to arrive so I can get started with the installation. I should have ordered it all at once. oh well shame on me. Shame on me for not buying from Forced performance from day one.

Id like to comment on the oil drain line. Because I have seen a few and actually made a few. This steel braided oil return is the best $50 I have ever spent and its huge high quality and very well made. Now on the pics, they even put my name on it;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Vegas smith

Vegas smith Proven Member

Joined Dec 2, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Wow, very impressive equipment. Keep everyone posted on how the install goes ect.....now all you have left is to break the drivtrain in two!:thumb:

Street Build 3K  10

1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  3. DSMJim

DSMJim Proven Member

Joined Jul 24, 2002
    What really impresses me is the return line, thats a nice piece.

I like the turbo, the inlet is a little strange with the four cut outs around the wheel which is only cosmetic. I doesn't look bad, just not what I'm used to. Nice package overall.

I would definately buy that product except I opted for a manifold mounted wastegate setup vs one off the turbo, not for any reason other than that's my preference. Plus I wanted a new manifold to port and ceramic coat. Not that I couldn't do that with the stock one, but again preference...

[EDIT] After looking at FP site your turbo looks like the 3065 not the 3053 based on their pictures...

640  0

1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    12.123 @ 114.750 · 2G DSM
  4. bigfoot

bigfoot Proven Member

Joined Aug 30, 2002
    The inlets around the wheel are anti-surge ports. There is a slot around the compressor wheel about 1/2" in. The GT turbos sold by HKS have a funnel in the inlet. I wonder why the FP doesnt have it.

http://www.hksusa.com/images/?id=1307

5. DSMTurbos

DSMTurbos Proven Member

Joined Nov 27, 2001
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Wow, that turbo looks awesome, let us know when you get it on

432  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    12.080 @ 119.500 · 2G DSM
  6. DSMSpyder99

DSMSpyder99 Proven Member

Joined Apr 7, 2003
    ThE VaLLeY, California
    holy crap that this is HUGHOMG :thumb:

1K  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    manual · 2G DSM
  7. 95GST

95GST Proven Member

Joined Jun 14, 2002
    Nice stuff man. Mine is going to have a 2.5" elbow welded on (even though they told me the outlet is 2").

Your outlet is 2" right?

8. LILGSX96

LILGSX96 Proven Member

Joined Dec 2, 2002
    , Hawaii
    I am very impressed! That thing is SICK looking! I love it.

249  0

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    · 2G DSM
  9. jdmawd

jdmawd Proven Member

Joined Mar 20, 2002
    GreenBelt,
    yeah the compressor outlet is 2"

DSMJIM:

dude the oil return is very well made.

10. Slappster

Slappster Proven Member

Joined Jun 20, 2002
    Flower Mound, Texas
    They dont make a 3052:rolleyes:

380  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    12.840 @ 107.200 · 2G DSM
  11. jdmawd

jdmawd Proven Member

Joined Mar 20, 2002
    GreenBelt,
    I think you're mistaken.

12. 95GST

95GST Proven Member

Joined Jun 14, 2002
    Hey do you know what water lines will work with this turbo? I havn't figure it out yet. I was wondering if my 20G water lines will transfer over.

13. jdmawd

jdmawd Proven Member

Joined Mar 20, 2002
    GreenBelt,
    no clue i plan to use -AN fittings.

14. RACER-X

RACER-X Proven Member

Joined May 26, 2002
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    hey jdm, did you have them port your exhaust housing?... the opening looks kinda odd shaped and HUGE.

358  0

1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
    manual · Galant VR-4
  15. RACER-X

RACER-X Proven Member

Joined May 26, 2002
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    oh yeah, by the way great looking turbo. if you can judge performance by looks you just may have bought the best turbo yet.

358  0

manual · Galant VR-4
  16. jdmawd

jdmawd Proven Member

Joined Mar 20, 2002
    GreenBelt,
    It looks like the edge of the flange was just cleaned up a little. Not sure about porting but The throat area is HUGE.

17. jdmawd

jdmawd Proven Member

Joined Mar 20, 2002
    GreenBelt,
    Man they send these things out ready to rock and roll. The throat area visually looks a lot larger then the PTE housing on my other turbo. The throat is super straight smooth and huge, I wouldn't want to touch it.

18. RACER-X

RACER-X Proven Member

Joined May 26, 2002
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    well good luck with upgrade, and keep us informed with the performance.

358  0

manual · Galant VR-4
  19. GrocMax

GrocMax Proven Member

Joined Jul 24, 2002
    Celina, Texas
    It isn't an HKS turbo?

20. GrocMax

GrocMax Proven Member

Joined Jul 24, 2002
    Celina, Texas
    Stock water lines fit with some minor bending.

21. GrocMax

GrocMax Proven Member

Joined Jul 24, 2002
    Celina, Texas
    The turbine housing is as cast, there is no need or desire for any porting. It will also take, and keep, a polish if you so desire being 310 stainless. Once polished and heat cycled it looks rilly cool, rainbow effect. However it WILL stain easily, so don't drop any oil or coolant on it hot.

22. Defiant

Defiant DSM Wiseman

Joined Jan 13, 2003
    glorious Galt, California
    That's effing cool. Congratulation, Garrett!

:laugh:

3K  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
  23. GSX4LIFE

GSX4LIFE Proven Member

Joined Aug 17, 2002
    So, is it the GT37 52trim? Sure as hell looks like it. Is that by any chance a theaded compressor wheel? The turbine looks like the same one on every other GT turbo, 84trim. Great looking turbo. Compressor housing is ugly as hell, but that turbine housing is beautiful!

BTW: Congrats Leo!! You are now a member of the bandwagon turbo buyers club. Enjoy. :laugh: ;)

651  0

12.302 @ 120.340 · 2G DSM
  24. jdmawd

jdmawd Proven Member

Joined Mar 20, 2002
    GreenBelt,
    Didn't GrocMax already post that this turbo is not a GT3037 the first time you asked this question? What makes you think I would have any Info other Then what FP has already posted. I have never held a GT3037 in my hand for reference have you?

I love it.

headbang2.gif

25. GSX4LIFE

GSX4LIFE Proven Member

Joined Aug 17, 2002
    "Didn't GrocMax already post that this turbo is not a GT3037 the first time you asked this question? "

Not that turbo. The 3037s are plentiful. The GT37 52trim is one of the newer ballistics wheels. These are completely different wheels. The newer wheels are threaded. And I havent seen them used in anything yet. But that sure as sh** looks like it.

651  0

12.302 @ 120.340 · 2G DSM