The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

rebuilding a fp3052

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsx219

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 26, 2007
sumter, South_Carolina
Ok so after 6 years of reliable driving I wanna do a refresh rebuild replacing mostly everything like old gaskets and seals but I also wanna rebuild my turbo has some shaft play very little but still don't like it. So I've searched and searched is there any kit online I can buy to rebuild this turbo myself or do I have to send it back into FP for the rebuild and spend $500+ on it. Any info will be greatly helpful.

being a ball bearing turbo you will have to send it back to fp, i just sold my 3065 on here, the guy said he had a 3052 that blew and fp qouted him 900 for the rebuild.

Well damn this is the first ball bearing turbo I've had didn't know average joes couldn't rebuild them well that kinda blows. Well since that's the cause anyone have experience with sending a turbo to them and how long does it take to receive my turbo back this is still my daily driver.

The ball bearing gtr turbos can not be rebuilt. The only option is a whole new CHRA witch means you are almost buying a whole new turbo.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back