The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

FP3052 Pictures and impressions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badass setup jdmawd .. how much is all this costing you??

... I own the page! MaD TyTe Yo! ;)

Originally posted by 1fast97gsx
badass setup jdmawd .. how much is all this costing you??

I own the page! MaD TyTe Yo! ;)

A fortune, the dnp header and ceramic coating is where i really took the hit. the turbo is a steal for what its priced at.

351fp30install.JPG

Thats pretty crazy that your internals are pretty much stock besides the ARP head studs! Aren't you afraid you might mess up the engine? DSM's are TIGHT!!

Ya, you spent a shitload. But hell, that is one of the sickest setups ever. Hell of a job man. Can't wait to hear how it performs.

Jake

how much is the turbo ... slow connection so too lazy to search :D ... I'm looking for an upgrade yet again too that's why I ask .. I have 16g now.

$1150. plus $75 to have either the compressor or turbine housings polished.

Jake

Does any one know how much longer the tial 40mm wastgate will
be for sale. I was told that the 35mm and the 40mm wastgates
were not going to be made any more, that all you were going to
be able to get is the 38mm and the 46mm. I ask this because
I am looking at geting a fp3052 and just wanted to know if fp
will be going to a 38mm wastegate or the 46mm wastegate.
I allready have a 38mm sitting in my room and just wanted to
know if I should sell it and get a 40mm now, or hold on to it
and see if fp goes to the 38mm.

Thank you
Brian:D

I"m also waiting to hear what JDMAWD's setup will run. Because the last time we got into a discussion, it seemed that 1/4 miles didn't tell all. So, only time will tell.

Originally posted by GSX4LIFE
JDM, awesome looking man. But, please, stop spreading bad info. Your PTE 50trim uses a .60 a/r compressor housing. Your Mutt used a .60 a/r compressor housing. This is the same universal cover, used on countless combos. The FP cover incorprates the surge ports(which you thaught were for decoration:laugh: ), but, in the end, it s the good old Garrett TO4E housing. The TO4S housing, is .70 a/r. See, info is good. Confirmes you actually know something:thumb:

What is your point? JDMAWD posted this to show his new setup. Lay off the analitical comments. They make you sound smug and belittling. Instead of what your title indicates..... A wiseman :)

Originally posted by Brianawd
Does any one know how much longer the tial 40mm wastgate will
be for sale. I was told that the 35mm and the 40mm wastgates
were not going to be made any more, that all you were going to
be able to get is the 38mm and the 46mm. I ask this because
I am looking at geting a fp3052 and just wanted to know if fp
will be going to a 38mm wastegate or the 46mm wastegate.
I allready have a 38mm sitting in my room and just wanted to
know if I should sell it and get a 40mm now, or hold on to it
and see if fp goes to the 38mm.

Thank you
Brian:D

Tial is supposed to be releasing a 44mm variety that has V-Band flanges in December. On page 4 of this thread GrocMax mentions their intentions to go to this style setup.

http://www.tialsport.com/44WG.JPG

Originally posted by jdmawd
Now we just have to get her towed down to extreme to have the d/p cut and flanged, and its all done.[/IMG]

jdmawd,

How's it running? Give us details.

Originally posted by dsm1kenobe
jdmawd,

How's it running? Give us details.

Once I got everything ready to go I discovered that my IRC aluminum rad sprung a leak. so I had to replace it with a Fluidyne. I intended on installing it today but the car is sitting under 5" of snow:mad:

You won't be disappointed with the Fluidyne, that bi*** cools.

As for the snow, I know how you are feeling. I am installing my T66 right now and its -6*C, which sucks balls!

After reading this whole thread, I must say nice setup JDMAWD but also nice car.

But I want to see this finished. Look at this way.. once you get that monster on there and do a little ass dyno tuneing.. find a parking lot with some snow still on it and well you know where im going with this.:thumb:

Originally posted by RipperXX
After reading this whole thread, I must say nice setup JDMAWD but also nice car.

But I want to see this finished. Look at this way.. once you get that monster on there and do a little ass dyno tuneing.. find a parking lot with some snow still on it and well you know where im going with this.:thumb:

Its very unfortunate that the day the last few parts arrive (new rad Buschur COP ignition, and fan brackets) it decides to snow 5 inches:mad:. I might go out in my snow boots and winter gloves and finish this thing up anyway.

Come on, JDM, Take one for the team! :p

NICE looking setup.

Originally posted by RipperXX
Just think of this.. Once you get it done you can hop in start her up and crank up that heater! :thumb:

Thats true, however the down pipe still has to be cut and welded. With a Vband once i finish up the radiator and ignition install.

Id like to comment on the oil drain line. Because I have seen a few and actually made a few. This steel braided oil return is the best $50 I have ever spent and its huge high quality and very well made.
This "very well made" part is longer sold because it leaks. ;)

Just so you guys know, the Tial 40 has been discontinued so the FP 30's now use a Tial 44mm watsegate.

Here are pictures of my FP 3052 assembled off the car with the 44mm Tial WG and exhaust attached. It arrived 12/3/03.
http://people.clemson.edu/~jamesj/Pictures/FP3052/

... I intended on installing it today but the car is sitting under 5" of snow:mad: ...
With as nice a car as you have, why the hell is it sitting outside? I'd have it sitting in a heated airtight case inside a vault with guards outside.

Originally posted by irn__man
What was the cost of the ne Tial 44mm Wastegate?
My invioce says, "40mm TiAL WG, will substitue a 44mm gate in place" $349

Originally posted by candela
YOU CAN DO IT :D

:p

you talked me into it, and Its cold as HELL outside. Notice the snow in the engine bay top left:mad:

351motor_finished550x.JPG

So what made you decide to go with the COP ignition? Is there that much benefit over stock? I know its pretty pricey.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back