The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

FP3052 Pictures and impressions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am a new 3052 Owner as well. I have been surprised at the remarkable customer service from Forced Performance. Also, The inlet on my Turbine looks great. The thing is as smooth as glass inside.
Robert and Corey at FP have been polite and have gone out of their way to make my experience a good one. I have no regrets.

Here is linke to a number of pictures of my own turbo:
Sleepr's 3052

I'm happy to answer any questions.

Tell us about the overall performance of the 3055 and 3052. Everything you see a perk about it performance wise and any other. I want to hear as much good stuff about this turbo as I can to get me motivated to buy it faster ;)

Just a couple things I felt would be important to add regarding the install. I did a dry fit to see how I would need to route water lines. to also check for water pipe clearance. The lower water neck was my main interest. Since this turbo has a much larger compressor housing then all of my past turbos .50 A/R housing on the 50 trims vs .60 a/r of this turbo. I have been using a Hahn .500 manifold spacer plate to clear the lower water neck and main water pipe in the past. Even using the spacer plate there was less then 1 mm of clearance between the compressor housing and the water pipe. specifically the lower water neck. (2G's don't have the lower water neck issues)

The FP3052 Fit perfectly with no spacer plate. No denting of the water pipe and the compressor housing did not need to be rotated. I have never seen any turbo fit this perfectly. obviously im not insinuating compared to a completely stock turbo setup. There is just simply room for everything without modification. The braided oil return line fits perfectly. The dump tube does not interfere with intercooler pipe routing from the turbo to the core.(this was a concern i had also)

If anyone has had to hack the stock coolant supply and return line. In the past for other turbos. Conicelli Mitsubishi has all that stuff in stock and I received them the next day. I have to get a set of stock length manifold studs since I have no need for the long arp hardware or spacer plate any longer.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Originally posted by jdmawd

The FP3052 Fit perfectly with no spacer plate. No denting of the water pipe and the compressor housing did not need to be rotated. I have never seen any turbo fit this perfectly. obviously im not insinuating compared to a completely stock turbo setup. There is just simply room for everything without modification.

The turbine housing was designed to work that way- large compressor covers fit w/o hassles, and the entire package (WG etc.) is as compact, light, and as out of the way as possible.

The new generation TiAl v-band wastegates will reduce weight and package size even further.

I just want to second how well the turbo fit in the car, with about 1 mm clearance to the water pipe, and 1 or 2 mm between the external waste gate and the bolt that holds the power steering bracket on. The kit is a work of art.

I have to get a set of stock length manifold studs since I have no need for the long arp hardware or spacer plate any longer.

We offer manifold to head stud and nut kits for $18.00, either 1G or 2G. Hardened exhaust-spec studs with flanged copper coated locknuts. If I remember right they are BMW or Mercedes OEM. They are slightly longer than stock, and thread into the head 2-3 more threads to keep you non torque wrench using 'roid rage types from having problems ;)

Originally posted by GrocMax
We offer manifold to head stud and nut kits for $18.00, either 1G or 2G. Hardened exhaust-spec studs with flanged copper coated locknuts. If I remember right they are BMW or Mercedes OEM.

are you open on saturday? ill get that stuff now. got to gey this thing finished asap its starting to get cold here.

are you open on saturday? ill get that stuff now. got to gey this thing finished asap its starting to get cold here.

No, but the online system is 24/7. Orders processed on the weekend get filled first thing monday AM.

Hey I knew there was a reason not to hack up the stock coolant line! haha j/k :thumb:

Hope to see it running soon JDMAWD.

God damn thats the sexiest turbo setup i have ever seen. That shit is out of hand.OMG id rock that with the hood off:p

JDM, awesome looking man. But, please, stop spreading bad info. Your PTE 50trim uses a .60 a/r compressor housing. Your Mutt used a .60 a/r compressor housing. This is the same universal cover, used on countless combos. The FP cover incorprates the surge ports(which you thaught were for decoration:laugh: ), but, in the end, it s the good old Garrett TO4E housing. The TO4S housing, is .70 a/r. See, info is good. Confirmes you actually know something:thumb:

Originally posted by GSX4LIFE
JDM, awesome looking man. But, please, stop spreading bad info. Your PTE 50trim uses a .60 a/r compressor housing. Your Mutt used a .60 a/r compressor housing. This is the same universal cover, used on countless combos. The FP cover incorprates the surge ports(which you thaught were for decoration:laugh: ), but, in the end, it s the good old Garrett TO4E housing. The TO4S housing, is .70 a/r. See, info is good. Confirmes you actually know something:thumb:

please, stop spreading bad info. Your PTE 50trim uses a .60 a/r compressor housing.

Sorry my pte 50 trim has a .50 a/r stamp right on the housing.

The FP cover incorprates the surge ports(which you thaught were for decoration

Originally posted by DSMJim .

I like the turbo, the inlet is a little strange with the four cut outs around the wheel which is only cosmetic.

You seriously should seek mental help. You appear to be delusional, or your reading is as horrible as your spelling. you also spelled thought wrong. Which furthers one of my many points about you.

you actually know something:thumb:

meet me at the track.

Originally posted by GrocMax
The turbine housing was designed to work that way- large compressor covers fit w/o hassles, and the entire package (WG etc.) is as compact, light, and as out of the way as possible.

The new generation TiAl v-band wastegates will reduce weight and package size even further.

Any idea when the new gates will be available?

That's the sexiest setup I've ever seen. I also would rock that shit w/o the hood on...just say it's for cooling issues. I can't wait for you to get it on the street. I'm interested to see where it spools, what boost you run, etc.

Good luck with it,
Jake

Looking good :) I take it all the tracks are closed up there or will be by the time you will have everything setup?

Originally posted by Violater101
Looking good :) I take it all the tracks are closed up there or will be by the time you will have everything setup?

We have one track that's open until February. The only thing holding me up is manifold studs which i odered from Forced performance yesterday. After that the vband has to be welded to the down pipe.

Are you FP3052 owners running your oil feed line from the head? I am not an oil feed expert so please tell me why you take it from there and why. I have read from the FP website that the best place for oil feed is from the oil filter housing, due to the more constant and higher oil pressure. They do mention that some Garrett center sections require oil feed from the head due to some sort of radical bearing design of some type.

BTW, the 3052 is not a turbo, it is a work of art. Don't waste it on your car, it is fleeting, bury it ( and tell me where ) so that future generations can dig it up and admire its beauty.

:p

LoL. I agree on about the turbo being a work of art.

FP is running the oil feed from the cylinder head. I don't know if they were initially. Someone somewhere said that the ball bearing GT cartridge needs allot LESS pressure then the filter housing provided.
In fact, FP sent me an oil feed bolt (the one that goes in the head) with more oil restriction than the stock bolt.

Why are you guys having this minor issue with the water lines?

I picked from an assortment of T-25 lines and they come out on top fairly nicely. No bending neeeded.

I have two pictures that shows it coming out from front and rear banjo bolt.

rear water line

front water line

Other than that I had to reshape the oil dip stick a bit and my dump tube is directly in front of my turbo outlet elbow (which I'm working on to correct). I think fitment is great.

thats what i did ordered them from conicelli(sp) like $34 with the banjo bolts and copper washers. i was going to do AN line and fittings but why bother.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back