The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

FP3052 Pictures and impressions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Even though I am sure it won't affect anything, the inlet on the exhaust housing looks a little mis-shaped. Its not round at all and very irregular...maybe the irregularities are for flow or maybe they were tired when they ported it. Anyways, that's a great turbo and you should be very happy with that set-up. I am going to "perfect" my tuning over the next year with my lowly ported EVO III 16g! Good luck with everything!

Originally posted by Dannyboy1201
Well Ive only had it on my car for about 3-4 months and its already cracking off. The color kind of turned on me too. It looked really good for the first month or so. I think for 150.00 its not worth it. When I get settled in here in California Im going to send AGP an email about it.

well thats not good, is it a HPcoating or was it done by jet hot?

Originally posted by 90AWDRaleigh
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

maybe they were tired when they ported it.

there is no porting done to the turbine housing.

JDM, I sent my valve cover and exh. manifold out to JetHot and am very pleased w/ how they turned out, 8 months and no problems. It does not come up very shiny more a light gray color. If you want the bling factor I'd suggest HPC Coatings. Good Luck and awesome turbo!!

~B

Even though I am sure it won't affect anything, the inlet on the exhaust housing looks a little mis-shaped. Its not round at all and very irregular...maybe the irregularities are for flow or maybe they were tired when they ported it. Anyways, that's a great turbo and you should be very happy with that set-up. I am going to "perfect" my tuning over the next year with my lowly ported EVO III 16g! Good luck with everything! [/B]

It would affect it if it were actually out of round. What you are seeing is the deburring done by the machinist after CNC operations are complete. These housing do not require any porting, they are cast with a perfect 60mm round inlet, this is the final dimension. Just the rough edge is removed after machining with a deburring tool, since it's shiny it looks bigger than it really is.

JDMWawd is about the most critical person I've seen and he's got it in his hand. I bet he says it looks round.

Originally posted by GrocMax

JDMWawd is about the most critical person I've seen and he's got it in his hand. I bet he says it looks round.

Anybody who says that's round needs their eyes examined. Like I said before, I am sure it will not affect the performance though.

Anybody who says that's round needs their eyes examined.

Well, in that case, anyone who doesn't have one in their hand looking at it, and says the entry isn't round, judgement based on the reflected edge of the deburring on an internet picture, needs their head examined. Fair enough? :p

Originally posted by 1PHAT99
JDM, I sent my valve cover and exh. manifold out to JetHot and am very pleased w/ how they turned out, 8 months and no problems. It does not come up very shiny more a light gray color. If you want the bling factor I'd suggest HPC Coatings. Good Luck and awesome turbo!!

~B

Thanks for the insight bro. What coating did you get? they offered me a couple i went with the 2400* black.

Originally posted by GrocMax

As GrocMax mentioned, the lip of the flange has been deburred. Its as simple as that, the throat of this turbine housing is flawless. I have the turbo in my hands and I fondle it often.

The Craftsmanship of this turbo is unreal and I have owned a few. None compare to what came out of the boxes I have received from Forced performance. That's all I have to say about it. I have a REAL turbo from a REAL turbo shop now.

I should have saved the 3K i have spent on off brand turbos shops and purchased a turbo from Forced performance from day 1. I was wrong in the past, a Man admits his mistakes and motors forward.

Just want to add that after playing tag with the ups guy. I received the last parts of all my orders that are relevant to this turbo. In the last 11 days I have placed 3 different orders with forced performance and all of them arrived within 3 after the order was placed.

The 02 housing and dump tube are beautiful. I have a mustang shop that handles my exhaust work. when I took the o2 housing up there to send out for ceramic coating. The mechanics literally stopped work to gather around and gaze at the craftsmanship of Brains welds and the construction of the 02 housing and dump tube.

I am a very happy camper.:)

Now that you have all the parts to install it, I dont want to read another post on this board from you until it is on your car and the car is running. Every minute spent on this board is a minute you could be installing the turbo. :laugh: Hopefully this REAL turbo from a REAL turbo company will make your car magically fast :confused: Good luck.

Originally posted by TwoLiterV8Eater
Now that you have all the parts to install it, I dont want to read another post on this board from you

Put me on your ignore list.

:laugh: Hopefully this REAL turbo from a REAL turbo company will make your car magically fast

Time will tell.

Happy boosting.

Can I ask in what ways this turbo is compared to the FP3055 (which I plan on purchasing). jdmawd, what made you decide to choose the 3052 over the 3055?

Originally posted by Dieselboy
Can I ask in what ways this turbo is compared to the FP3055 (which I plan on purchasing). jdmawd, what made you decide to choose the 3052 over the 3055?

For my needs the 55 and 65 are just a little big for a car that spends 99% of the time on low octane fuels and at low boost levels. The 65 is simply huge, i dont plan to spend that much time at 30 psi and on leaded gas.

I could be wrong but I beleive FP ditched the 55 in favor of the 52 due to very similar top end power with less lag for the FP3052.

Since the smaller turbo spools up so fast, we wanted the antisurge ports in it's Compressor housing just like the FP3065 has. The ports are what make it a little more $$.

Plus the 37 CW is a newer generation wheel, and everybody wants the newest stuff possible right?

Most of the FP3055 customers we primarily street, so the 55lb/min rating was a little more than they needed. The 52 lb/min fits a little bit better.

Originally posted by ChicagoGSX
Is this turbo efficient at 18-20 PSI? I would be using it on the street mostly which is why I'm considering a Green as well. How does this turbo perform on the street and on pumpgas?

Good question. And Robert, how long are you guys keeping the 3052 on the current sale price???

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back