The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

FP Green?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well it's clearly not a MHI TD06H turbine, unless my count is wrong, the turbine in the picture of the FP Green above counts 11 fins, and the MHI counts 12.

The turbine wheel looks like a GT series wheel with the swept back blades. I could have sworn i saw this on some other Chinese knock off MHI turbo. I want to say it was a TD06H size from what i remember.

i'm not planing on taking this turbo apart because if something happens to it i don't want fp to be telling me that the warranty was void because i took it apart or some bs like that.:|
That's fine, I don't expect you to put an expensive item on the line for warranty like that.
What exactly do you want measured justin?
I wanted to know if the inducer / exducer was the same as a MHI TD06H seeing as no TD06H turbine could ever fit behind an Evo III-style turbine housing unless the housing was cast specially for the larger turbine wheel.

I had been using FP turbocharger in all my cars and never had a problem, i know the wheel is not a tdo6h but all i ask for this turbo is the 54lbs/min and a little of reliable enough boost 28-30psi. I'll post results when i put it on.

This is a seriously hot topic about a company and its products!
Why is it that they posted in the begining with no real info on what was asked, and now when the topic gets really hot they are no where to be found on here??
Im curious to see where FP stands in all this because i will be in the market for a new turbo soon and they were the first company on my list to look into! Im having second thoughts now!
If they can't even defend themself on issue so serious like this, what makes you think i want to trust them in business!?
I was looking to get the 68hta, but im wondering now!!

im also looking for pictures of the turbine wheel for the 68hta and cant find anything.. they say its the tdo5h housing bored and ported out to fit the wheel i has meaningthe housings are MHI right? What about the inducer wheel, the exducer wheel, and the whol center section?? i was reading a thread about the 68hta just a minute ago and the question was asked but wasn't answered!

It doesn't look like that turbine in the link you provided.
Right...I really think it looks like a smaller version of a HX40 turbine; which is a good thing- we know the HX40 turbine flows a TON of air. ;)

Compare blade shape:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I was looking to get the 68hta, but im wondering now!!
The 68HTA is still a 100% authentic Mitsubishi turbo with an aftermarket billet compressor wheel. Don't let anything said about the FP Green steer you away from the 68HTA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly the 68hta is still one hell of a turbo. The only things, as far as i have read into, that fp is under fire for is the fp green because of the whole 18g fiasco that underwent prior to them redesigning the green. From almost everyone I have talked to about the 68 hta, wheather on a dsm or scooby, they have nothing but praise for that turbo, and it is still number one on my list when I have the coin to upgrade fwiw.

Yeah it's still great so don't let this thread make you think all of their products are crap or anything. It's not even saying the new green is a bad product, we are just unsure of the materials used and the reliability/durability of it over the old green because of the non-mhi parts that appear to being used in it. And hopefully with Kevin manning up and getting the new green, we can find out many of the questions/concerns we have about the new green. Keep us updated with the turbo after you get it thrown on Kevin.

Right...I really think it looks like a smaller version of a HX40 turbine; which is a good thing- we know the HX40 turbine flows a TON of air. ;)

Compare blade shape:

The 68HTA is still a 100% authentic Mitsubishi turbo with an aftermarket billet compressor wheel. Don't let anything said about the FP Green steer you away from the 68HTA.

Exactly Justin, just with one blade difference, I don't think fp would use low quality parts, they might use Chinese, Taiwanese or whatever country but im not gonna judge them till i use this turbo and see how much it last and how it behaves.

If nobody take apart one when the warranty ends i'll do it with no problem. :thumb:

That turbine wheel looked familiar... so I went out in my garage...

FP HTA3076r

Thoughts?

10 blades/fins......seriously guys learn to count the blades on the turbine first, then worry about there shape.

MHI = 12
FP GEEN = 11
FP HTA3076r = 10

There all different turbines.

FP does not use CHEAP EBAY PARTS.

They have outsourced MFGing of some of their wheels to places in taiwan for casting. They maintain very strict material standards, it's just more cost effective over seas at the moment.

this is why are economy is in the pits, put Americans to work, build and mfg in American!

That turbine wheel looked familiar... so I went out in my garage...

FP HTA3076r

Thoughts?
Not even close, really.

The 30R & 35R turbines have much more of a "sweep" to the blades than even the new FP Green's turbine, as well as having more space between due to there only being (10) blades. The blades are also deeper than a standard Mitsu turbine.

Last edited by a moderator:
The turbine looks like this. Turbo Turbine wheel Mitsubishi TD06H 20G turbocharger - eBay (item 320543830786 end time Mar-02-11 04:57:45 PST)

The real td06h turbines have 12 blades anyway. Not saying it's china garbage, and it will not last, but it's not a mhi turbine, or turbine housing. It is an evo3 style housing, but there wasn't ever a lip in the inlet. it was cast pre ported.

I am almost positive this is the wheel. I have seen it before; It is a TD06H wheel with swept back low pressure blades and 1 less blade.

I have the old FP Green I dunno if you guys want to see some pics I took of it when I got it back from FP after they rebuilt it back in like 2006 but I figure it couldn't hurt. It's still sitting in my room in the very plastic bag it came in from FP. I finally am getting around to getting my DSM running again :D

Does this mean I have a good FP green (despite lacking the HTA comp?)

:dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back