The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

FP 68HTA vs FP GREEN

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archer Fabrications

10+ Year Contributor
May 9, 2011
Scottsdale, Arizona
well, i was going to have a sweet deal of trading my stock 7 bolt long block and $400 cash on my end for an FP red with custom o2 housing, tial 38mm + dump tube. but it looks like he might have bailed on me. so since i cant seem to find another setup for that kind of deal, looking at the green and 68HTA, i was origionally going to go with an evo3 16g for my origional build until this red came along, but now i got all the supporting mods for the red.. and no red. the 68HTA seems to be a quick spool and enough power for a DD street car, which is what im aiming for, with some trackdays to fit in. but the FP green just seems like a better option for the money, its about $300 more then the 68HTA.

what i wanna know is, what do you guys think about both of these turbos?

what kind of spool do you get @ what RPM vs the other? how much boost is safe on each? how much HP are you netting with it? both these turbos have people in the 11s... my profile has my current mod list.

From my understanding, they do flow similar (both in the upper 40s lbs/min), but the HTA68 will spool much quicker and hit harder because the HTA uses the TD05 wheel and the Green uses the TD06. The Green probably will have better top end and may make power more easily.

The exeption is the new Green which is rated at 54 lbs/min which is quite a bit more than the 47 lbs/min of the HTA68.

That FP Red looks great, but it's going to make much more power and be much more laggy than a Green, let alone a HTA68.

That FP Red looks great, but it's going to make much more power and be much more laggy than a Green, let alone a HTA68.

it wont be too bad, the spool up ill be making enough power, until i get my ass kicked by the top end. just looking for a step down because i cant afford a red on its own. i do like the green alot how ever, but i need comparisons.

You'll be pushing that hta to it's limits if you are really trying to hit 10's your better off with a green or red so you will have a little extra room to work with. The hta will get you to the 10s but maybe lower 10s with a green or red. A green or red will give you a little extra power at the top end also. If you are like me I dont race my car at the track very much just because I dont want to blow my tranny but I love to race on the highway and that is where top end power comes into play. Just my 2 cents

You'll be pushing that hta to it's limits if you are really trying to hit 10's your better off with a green or red so you will have a little extra room to work with. The hta will get you to the 10s but maybe lower 10s with a green or red. A green or red will give you a little extra power at the top end also. If you are like me I dont race my car at the track very much just because I dont want to blow my tranny but I love to race on the highway and that is where top end power comes into play. Just my 2 cents

true say, i dont really need 10s just deep in the 11s, i wanna hear from a few people that have either of these turbos for a comparison. or maybe even someone who has ran both?

Well i have the Green right now at 502awhp on a conservative tune at 28 psi, going for a retune next week to max it out hoping for 540awhp. About the lag the hta fp green it is just like 200rpm slower which is nothing. i swapped an fp68hta for this one becuase my goal is 10.99 on no less than 2700 race weight.

Everyone in my area has owned a bunch of green's and red's, some of them are running hta68's now and they love them. One guy i believe won at last years Buschur event with a hta68 running e85.

If it was me I would just go with a green or red. i've sat in both cars and they haul ass. Green will get you 11s, maybe 10's. A red will get you 10s for sure. Hta honestly I cant say but you will be maxing that thing out if you try.

tuning for pump gas 92oct ive got 1000cc injectors and i dont wanna throw away the potential for those either. the 68HTA sounds really good but so does the green, from my mods listed what do you guys think i should go with? at the moment id probably stick with internally gated unless i can find a setup like the picture above.

You can't even compare both, the green is in a completely different category than the 68HTA. You want a 16g get a 68HTA, you want a 50 trim get a Green. These threads get old, I don't know how these threads never get closed when they have been answered THOUSANDS of times.. :ohdamn:

You can't even compare both, the green is in a completely different category than the 68HTA. You want a 16g get a 68HTA, you want a 50 trim get a Green. These threads get old, I don't know how these threads never get closed when they have been answered THOUSANDS of times.. :ohdamn:
Actually the 68HTA compressor and the T04E50 used on the old-school DSM Green are rated at nearly the same airflow; the HTA Green is rated a tiny bit higher, but it's definitely the "next step" upward in the Forced Performance DSM lineup.

Actually the 68HTA compressor and the T04E50 used on the old-school DSM Green are rated at nearly the same airflow; the HTA Green is rated a tiny bit higher, but it's definitely the "next step" upward in the Forced Performance DSM lineup.

yes you can compare both.... jusmx is right. and i have done my research they flow almost the same amount of air, but the green is close, i know this is the next step up from the 68HTA and i know that the 68HTA is in the "16g" category but if you have done your research about the 68HTA it flows like a 18/20g. but both of these turbos are in a similar price range as well which makes BOTH turbos in my budget. so there is plenty reason to compare. plus there was NO comparison for the 68HTA and the FP green... there were comparisons of each turbo with a different turbo, but not these two specifically.

thanks jusmx, just my thoughts exactally

dsmdeliveryboy, if you wanna troll go on someone elses thread or go home.

Your all forgetting the biggest part of the Green. It runs a td06h turbine, witch will flow quite a bite more in the same housing as the td05h that the 68 has. So theoretically the green should make more power per psi...

I'm in the same boat as the OP.
I think I've read every thread pertaining to both of the turbos. And so far I've been leaning towards the Green. I'll be watching this more closely :thumb:

Your all forgetting the biggest part of the Green. It runs a td06h turbine, witch will flow quite a bite more in the same housing as the td05h that the 68 has. So theoretically the green should make more power per psi...

said this in the post with the Pic of the FP red. LOL

I'm in the same boat as the OP.
I think I've read every thread pertaining to both of the turbos. And so far I've been leaning towards the Green. I'll be watching this more closely :thumb:

yeah i agree the green sounds good, although both my builders are advising me no smaller then a 30R and would like to get me a 35R but they dont listen to me when i say i have lots of twisty roads where i live and i will probably not go to the track too much... i think if i dont get this FP red from this guy ill get a green and run meth with it.

said this in the post with the Pic of the FP red. LOL

yeah i agree the green sounds good, although both my builders are advising me no smaller then a 30R and would like to get me a 35R but they dont listen to me when i say i have lots of twisty roads where i live and i will probably not go to the track too much... i think if i dont get this FP red from this guy ill get a green and run meth with it.

I wouldn't even bother with the red. noslo2pto on here went mid 11's at 124 on pump gas and an AFC on the old school green.

step up to E85, and put it in the 10's with a green!

I wouldn't even bother with the red. noslo2pto on here went mid 11's at 124 on pump gas and an AFC on the old school green.

step up to E85, and put it in the 10's with a green!

the same guy with the red has an old frank 5 green... so thats a possibility for cheaper. has a blown compressor wheel though.. only downside.. but hey could be cheaper!:sneaky:

anyone know at what RPM the green hits full boost? im looking or hoping for something that hits full boost at around 4k... cause ive actually heard that the green is one of those weird inbetween turbos for subarus LOL on a 2.0 ive heard thaat the 68HTA will be quicker but the RED would be all around better.. or even the 35R

Again, I'm sort of in the same boat. I don't plan on tracking much, so I want something fun for the streets. I know the HTA68 is quicker to spool, but not much, but I know the Green is a robust turbo that will take a lot of abuse. I also don't want to be pushing the HTA68 to its limits just to make the 450ish whp I plan to make. Decisions, decisions:hmm:

Go Fp green. 100awhp more than the 68hta. This is coming from someone that used both.

kidtsi, at what point does the green really come alive? 20psi? 25psi? 30psi?

In my logs running the HTA68 at 28psi.

Full boost (28psi) by 4200rpm and 24psi by 7500rpm.
437 awhp, 387 ft/lbs-tq​
I get compressor surge at anything above 26psi and the turbo is maxed out, theres no way to squeeze another 60whp out of this snail. If you're looking for 500awhp and don't care about keeping it stock looking get the FP Green because you'll meet your goal, the HTA68 won't get you there. It doesn't seem you sacrifice spool time either, consider this guys log running the FP Green compared to mine on the HTA68.
HTA68
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

HTA Green
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

:dsm:

Last edited by a moderator:
the 68hta will probably not hold to redline because its a smaller compressor housing and will top out at an earlier RPM... ive just been advised against the green because i might as well get a 30/35R LOL.... damnit i dont know what to do... i want quick spool, holding to redline, and not alot of lag, although i do have dsmlink with antilag and launch control... hummm... decisions decisions indeed...

yes you can compare both.... jusmx is right. and i have done my research they flow almost the same amount of air, but the green is close, i know this is the next step up from the 68HTA and i know that the 68HTA is in the "16g" category but if you have done your research about the 68HTA it flows like a 18/20g. but both of these turbos are in a similar price range as well which makes BOTH turbos in my budget. so there is plenty reason to compare. plus there was NO comparison for the 68HTA and the FP green... there were comparisons of each turbo with a different turbo, but not these two specifically.

thanks jusmx, just my thoughts exactally

dsmdeliveryboy, if you wanna troll go on someone elses thread or go home.

They cannot be compared as someone in another post says because the 68 is a td05 and the green is a td06 and the exhaust housings are not the same size. You can't take results because every car is gonna be different due to different mods etc. And don't get your panties in a bunch, go urban smoke and chill out. Don't post stupid threads and you won't get replies you don't like. :toobad:

Also learn how to spell and punctuate correctly like the site rules say.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back