The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Fp 68hta

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blowinsmoke95

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 24, 2009
Roundtown, Ohio
ok, just bought a 2ga talon awd that is equipped with this turbo, what kind of boost pressures can i run safely with this turbo? the reason i ask is because every once in a while it creeps to around 12-13 and i just dont wanna blow this car up seeing as its my dd.... and proof would be great NO SPECULATION or "oh i think this or that should be okay".... thanks

BTW: car is completely factory except gutted exhaust w/ canister muffler... and of course this turbo

If the car is stock except that turbo then I would prob keep it at or under the 12psi. I would look for an exhaust system atleast cat back for now if anything. Any turbo needs to breath. Then go get a new pump and look on the classifieds for some injectors and a fuel pressure regulator then your ready for more boost. If you really want to go 20+psi I suggest a good head gasket and ARP's.

If you plan on keeping the car stockish then like stated above keep in under ~12psi since your fuel system in stock form will almost be tapped out. If you plan to upgrade and up the boost follow the upgrade path and do some reasearch.

i wouldnt go more than 12psi on stock fuel, what kind of gains did you feel if any over your previous turbo setup? Im looking at getting this turbo also

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back