The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Fastest A/T DSM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vaboys2ndgen said:
what stall converter are you using to have it set at 5500rpm.

i know for myself i dont think i'll ever need one that high 3500 should be plenty i would think

Judging by Gilz times, he is running a pretty big turbo that doesn't come to life until past 4000, and to launch on boost needs to be over 5000.

Launching at 3500 rpm is only useful for stock and modest upgrade turbos.

i wish i could stall to 3500rpm LOL. i can hold on the stock converter til about 3200... on the 14b and tonite that was only 10psi. i did turn the boost down so i'll set it at 17psi and see what i can launch it at. kinda disappointed in 10psi launch LOL

AMS stampy said:
Just wondering who is the current record hold and a little info about the car ie:

what turbo?
with or without N2O
Etc

Thanks guys. I did a search and couldnt find anything.

Eric

Just for information, Frank and Serge run a best time of [email protected], back with 9.04 and 9.24, Mitsubishi Mirage.

http://summitdrag.dyndns.org/

Al

Frank's car runs Methanol, not ordinary methanol injection. Big difference :)

AMS stampy said:
I knew it was a low 9 sec pass I had to cut to be a contender. Its awesome that we have so many guys at this level.

I am in very good company, record or no record it going to be one hell of a season

Here are some pics of my setup right now.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

:( those were good pics

Anything new in the Auto world? Any body have pics of their new set-ups?

The season is starting pretty soon. I hope the AT's are well represented this year:rocks:

Shootin to be the fastest this year, no nitrous, no methanol. IPT FTW!!!

Wow, talk about year of the Auto. Its Crazy how many are going automatic.

Eric

HAH!! -I remember back in 97 when I picked up my 1g "slush-box"... Everyone was dogging my A/T... This year, I'm going to make them eat those words!

(once I get everything back together again, that is)

About those flexplates..

IIRC Keven, weren't you running x2 OEMs with longer TC bolts while the rumored upgraded flexplates were still in developement? I have been experimenting with using a set of longer M/T crank bolts with two OEM flexplates, but what did you do for a crank spacer bushing?

BTW,
Anyone have any news on those upgraded flexplates? -I'd love to give that IPT-built trans some of the love it deserves without insulting it with x2 OEM flexplates again :toobad:

Sweet setup, what are you running? I like the battery relocation.

Shootin to be the fastest this year, no nitrous, no methanol. IPT FTW!!!

Im runnin a ams 42r kit on a ams 2.3l motor with a fully built IPT trans. Im actually in the process of moving the battery because I need to make room for 3" Intercooler piping and a intake pipe with filter.

As for a flex plate I am running 2 oem plates with longer bolts that are actually tack welded in place. So far so good.

Shootin to be the fastest this year, no nitrous, no methanol.

Good luck with that :)

Current record is 9.612, and if I have any luck at all starting this season, it will be A LOT quicker soon.

Nice car, BTW.

Kevin

Im runnin a ams 42r kit on a ams 2.3l motor with a fully built IPT trans. Im actually in the process of moving the battery because I need to make room for 3" Intercooler piping and a intake pipe with filter.

As for a flex plate I am running 2 oem plates with longer bolts that are actually tack welded in place. So far so good.

How long have you driven the car like this? Is their a problem with the extra space provided from the two plates?

Ive put about 100 miles on it so far, as of right now the car is far from a daily driver and still has to get tuned but as of now I have had 0 problems with the 2 plates, just make sure you use the correct length bolts and also dont use that little extra plate that goes on top of the flexplate.

Just out of curiosity, at what point is the double-stacked OEM plate necessary? Obviously you've got a LOT of power, and launch a bit harder than I do.

Just out of curiosity, at what point is the double-stacked OEM plate necessary? Obviously you've got a LOT of power, and launch a bit harder than I do.

I am still using the single oem plate, as long as the bolts are kept very tight I have had no problems with many 9 sec passes and 1.4 60ft times on the same plate. The car should be up and running again this next week, hoping for some low 9's soon.

Good luck with that :)

Current record is 9.612, and if I have any luck at all starting this season, it will be A LOT quicker soon.

Nice car, BTW.

Kevin

I'm glad your sticking with the auto. It gives us somebody to cheer for :thumb:
Have you heard from Russ at all? Was he able to sell his racecar?

It is easier to keep the bolts tight with the stacked flexplate setup. A single flexplate won't break it the bolts are tight. As soon as they go slack though, it beats it to death. With 2 flexplates, the bolts have more stretch, which is why they are easier to keep tight.

What beats up on the bolts/flexplate the most is sitting the car on the 2-step and the torque reversals as cylinders are turned on and off. But, a 2-step is the easiest way to set up the car to launch strong and consistent.

Russ' car was sold a long time ago and has a dogbox in it now.

Good luck with it Jason, we need a few AT's in the 8's this season!

Kevin

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back