The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Fastest A/T DSM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billios996 said:
Indeed. The top 5 overall already has 3 AT cars in the list. :rocks:
Is Extreme using a regular DSM AT, or are they doing a rwd setup?

We are using a 1g AWD auto tranny. We have some parts in it that we are doing some R&D on. It should be together and running for MIR next weekend. There will be some good battles for the title of fastest auto DSM and even fastest DSM this year.

Wow, talk about year of the Auto. Its Crazy how many are going automatic.

Eric

hmm I cant load up my timeslip into the database. Looks like I dont have access. Any veterans on here that can lend a hand?

Eric

1993eclipseGS said:
You keep that car CLEAN!!!!!!

Nah, he needs fresh paint on the firewall like this:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Kevin

Attachments

• 100_1614_small.jpg
    100_1614_small.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 3,024
That looks like one of our original intake manifolds.

Yeah, she needs a paint all around. im really anal about little chips.

Car looks good Kevin, one day ill nut up and just turn mine into a track only car. I like driving it on the street too much right now.

Eric

Nate at DS Motorsports is rebuilding his shop car with an AT. Should be a fun season:rocks:

Are you guys running stock flexplates or upgraded? If they are upgraded where did you get them at? Nice setups guys! Can't wait to see what the autos can do this year! Trying to get mine back together right now, but I will leave the single digits to you guys! Shooting for low 10's with my scm61 and a little n2o!

AMS stampy said:
Before the car got switched to Automatic it made 620 to the wheels on a FWD Dynojet. It was a T4 GT35R with a 2.3 stroker motor. I then switched to Auto but never dynoed it. On the big stall I had in there it just recently Dynoed just over 700 to the wheels with the auto tranny to all four wheels. I have an IPT built transmission 9.5" converter with a 5000 stall and an IPT Shift box. It was an awesome setup, I just have to put a different converter now that is better matched to the GT42R. John is sending me the one Lee is running and I think that might just get me where I want to go. The car should put down to all four around 750-775. with that im looking for a low 9 pass in my full weight 94

Eric

holy shit eric. i have plans on building a 2.3L gt35r setup on my 2g gsx when i get back from iraq. 700whp is way more than i was thinking of making though but damn. hmm alot of tuning involved there i bet. still pretty new to dsms but the power thats makable with 'em is unreal:thumb:

vaboys2ndgen said:
holy shit eric. i have plans on building a 2.3L gt35r setup on my 2g gsx when i get back from iraq. 700whp is way more than i was thinking of making though but damn. hmm alot of tuning involved there i bet. still pretty new to dsms but the power thats makable with 'em is unreal:thumb:

Sorry that post is a little decieving. I am on A GT42R now.

Eric

I plan to use DSMLink for mine, I don't think AEM EMS would be practical for me, but in a full race situation, EMS would be the way to go

dsmlink here too, but I am only shooting for mid 10's.

My Shifting is controlled Via an IPT shift box. You can get AEM to control the shifting but its a bit of wiring.

Eric

I was told that just plugging the AEM in will fry the unit, because there is voltage at one of the wires in an auto tranny vehicle that doesn't have voltage in the manual transmission vehicles.

not sure about that. My car used to be a 5 speed. I converted it to Auto. It has a 5speed engine harness and computer.

Eric

GVR4592 said:
I was told that just plugging the AEM in will fry the unit, because there is voltage at one of the wires in an auto tranny vehicle that doesn't have voltage in the manual transmission vehicles.

Yes it will. You have to cut one of the pins, I forget off hand which one it is. You can find it on AEM Forums. On the 5 speed its a ground and on the auto its a power wire or something like that.

I can't wait for my auto be done. Its sporting a pt67 dual bb, fully built 2.0 motor and head, big stall, no nitrous, an AEM EMS and a few other things.

Hoping for 9.5s out of it. we shall see. its all done waiting on initial tuning of the aem before i swap the race motor in it.

edit- all in a 91 auto awd. not the fwd i used to have.

Anybody have any tips on getting the car tuned to stall up quicker? Mine doesn't want to stall up at all. It "sticks" at 3k-3.5k rpms and its a 5.5k stall.

what stall converter are you using to have it set at 5500rpm.

i know for myself i dont think i'll ever need one that high 3500 should be plenty i would think

IPT Billet converter. At 3500 rpms I have 4 lbs of boost, not quite enough to launch with. I can launch fine on the bottle, but I don't want to have to rely on the bottle for launching.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back