The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Fastest A/T DSM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMS stampy

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 21, 2003
Just wondering who is the current record hold and a little info about the car ie:

what turbo?
with or without N2O
Etc

Thanks guys. I did a search and couldnt find anything.

Eric

Well, Russ Coxe (www.vrcracing.com) is AWD and runs NOS and best of 9.7x I believe.

Kevin K is FWD, runs NOS and best of 9.4 or so.

Bryan/Jason Wier runs 9.4 with AWD and NOS.

Fastest no NOS 2g (1g too?) at least is Bob Friend with 10.9x.

Wiz

I have no nitrous and my best pass is a 10.31

Mine is a 1G.

So it looks like 9.40 is the time to beat. WOW I have my work cut out for me this year.

Eric

Jason's TSI from Carolina DSM is one of the fastest. I think it's went faster, but this is in his sig.
"1991 Eclipse GSX AUTO + Nitrous 9.79 at 141.02mph"

Eric, I think I'm currently your target.

Best 9.612 at 141.96mph

This is NO nitrous, I removed it late last year.

The turbo is a PT74GTS, pretty much a large GT42. This will be upgraded sometime this year, probably mid-season.

I expect to be dropping about a second very early this year. There were problems all last year with getting power through the trans. Those problems are solved now. Almost exactly this same combo went 156mph very traction limited past the 1/8th on smaller tires and a couple hundred pounds heavier than how it will start this year.

The fastest AWD no-nitrous time I know of is my friend Dean's car at 10.08. We expect to get that down into the mid-9's this season.

Oh, and if you want to count a Mirage too, Frank and Serge's car from Canada has been 9.42 and about 155mph.

Kevin

Plus, Russ has sold his racecar and shut down his website.

I'm sad to see him go. I recall Russ and Kiggly's friendly rivalry from several years back on the ATDSM yahoo group.

Any word on his return to racing, or is it quits?

Yeah, I miss those times. That was fun stuff. We traded off fastest times every few weeks it seemed.

I haven't heard any word on if or when Russ will be returning to racing.

Kevin

I knew it was a low 9 sec pass I had to cut to be a contender. Its awesome that we have so many guys at this level.

I am in very good company, record or no record it going to be one hell of a season

Here are some pics of my setup right now.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Did you go and shoehorn a 42r into there?

That looks really nice.

Kevin

Nice Hyundai VC too.

Hope to see some 9s from ya soon. Need to catch up with Dan?

Wiz

yeah, I dropped one in there last week. Just need to get the fugger tuned and pull a little bit more weight out of here. Right now she is full weight and then some with the cage. It has been a daily driver for a long time. This year she wont see the street nearly as much I dont think.

Eric

Hey eric what are you using to shift the tranny? also what power were you making when you ran 10.30 on the auto.. What are some things that you broke once you got in to the mid 10's as for drivetrain. Are you using IPT tranny, and at what stall RPM w/ the stall?

I plan on running a Built IPT trans w/ stall, built motor w T4 Gt40 with some juice.. looking for 600 +hp Im looking for mid 10's at least...Since my last car went 11.20's w/ 416 hp

Hope to hear from you soon

Lee, Give me a call at the shop I want to talk to you about the setup. I got John at IPT sending me my trans back (just got it freshened up) and a new converter. hit me up when you can.

847 709-0530

Eric

aliengotpsi said:
Hey eric what are you using to shift the tranny? also what power were you making when you ran 10.30 on the auto.. What are some things that you broke once you got in to the mid 10's as for drivetrain. Are you using IPT tranny, and at what stall RPM w/ the stall?

I plan on running a Built IPT trans w/ stall, built motor w T4 Gt40 with some juice.. looking for 600 +hp Im looking for mid 10's at least...Since my last car went 11.20's w/ 416 hp

Hope to hear from you soon

Before the car got switched to Automatic it made 620 to the wheels on a FWD Dynojet. It was a T4 GT35R with a 2.3 stroker motor. I then switched to Auto but never dynoed it. On the big stall I had in there it just recently Dynoed just over 700 to the wheels with the auto tranny to all four wheels. I have an IPT built transmission 9.5" converter with a 5000 stall and an IPT Shift box. It was an awesome setup, I just have to put a different converter now that is better matched to the GT42R. John is sending me the one Lee is running and I think that might just get me where I want to go. The car should put down to all four around 750-775. with that im looking for a low 9 pass in my full weight 94

Eric

AMS stampy said:
it just recently Dynoed just over 700 to the wheels with the auto tranny to all four wheels

Wow, that's a lot.

For what its worth, Dean's car ran the 9.85/136mph on 500whp and 2850lbs race weight. 700 to the wheels is going to be low 9's easily, even if you're 3300lbs.

By the way, that is a record for an auto trans dsm. Previously the highest I saw was mine a few years ago at 610whp.

Kevin

LOL, Hot damn. I have a dyno queen

Too bad none of that means a damn thing without a good ET, I will try not to dissapoint.

THe car weighs in at 3124 with me in it.... so I guess its not full weight. But its full interior. I really didnt think I took that much out but obviously I did

I weighed it the other day with out new corner scales for the race car. I felt dirty putting my 1G on it. hahahha

Eric

Edit: Maybe im missing something here kevin but why are you saying I have a record when you are putting down 716 whp ??!?!?

This should be a really interesting year for AT's. Also don't forget Extreme is running at auto trans in their race car this year too.

Eric - That 717whp was when I had the 5-speed in the car. That was on the old T72/P piece of crap. The current combo makes A LOT more power than that did. When I had the same combo run between the 5-speed and the AT, the AT showed about 100whp lower. I think I'll start this year in the 700-750whp range.

Or course, I'm about 1000-1050lbs lighter than you. That helps :)

Also, FWIW, when I ran the 9.6 last year it was so screwed up it was only putting about 400hp to the wheels after the converter emptied itself. It would jump to about 530whp just as it spooled, then power fell off like a rock.

Kevin

Indeed. The top 5 overall already has 3 AT cars in the list. :rocks:
Is Extreme using a regular DSM AT, or are they doing a rwd setup?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back