The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Fastest A/T DSM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how much nitrous? guestimation on cars weight? any info on the auto setup, converter, shifter, blah blah

very impressive!

how much nitrous? guestimation on cars weight? any info on the auto setup, converter, shifter, blah blah

very impressive!

50hp shot of nitrous, any more likes to breaks transfer cases. Weight maybe around 2700???? Converter is a Hughes restalled unit. Shifting is done manually, switches directly wired to shift solenoids. Transmission is stock 120,000 mile junkyard unit with a welded center diff.

thats awesome

no clutch end kit or anything like that? what's your stall set at? Just the standard weight reduction?

glad to see the auto's are starting to whoop ass

Jason's TSI:

Would you mind posting some interior/exterior pics of the car? Awesome pass, great job. I couldn't believe you did it on a stock transmission basically. Do you plan to put in a shift kit/ end clutch, or just keep is stock? A

Also, by manually shifting directly to the solenoids, I realize one way that can be done, but how are you doing it it? Do you have the IPT box, or just switches connected to the solenoids? Pics of the shifting system would be awesome too. Great pass!

EDIT: I just saw the interior picture from the video, I think I saw the metal plate you mounted the switches on. I like that, if possible, post some pics of it!

Its just 2 toggle switches not worth taking pictures of, you are just controlling 2 soleniods by powering one or both on and off.

how are you breaking the xcase? on the launch? ever thought of a progressive system or two kits?

Is it ok to continuously shift the car like that, (toggle switches) or is it something only drag cars should do? Because I remember how to wire up the switches for it, but never did it. Is this a better way of doing it rather than Low 2 Drive for races? And did you use overdrive on tha pass?

On the other thread it says that he does not use overdrive. Tach showed 8500 rpms or so when it crossed the finish line although he said the tach was not quite accurate. He said at 150-155 on the dyno it was about 9500 rpms.

Is it ok to continuously shift the car like that, (toggle switches) or is it something only drag cars should do? Because I remember how to wire up the switches for it, but never did it. Is this a better way of doing it rather than Low 2 Drive for races? And did you use overdrive on tha pass?

I wouldn't use just the switches on a daily driver, it might get annoying and I don't know the long term effects it would have on the tranny, but it works great for drag racing.
On my daily driver 92 talon auto AWD I used a three position toggle switch to turn off the TCU and then send 12v to the shift selector switch, its like using the switches when I turn off the TCU but uses the shifter instead. Don't ask exactly how I did it, I did it over a year ago and it took me two days to figure out so I don't remember the specifics any more. It gives me a headache thinking about it.
We don't shift into overdrive when racing, but it still does shift into overdrive with the switches

need a little bit of feedback fellas.

2.3l
shearer t4 top mount manifold

what t4 turbo offers the quickest spool? as im sure all would be able to hit 500whp. hp isn't the main thing anymore. just want something that offers the quickest spool for a t4 turbo to match this nice ass manifold.

need a little bit of feedback fellas.

2.3l
shearer t4 top mount manifold

what t4 turbo offers the quickest spool? as im sure all would be able to hit 500whp. hp isn't the main thing anymore. just want something that offers the quickest spool for a t4 turbo to match this nice ass manifold.

If your going to spend all that money on that manifold, why stop there? At least get a 42r, its an AT, it needs to build boost only once.

yea but its mainly for driveability on the street.. not for just track anymore. i'd miss driving it to much if i had that huge turbo i was going with ( gt4202 ) want something to spool alot quicker than that.

plus money is money, and its already spent LOL. haven't picked turbo yet tho

yea but its mainly for driveability on the street.. not for just track anymore. i'd miss driving it to much if i had that huge turbo i was going with ( gt4202 ) want something to spool alot quicker than that.

plus money is money, and its already spent LOL. haven't picked turbo yet tho

I'd almost gladly trade ya my t4 dnp for it :D

LOL i'd still be in need of a quick spoolin t4 turbo ... soo i'd have to say no on that. haha when do u see full spool on your setup?

I've never really thought about it to be honest. I think I've said it before on another forum. Probably before 5k.

Heres a question for you auto trans guys.

Do you guys choose to run your external trans cooler thru the radiator then into the cooler or just skip the radiator? I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this as I think the radiator is just keeping the tranny fluid hot and basically screwing whatever cooling the external cooler is doing.

Guys, please tell me what you guys do as for external trans coolers.

I've never really thought about it to be honest. I think I've said it before on another forum. Probably before 5k.

Heres a question for you auto trans guys.

Do you guys choose to run your external trans cooler thru the radiator then into the cooler or just skip the radiator? I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this as I think the radiator is just keeping the tranny fluid hot and basically screwing whatever cooling the external cooler is doing.

Guys, please tell me what you guys do as for external trans coolers.

only the n/t dsm should have 'internal' trans cooler in the radiator. all the 2g turbos have an external one but its small. check out IPT's website, they sell external upgraded coolers (tru-cooler) i ran one on my gsx and it was perfect!

only the n/t dsm should have 'internal' trans cooler in the radiator. all the 2g turbos have an external one but its small. check out IPT's website, they sell external upgraded coolers (tru-cooler) i ran one on my gsx and it was perfect!

Well I've already got a huge external cooler. I just found out after more investigating that I have a coolant leak somewhere, so thats probably why I was over heating earlier today on my test drive.

Anyone know the text book normal operating temp for trans fluid? I have yet to figure that out. I couldn't find it in the dsm manual cd either.

thanks john.

elementalwindx have you checked to see if the line to the trans cooler is kinked? or something interferring with it doing its jobs? just trying to toss out some thoughts...

thanks john.

elementalwindx have you checked to see if the line to the trans cooler is kinked? or something interferring with it doing its jobs? just trying to toss out some thoughts...

Its running a steady 150deg and one guy quoted John @ IPT with this quote:

Straight from John at IPT, "Operating temp for trans fluid should be between 150 and 200 degrees Fahrenheit." 200 degrees being the safety limit not starting point. Most manufactures run trans fluid through the radiator because its simple and cheap.

So it appears my trans coolant was fine.

After driving another hour into Wilmington and Kure Beach, and then started heading back home, a coolant hose busted, so after replacing that, the car ran a steady 200deg coolant temp and 140~deg trans temp the hour ride back home. Seems I just had a weak hose.

Wish I had one of those coolant system analyzers like I use to have. That taught me to never lend out my tools anymore. :nono:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back