The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

C1 Motorsports Evo Swap Time Attack Eclipse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeah!
In post #62 where you show the broken gears, they are all helical. I don't get it why they are helical. I thought this was the PPG gearbox that broke 3rd gear on the dyno back in post #30?
Good eye!

The dogbox previously in the car was already in pieces from WTAC, so this was a backup transmission. It was supposed to get us through the return to USA 2019 season at lower power levels.

The rate at which the car grenaded transmissions, even before I acquired the vehicle, is why the Evo swap is taking place. Hopefully it is much less common occurrence the next time it's under its own power with the sequential.

Time will tell!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back