The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2018 Shootout

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This event is going down hill. Might as well call it a normal import weekend at the track.

I've heard similar which is disappointing, but I'd still like to make a trip out next year.

Maybe not the place for it, but I've been thinking about trying to organize a dsm event on the west coast here for a while. In spokane there's alot of hotel/camping space, we have the drag and auto-x course, and theres a huge lot down the road in post falls that could be a car show/DB drag and awards area. I just don't have a clue how to go about starting it or funding for it.

Any body ever camp there? I'm thinking about coming for the first time and was thinking about camping out in a tent on the grounds. If not, maybe I'll look into rooms.
we camped there last year. we brought a big ass camper though LOL. it wasnt bad at all imo had a blast after the track shut down.

It's just like every other thing ever, it's all what you make it. Yeah the dsm car count is down compared to 10yrs ago, but I still get to see the fast guys, and hang out with other like minded guys, along with go racing.

The event is awesome! I have no idea what anyone is complaining about, sure the partying has fallen off last year, but it needed to before anyone else gets killed at the event (its happened). Also the partying and shenanigans come and goes in waves, sometimes its crazy sometimes not so much, its all random.

Any body ever camp there? I'm thinking about coming for the first time and was thinking about camping out in a tent on the grounds. If not, maybe I'll look into rooms.

We camped in a tent at the track last year. Really nice spot to camp, lots of shade, pretty sure you can’t have a camp fire though

Do you ever have anything good to say?
The sky is blue.

It's just like every other thing ever, it's all what you make it. Yeah the dsm car count is down compared to 10yrs ago, but I still get to see the fast guys, and hang out with other like minded guys, along with go racing.
So you criticize me but then you agree with me... Your way of thinking is astonishing. Nonetheless Ill take the high road and tell you that you are free to your opinion...whatever that may be...I could really care less. Good luck at the races.

Last edited:
The event is awesome! I have no idea what anyone is complaining about, sure the partying has fallen off last year, but it needed to before anyone else gets killed at the event (its happened). Also the partying and shenanigans come and goes in waves, sometimes its crazy sometimes not so much, its all random.

Killed by how.. not really interested in the fnf party scene

Killed by how.. not really interested in the fnf party scene
There was a death from doing drunken group wheelies on the golf carts at the track one year, there was one a few years ago from an accident where the kid (16) was riding in the backseat of a 2g that got T-boned because the Evo it was following had to slam on its brakes for some reason and come to an abrupt stop which sent the 2g skidding long story short across the other side of route 250 up near the milan travel park area which ended up in a bad accident, there was another accident maybe two or three years ago which was a fatality also.

Bottom line as far as people complaining about a lack of Dsm's is that the turnout is controlled by YOU and you only, if even 60% of the people on these boards showed up, it would be a Dsm takeover/takeback, the turnout in the past was big because people actually DID things and enjoyed caravaning across the country for a common cause, the road trip was 50% or more of the fun of the event for those guys, lately no one seems to put caravans together and the average guy doesnt want to travel that far in a souped up car alone and I understand that.

So what we are left with are the hard core Shootout or bust guys that have balls and make that trip every year and the local tri state guys that come alone one by one because its close enough to do it. I remember my first shootout being in a trance almost when we were on the turnpike on the way up and looking in the mirror and seing a total WALL of Dsms behind us, they had sort of snuck up on us or might have thought we were part of the caravan, my buddy looked over from the passenger seat and said "do you know these guys?" because about 50 Dsms came around us and were hanging out the passenger windows filming and taking pictures and waving/revving/honking and having just so much fun driving with that many other Dsms, and I could tell that what they were all thinking was "so this thing is real, this event really DOES happen like the myth and legend" we were all in Dsm meca!

I would like to go to it at least once. Its only a couple hours away. I don't feel my 420a would fit in. Also the engine is on the stand without a head right now. And don't have my full turbo kit yet either. I also don't want to show up in my Infiniti G35 and not my dsm. Also if i go i wanna have a few fun passes. Doubt a turbo 420a can hang.

I have only missed one Shootout since 1996 (despite the fact that it was moved to mid August, my weeding anniversary). And unfortunately I will have to miss this year, my 18 year old son is starting college in Florida that week. But I will back the next year!

People complaining about The Shootout do not really understand how good we have it with this event! DSMs are a dying brand, to have something of this caliber is pretty amazing!

If anyone is on the fence about going, DO IT WHILE YOU STILL CAN! And support this awesome event!

It would be kind of cool if every other year the site was rotated to different regions. I'm just not traveling 18 hours in my DSM, and if I'm going then I'm bringing my car.

My drive is 13 hours, man up! I went to the 2010 shootout and it was incredible. The amount of pristine cars that showed up was unbelievable. I've wanted to go back ever since and this year I decided to put it on the calendar to make it happen. If anyone is on the fence about going, just send it! @GRNDSM makes a good point as well, we don't know how long this event will continue for!

I drove from Phoenix Arizona in a fully modded Dsm 30+ hour drive.

Mine would also be a 30+ hour drive, but I'm going to plan for next year! If I had things together I'd have gone this year.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back