The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2018 Shootout

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE DSM SO as I will refer to it as because that what it is ...still. NO DSMs no event, nobody gives a f*** about the GTRs and there isn't enough EVOs to make a one day event of the thing.

The DSM SO is the greatest import racing event in the world...bar none. These are the fastest imports and always have been, anybody who is anybody comes to this event. There is nothing else like it. The event actually used to beg other imports to show up and race but there was literally 0 competition so they quit it.

I don't see this event going any where any time soon. Attendance as far as I know is up every single year. SO if we used to have a SO with only 30-40 people and now there is 8000.... I am not too worried.

The autox has come and gone more than once, don't read between the lines.

ETS not coming, it's like a 3 week ordeal for them to come. I love that they have been coming but to be honest I can't believe they came as many times as they have, so much work for their entire team.

Vegas' comment is classic jealously, how ignorant. If you are a true DSMer there is NOTHING that compares to this and you will find any way or reason possible to get there.

Literally my best friends in life will all be at this event.

If you don't go, it is your failure, you are the one missing out on all the fun. I have been to pretty much any type of racing event there is and nothing compares with this.

The parties rule as well, you never know what you are gonna get. DSMers by nature are open minded people with mechanical abilities and mods on the brain, that is why the event rules, we are the smartest of the car guys out there, we are taking 200hp cars and some are making 1500hp now. GO to a LS function and blaaaah boring, etc etc. Fancy AUDI events are like a f***ing snooze fest, F1 races are about how much $$ people have. THE DSM SO is the ultimate true car guy event, no pu$$ies allowed, your motor blows up, 20 people help you rebuild it in a parking lot through the night.

Aww man now I am all fired up, and then there is that adrenaline rush when you drive your car to the event, that lump in your throat of "is my car going to make it?", the butterflies, I love the rush!! The friends, the racing, the whole things.

See you all there .....SHOOTOUT ; 7 days and counting.

You sir deserve a beer, come stop by our tent or campsite!

That invite goes out to all DSMTuners members as well! It would be nice to put a face to the username so if you are going and want to have a beer, sent me a PM and I will have one waiting for you! We are camping at the Milan Travel Park by all the hotels if you are familiar with the SO setup.

Last edited:
You sir deserve a beer, come stop by our tent or campsite!

That invite goes out to all DSMTuners members as well! It would be nice to put a face to the username so if you are going and want to have a beer, sent me a PM and I will be have one waiting for you! We are camping at the Milan Travel Park by all the hotels if you are familiar with the SO setup.

Who doesn't have a bottomless beer cooler? haha. Anyone is free to stop by our spot as well for beer, food, tools, help, you name it... We are always on the grass patch in the pits with our tents. Just look for the license plates GOLDIGR and SGR DADI and you will know its us haha.

I always enjoy putting a face to a username too.

Who doesn't have a bottomless beer cooler? haha. Anyone is free to stop by our spot as well for beer, food, tools, help, you name it... We are always on the grass patch in the pits with our tents. Just look for the license plates GOLDIGR and SGR DADI and you will know its us haha.

I always enjoy putting a face to a username too.

If you see a red 2g with CORNF3D collector license plate, be sure to stop by or flag me down if I drive by!

What time is the best time to get there? I noticed you can buy spectator tickets at Buschur instead of at the gate. I'm guessing to reduce traffic coming into the event. Since this will be my first time, I'm just trying to plan ahead best I can with everything. I also plan to bring a cooler with food and drinks.. assuming no issues with that
If your coming for the whole event, then you should be at Buschur Racing at 8:30-9:00am on Friday morning and then plan to stay until around 4:00 or later, everyone then heads to their hotels, out to eat, campground to put up the tent, etc until the gates at the track open and then we all caravan sort of over that direction and its all on autopilot for the rest of the weekend. So Friday morning Buschurs, Friday night the track for racing until its over then hang out at the hotels/track/campgrounds basically make the rounds all night then back Saturday morning for a full day of racing then back out making the rounds Saturday night after the racing and then back Sunday for all day racing. You can bring any food or drink that you want as long as your responsible, bring your parts to sell too if you want.

Pretty disappointing that autocross is cancelled. And I see they added an RB powered class as well. I'll at least bring the Talon out for Friday and spectate the other days. Living an hour away makes it a no brainer.

Every one

There are efforts being made by Jimmy to get AutoX back at the shootout. I am confident that he will make it happen. I will keep everyone posted if I hear anything. Shoot an email to Jimmy Bowling at Buschur Racing or chime in on his Facebook post here:Https://m.facebook.com/jimmybowling1980/posts/10156237367443941 and volunteer to work AutoX. I'm assuming it will end up being like a normal AutoX event this year if it happens. Race, work, rest. But who knows.

Myself and a friend have already messaged him stating we would work the event. Neither of us will have cars running this year so we figured we had all the time in the world to help out

Hey guys I am new to these cars and am thinking about driving down 3 hours just for Friday because I have plans Saturday. Seems like an awesome event and not really sure what to expect. Will be going by myself so hopefully can meet some people from here while I’m there.

Vegas' comment is classic jealously, how ignorant. If you are a true DSMer there is NOTHING that compares to this and you will find any way or reason possible to get there.
Haha, yeah I'm clearly jealous of an event I don't intend to go to. Good logic there. I'm not true a dsmer, yet I've owned 5 DSMs over 17 years. Real bright guy you are. When you drive your POS down here 25 hours to TX2K (you know boostin broke the record last year, any true DSMer would be here for that, right?) then we'll talk.

Won't be in attendance this year but planning to come next year. I picked up another DSM last winter and haven't had much time to work on it. No reason I can't bring both of my DSM's next year. Need as many clean DSM's at the event as we can gather. Have multiple friends who are planning on tripping up there next year as well.

I finally got plans finalized. I have more repairs to do today after work but I will be there tomorrow for my first Shootout. I'm leaving for an autocross Sunday in Centerville, though, so it will be just one day for me.

The converter decided to eat itself, not sure what the cause was but thinking about swapping to Bradco or Precision Industries instead of the Sinister... I didn’t even get one pass in, this happened while cruising around town.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
The converter decided to eat itself, not sure what the cause was but thinking about swapping to Bradco or Precision Industries instead of the Sinister... I didn’t even get one pass in, this happened while cruising around town.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That's a bummer man, sorry to hear that...did you haul or drive out?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back