The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1g 6B vs 7B tensioner arm mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOSLO2PT0

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 31, 2002
Joliet, Illinois
Does someone have a side by side pic of the engine mount the timing belt tensioner arm is on? I’ve got one here in a bin of parts and have no idea which one it is.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

There is no difference between 1G 6 bolt and 1G 7 bolt, also between 1G Manual and 1G Auto. The only difference is between 1G Turbo and 1G Non turbo 2.0. The flange angle is the difference. The left one is for Non turbo, the right one is for Turbo. It should have 3 digit numbers on the side, what number does it have?

There is no difference between 1G 6 bolt and 1G 7 bolt, also between 1G Manual and 1G Auto. The only difference is between 1G Turbo and 1G Non turbo 2.0. The flange angle is the difference. The left one is for Non turbo, the right one is for Turbo. It should have 3 digit numbers on the side, what number does it have?

ASA lists a different p/n for 6 bolt vs 7 bolt for turbo model. I have a turbo mount according to your pic. Unfortunately, I threw the mount back in the parts bin at the bottom of the stack after I took the pic ☹️ Won’t be able to verify until early next week

Are we speaking non turbo 4g63 or 4g37? If its both 4g63 id like to know why the change. Seems unnecessary

You are correct. I looked at the numbers too quickly. It appears the mount and tensioner arm are the same for both 6 bolt and 7 bolt turbo cars. That helps me out tremendously. Thank you!

These mounts are from an EVO III. Are these the same as USDM 6 Bolt mounts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we speaking non turbo 4g63 or 4g37? If its both 4g63 id like to know why the change. Seems unnecessary
Paul, we are talking about between 1g 4g63 turbo and non turbo. I am not so sure why but maybe some design difference on chassis or/and suspension is related, so they have a different front and a rear bracket, too. The position is obviously different. And also the driveshaft angle on AWD.

These mounts are from an EVO III. Are these the same as USDM 6 Bolt mounts?
I have never compared them by myself, so I am not sure if the early EVO bracket fits with 1g DSM. If you have it, you should compare it with a 1g DSM bracket, if they are interchangeable or not. I have a 338 number bracket on my 1G AWD. I didn't find any difference from a 1g turbo DSM bracket.

Last edited:
I have never compared them by myself, so I am not sure if the early EVO bracket fits with 1g DSM. If you have it, you should compare it with a 1g DSM bracket, if they are interchangeable or not. I have a 338 number bracket on my 1G AWD. I didn't find any difference from a 1g turbo DSM bracket.

The tensioner mount on the left has the numbers 826 on it. No idea if this works with a 1g block or not. Anybody know if or have seen this number on this mount? I don’t have the mount here but a guy has some mounts for sale, nicely wrinkle coated. But I don’t want to buy them if they don’t work

With motor mount brackets and some other choice parts, Mitsubishi had the tendency to cast, stamp, or mark in some fashion the last three digits of the original part number onto the part (see: motor mount bracket????). The same can be said here.

MD135826 - was used in non-turbo vehicles, 1990-1993
MD135827 - was used in turbo vehicles, 1990-1993

Ignore the 1993 cut off date. It appears the mounts are different for the 1G turbo and non turbo cars, regardless of engine design (6 bolt vs 7 bolt, but must be 2.0L 4G63), just as Hiroshi started earlier. Now I wonder what actual difference it makes when using one vs the other. It appears the area just under the flat mounting section is longer

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I wonder what actual difference it makes when using one vs the other. It appears the area just under the flat mounting section is longer
I didn't see the 2nd pic earlier. The EVO3 bracket pic you uploaded doesn't look identical to the 1G turbo bracket. To me, the flange position looks slightly different.
The difference between the turbo and non turbo bracket is the flange position/angle (Maybe the angle is the same).
Please refer the pics below, you can see the 826 (Non Turbo) and the 827 (Turbo) brackets. I took more pics in different angle, maybe this is easier to distinguish the difference between the turbo bracket and non turbo bracket. So if you use a non turbo bracket on a turbo DSM or vice versa, the driver side engine mounting position would slightly be different.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back