The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

What did you do to your DSM today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not my DSM but I fixed this issue today.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The edge I have is the 2.7 twin turbo and it’s tuned for 93. Had the wife surprise me by putting a full tank in it, and I didn’t even think to ask if it was 93. Turns out it was 87. LOL

It was immediately apparent when I went WOT and it started breaking up. Dodge a huge bullet here. Thank god the HG didn’t let go.

Swapped plugs out, threw on the 87 octane tune, let it relearn the trims, back to 0-60 in 5.3 seconds and 1/4 in 13.6ish. On 87 octane for a heavy family pig that’s super comfy that’s not too shabby I’d say.

So detonation is the suspected cause? Good thing you had a separate tune!

Lets play "who's looks worse"............ROFL
I believe this one came from the cylinder that broke the valve head off on one of my small blocks.
I hate having so much carnage. I have thought about maybe starting a "Show us your Carnage" thread.....I still may do that. I have quite a few pictures that makes you go "WTF happened" ;)

So detonation is the suspected cause? Good thing you had a separate tune!

Lets play "who's looks worse"............ROFL
I believe this one came from the cylinder that broke the valve head off on one of my small blocks.
I hate having so much carnage. I have thought about maybe starting a "Show us your Carnage" thread.....I still may do that. I have quite a few pictures that makes you go "WTF happened" ;)

You win hands down. Lol.

And yeah it was detonation for sure. These ECUs are incredibly powerful and complex, so it’s got like..maps on maps on maps for everything. It’s constantly adjusting and checking and etc. so the second it even thinks that something is detonating anywhere in the vicinity of the engine it’ll cut boost, timing, and throw on a rev limiter and do everything it can to stop you.

Long story short, ECU is powerful and stopped damage. The cool thing is the company I have who tuned it gave me like a billion maps. 87 through 105 octane maps, 87 and 93 octane “Eco” maps, e30 street and race maps, even an 87 and 93 oct “towing” tune. All for the cost of their tuner alone.

Double post, sorry, but finally got to work on a dsm today. Lol.

Did this.

Small thing, but man. It’s so awesome. The hatch never held up on its own ever since I first got the car.

Still waiting on the injector rebuild kits and seals. -.- then I can install everything in the bay and show the after!

Double post, sorry, but finally got to work on a dsm today. Lol.

Did this.

Small thing, but man. It’s so awesome. The hatch never held up on its own ever since I first got the car.

Still waiting on the injector rebuild kits and seals. -.- then I can install everything in the bay and show the after!
Keeping in mind that I know very little, why not just have them serviced? Seems comparable in price and includes cleaning and flow matching as well as seals. Just curious if you’ll teach me something new.

Oh… adjusted my google search. I guess it is a quarter the price to do yourself.

Keeping in mind that I know very little, why not just have them serviced? Seems comparable in price and includes cleaning and flow matching as well as seals. Just curious if you’ll teach me something new.

I’m back in Florida near my dad who has his own shop. So I’ve got access to a sonic cleaner, flow tester, etc. it’s so nice to have access to a shop and air tools again!

Nice to have all of those built in fail safes! :thumb:

I pulled my ECU today and am having it serviced. Its already boxed up and ready to go out tomorrow. I want to know that there isn't anything wrong with it so I don't continue to chase my tail on my car, who I miss dearly :pray:

Well, all the "bells and whistles" for comfort and also for the motor to respond with so many different inputs, and if any 1 doesn't "pass", it saves your motor. :)

Well, all the "bells and whistles" for comfort and also for the motor to respond with so many different inputs, and if any 1 doesn't "pass", it saves your motor. :)

For absolutely sure. I love technology and tuning so it’s awesome to see the power of these modern ecus. They make old stand-alones look like an SAFC.

Got my intake back from the cleaners today...Lookin good... notice all the casting marks are gone. Now to have it polished or maybe high heat powder coated.

Got my intake back from the cleaners today...Lookin good... notice all the casting marks are gone. Now to have it polished or maybe high heat powder coated.
What exactly did you do? It looks new.

What I did was hand file all the casting marks smooth and then had the intake bead blasted. It's as clean inside as the outside. I even filed away the cast marks on the backside which no one will see. I believe I have decided to have this powder-coated. To polish would be $400 versus $100 to powder coat.

Installed my new @2gSpyder4g64 CAS cover last week with the Gofer logo on it, looks great!

That looks great. What did you use for the aux plug/jack? It looks OEM.
BATIGE USB 3.0 & 3.5mm Car Mount Flush Cable 3.5mm + USB3.0 AUX Extension Dash Panel Waterproof Mount Cable for Car Boat and Motorcycle - 3ft
Amazon of course.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back