The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What did you do to your DSM today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Continuing to service my driveshaft. Lobro disassembled and cleaned.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Starting to sandblast the driveshaft and getting ready for a coat of por15

Continuing to service my driveshaft. Lobro disassembled and cleaned.

Starting to sandblast the driveshaft and getting ready for a coat of por15
I wish I had a sand blaster. Mine has taken a lot of work, and isn’t prepped as well as your photo shows. Way better than before, though.
The lobro is a cool device, but every part of the prop shaft is pretty well fixed to the frame. Apart from a tiny bit of flex in carrier bearings, engine/trans mounts and rear subframe mounts, not sure why they designed it this way, ( or a 3-piece shaft!). Plus, having an odd number of cardan (ujoints) joints actual is not ideal from a vibration standpoint.

I wish I had a sand blaster. Mine has taken a lot of work, and isn’t prepped as well as your photo shows. Way better than before, though.
The lobro is a cool device, but every part of the prop shaft is pretty well fixed to the frame. Apart from a tiny bit of flex in carrier bearings, engine/trans mounts and rear subframe mounts, not sure why they designed it this way, ( or a 3-piece shaft!). Plus, having an odd number of cardan (ujoints) joints actual is not ideal from a vibration standpoint.
I personally don’t have a sandblaster. My work does though :shhh::D. I am VERY grateful for being able to use it and it’s not something I can just use anytime. I will say it’s so satisfying watching everything literally blow off whatever is being blasted. It really tingles my OCD jollies:sneaky:

As for the driveshaft, I’m not really sure why Mitsu went that route but I’m sure safety and comfort were in mind.

Replaced the front wheels with a little wider rims...washed the GST today, and switched out the gauge cluster for a silver faced '99...

Chris do you receive a percentage of sales from either the decals or the calenders? I’d rather direct my money your way if I can.

^ That is a gorgeous color well done

I put a mirror with camera due my spyder after cage was done , mirror got blinded by one pipe of cage
Best of both worlds is i can record pulls
Can you check your video... On my end it says Error...

There's more in my "build" thread, but I did basic stuff over the past few days. I'm just so glad to have my hands on my Talon again after like 5 years of being away that I'm ecstatic even just doing small stuff again!!

Painted the VC, the spark plug cover, BOV, oil cap, and (no pictures yet) painted the cover of my CAS. The engine bay is an absolute disaster from the person that had it these last 5 or so years, so it's an uphill battle, man. One step at a time though. Oh, and I cleaned/re-polished the intake pipe.

Pictures!

Engine bay before. This is an older picture from like 6-8 months ago too. It's gotten even worse since then. Everything aluminum(TB, IM, intake pipe, coolant housing) is all rusted/powdery/etc. Bleh. Had to take care of the stuff that was easy to get too. So here's the pictures in no particular order.

VC, Spark plug cover, and Oil cap. I took a wire brush/attachment to my drill and cleaned it all down to bare metal, almost polished it, then sprayed it from there. Has high temp clear over it all too. I'm not a pro painter, but for $15 in materials, I'm super proud of it. Lol. The spark plug cover is SUPER beat up, so honestly I just degreased it/cleaned the paint off of it, and sprayed it. That's why it looks rough.

BOV was in disrepair for sure. It's still got marks/etc on it that I'd have to actually sand smooth and didn't feel like doing it. Meh. You'll never see it this close anyway.

This is what I'm most proud of though. The knock-off Injen intake pipe was HORRIBLE. Had coolant, dirt, and some stuff that looked like still-wet RTV on it. Just look at it. This was AFTER I washed it with dawn dish soap!

Bleh. But, $15 later in metal polish and disposable rags,(and $1.5 million in elbow grease. My drill died.) later, and it looks like this now.

Not perfect, but SO MUCH BETTER. If I felt like it, I could go back over it with some sanding disks and some polishing pads, but honestly..it looks great enough as is.

All in all with these parts plus the CAS cover I'm currently painting, I think the engine bay will look 100% better. Especially after installing the VRSF/SSAC FMIC kit and putting in those shiny new pipes and couplers. Gonna yank the intake manifold and TB(and fuel rail) later on and clean it/polish it too.

God it feels good to work on this thing again. :D

I started mine up Sunday and took some logs of it leaning out then recovering. I am about to be done with these cars if I can't smile and have fun, sorry to say.

I started mine up Sunday and took some logs of it leaning out then recovering. I am about to be done with these cars if I can't smile and have fun, sorry to say.

That's what I did. Gotta have some variety. I love my Edge, it helps keep things new. When the DSM annoys me, like you do with a rampant angry Toddler, just ignore it and focus on something else.

Helps immensely!

That's why I am building Chevy's again...........

My car is still in storage but I am working on a set of side skirts at home. I cut the vent out of the junk skirts I ordered and will mold them into a set I got off a donor car. I got a used intake and filed down all the casting marks and will have that bead blasted to a polished finish. Eat your heart out, Roman Peirce. I got a call from a guy who wants to do a photoshoot and a video of my car... That made my day.

My car is still in storage but I am working on a set of side skirts at home. I cut the vent out of the junk skirts I ordered and will mold them into a set I got off a donor car. I got a used intake and filed down all the casting marks and will have that bead blasted to a polished finish. Eat your heart out, Roman Peirce. I got a call from a guy who wants to do a photoshoot and a video of my car... That made my day.

Nice. Must be a great feeling.

I’m waiting for FedEx who apparently likes to play with peoples emotions by saying it’s gonna get delivered a day early and then take twelve hours to go 30 miles and push the date back again. Sigh.

Once the new injector rebuild kit and other parts finally come in I’ll be doing more stuff. Engine bay is super close to being done. Gonna install the fmic stuff soon.

I flipped mine off and said some discouraging words.

I got it back from the shop! Some may hate this but I also had her lifted. Needed to be able to get her in the driveway. Radio reinstall later today… then boost leak testing.

Last edited:
I got it back from the shop! Some may hate this but I also had her lifted. Needed to be able to get her in the driveway. Radio reinstall later today… then boost leak testing.

Who cares if people hate it. I think it's just right. This too low to realistically drive is straight stupidness. As is hardparking and tire stretching and whatever the hell else people do now.

Looks great. Love the color. I'm a sucker for 2GB Eclipses.

I think it looks great. Function > looks. Beats driving over speed bumps sideways and scrapping.

Currently in the middle of an AWD swap and putting on a twin scroll hx35 on my 97 gst. So today I pulled the front subframe and installed some volk solid bushings. Pulled the rack and fixed a cracked line. And pulled the transmission and clutch. Along with all the odds and ends to get there

Today I removed my side skirts to get an idea or the condition my rockers where in. Now Iam Trying to find a good body guy to replace the rear quarters rockers. Previous owner cut all the rot out then slapped on the skirts and called it fixed. I mean it did look pretty damn good till I went digging. But it’s only the rear rockers everything else is solid. Located in mass.

Thanks to Christian A. For the cuts!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back