The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Drag Race Build Vroom Vroom Awd

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ordered the staging break parts from this thread: https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/d...stall-using-2021-parts.534840/#post-153808319
and the Boostin Performance KDN shifter: https://shop.boostinperformance.com/product-p/bp-kdn-shifter.htm

Will be installing these items when I receive them as I figure out the issue with the trans. Got the Innovate oil pressure gauge wired in and installed over the weekend. Fitting all the wires from that gauge and the ECB-1 behind the A-pillar pod wasn't an easy task, so many wires, HA.

Based on the position of the clutch fork; something appears off, I was under the impression it should be pointed slightly towards the slave cylinder. Twin disc has 3k miles on it, ToB and pivot ball are new OEM, and previous owner said the clutch fork is the original one in the car.

IMG_1310.jpg

I'm pretty sure Tim recommends using a Competition Throw out FORK when you are using a twin disk.
How do you like your clutch? I am wanting to put my QM 7.25 in my Red 90 when it goes back together.

I'm not the best source for giving my opinion on clutches and how I like this one versus that one. I picked up the Galant in October of last year, and before that it had been like 13 years since I had driven a stick. Since then I've only driven cars with twin disc's - Comp twin disc + jacks trans in the Galant and Southbend twin + dog box in the Talon.

Oddly enough I just ordered that fork and a new OEM TOB from him this morning. Will also be ordering a new OEM slave and master cylinder to have on hand.

I also feel like the dog box I have, and the first few times I drove it, it was "louder" than I thought. I'm leaning towards clutch engagement issues + dogbox but we will find out once I get the trans pulled and it all back together. It would "clunk" like I expected based on reading, but then it also felt like it would grind a little as well. Hoping it's just a bent clutch fork.

Not much has changed.

- installed new clutch line from slave to master, new slave, etc.
- waiting on trans to get inspected, but will be a couple months
- in the meantime, buying a built shep trans and matching t case from another member going auto, believe I’ll have that in 2-3 weeks at most. So I’ll have two built trans, two built motors, extra rear end, extra axles. Weeeee
- borrowed some quick jacks from a buddy… and I’ll be buying my own pair ASAP. This is so, so, so much better than traditional jacks and stands. But, price tag is 1200-1700+ Depending on model and shipping.

2E7580D3-830D-4768-B3FD-AFB7156464CE.jpeg

I've had Quick Jacks on my wishlist for awhile now...just need to bite the bullet and do it. KDN shifter looks right at home in there!

Well, car will be down till next spring. So time for some upgrades.

installed all new gauges on the A-pillar. Innovate Ecb-1. Oil pressure. Fuel pressure. Waiting on a fitting for the fpr so I can screw in the npt fitting for the gauge

got rid of a coupler on the cold side of the IC piping, less chances/risks of boost leaks.

Also got a little tire rack that seems to work well, but I will be moving this.

D9EF3248-7007-40A5-9C79-711AE8BAB558.jpeg

E2B6195F-CAD7-4D2B-AE10-CBB740220B7C.jpeg

A0DA4E76-F7A4-4271-A951-DBBAB66C48C1.jpeg

245FEB8B-332C-4D95-A9E9-58063969B1CE.jpeg

That sucks....I am hoping there was a price adjustment for selling you a car that seems to have had a hurt Dogbox. Did you drive the car before purchase? The upgrades are looking great. Keep on...!

I bought the car from a close friend, sight unseen, so I assumed the risk and have just chalked it up to bad luck. He sold me what he thought was a good, working trans and wasn't trying to screw me over, so I didn't ask for any cash back, etc. One of my closer car guy friends, we talk every couple days.

With these cars you never know if something is going to break in the next second or minute. When I sold my old DSMs I said as soon as you leave any problems are on you. I always act in the most honest way possible but even honest people can't predict what these cars will do one second from the next.

I just ran through the build thread and this car is completely awesome. Looks like its got the right owner with all the carefully done maintenance being done, big props to you for sure :thumb:

I just ran through the build thread and this car is completely awesome. Looks like its got the right owner with all the carefully done maintenance being done, big props to you for sure :thumb:

Thanks! Still loads to go through though; largest item being the rear brakes/axles. They are seized in the hub and in order to change the broken e-brake cables, those need to come off. So I'll attempt to piece together new rear wheel bearings/knuckles/axles this winter. But I may push this off depending on funds. Car has a stock return line, but this winter, going to change that over to a 6an return, already has a 6an feed. Should be enough fuel for 650-700 whp. Once I hit that, double pumper and 8an feed time!

Moved the tired rack and got around to finishing the install on the Innovate fuel pressure gauge, was waiting on the fitting to attach the sensor and gauge.

IMG_2027.jpeg

IMG_2025.jpeg

Now thats an FPR! Im also very envious of that rotating engine stand too. I can't imagine around 700 whp in these cars. Mine is floating just under 400 and it makes me very nervous LOL, sounds like an excellent game plan though. When the time comes be sure to post some drag videos.

Now thats an FPR! Im also very envious of that rotating engine stand too. I can't imagine around 700 whp in these cars. Mine is floating just under 400 and it makes me very nervous LOL, sounds like an excellent game plan though. When the time comes be sure to post some drag videos.

That stand has the motor out of the Galant, it's drop in ready for when this one blows up. It made 552 with the previous owner of the Galant. I like to keep moving forward so I'd like this car to take a step up above the 552. It's without a doubt lighter, so should feel damn good.

552 is a rocket, so I can't even fathom what it feels like for other members making 700-800+. Or something like the Red Demom; giggling with laughter at how fast that is.

You know pretty much all engine stands do this.

When is the last time anyone has had any communication with Carbonetics?

I sent my deposit for carbon fiber doors 22 weeks ago, with an estimate of 16-20 weeks at the time. I e-mailed last week to see if there was an update and haven't received anything back.

Not concerned with waiting longer if needed, just didn't know if anyone was in contact with them recently.

When is the last time anyone has had any communication with Carbonetics?

I sent my deposit for carbon fiber doors 22 weeks ago, with an estimate of 16-20 weeks at the time. I e-mailed last week to see if there was an update and haven't received anything back.

Not concerned with waiting longer if needed, just didn't know if anyone was in contact with them recently.
Well, I can see he's been active on FecesBook fairly recently, so he's still around. Try messaging their page to see when you might be able to get an update.

Well, not much has changed. Car is sitting while I wait, but I will be moving in the next few months so 100% of my energy will be put into finishing home projects, selling furniture/packing stuff up, house and job hunting. Feb 18th I'll know where I'm going; I will be following my lady as she finishes her Phd, final year and will almost certainly be hired on wherever she spends her final year. Right now it's looking like it will be one of these spots:

Durham/Chapel Hill, NC area
Lexington, Cincinnati area -
Little Rock, AR
Charleston, SC

I listed them in order of likelihood based on the information I have. I wouldn't mind any of those locations but I'd prefer NOT to be in SC; housing is just insane.

As for the car; picked up a spare/stock 96 awd trans to throw in the car so I can roll it around and store it in my dads garage. I will likely have to come back to KC and get it. Since the car has been sitting for a few months, and the car has a stock return line with a 6an feed... I will likely be moving to a fuel cell and changing it up to a 8an feed/6an return so I can throw all the bOOst at it when it's back up.

Well, not much has changed. Car is sitting while I wait, but I will be moving in the next few months so 100% of my energy will be put into finishing home projects, selling furniture/packing stuff up, house and job hunting. Feb 18th I'll know where I'm going; I will be following my lady as she finishes her Phd, final year and will almost certainly be hired on wherever she spends her final year. Right now it's looking like it will be one of these spots:

Durham/Chapel Hill, NC area
Lexington, Cincinnati area -
Little Rock, AR
Charleston, SC

I listed them in order of likelihood based on the information I have. I wouldn't mind any of those locations but I'd prefer NOT to be in SC; housing is just insane.

As for the car; picked up a spare/stock 96 awd trans to throw in the car so I can roll it around and store it in my dads garage. I will likely have to come back to KC and get it. Since the car has been sitting for a few months, and the car has a stock return line with a 6an feed... I will likely be moving to a fuel cell and changing it up to a 8an feed/6an return so I can throw all the bOOst at it when it's back up.
Come on over to Lexington! I'll provide the top shelf bourbon

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back