The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Spyder AWD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finally picked up a 2G Spyder worth AWD swapping. Been keeping my eyes peeled for a couple of years now. Managed to snag a ETS FMIC with it. Got to pulling a few things off the engine today as I was digging into its current state of affairs. Found ross pistons and some variety of forged rods and lots and lots of arp hardware throughout. Going to continue digging in and see what is actually going on with the engine. Intending to get the vehicle running as FWD at the moment and then begin the tear down on one of my extra awd setups to get ready for the big swap! All in all a very fantastic purchase!

Long time no update to this vehicle. Still definitely a project on my list. Took my sweet time getting around to it. Life got busy between Job changes, getting engaged, Moving, and just general life that I think kills most peoples projects. Finally spent some time this summer getting the car in the garage and up on jack stands and commited to finishing it up. Picked up a Talon local to me with a 6 bolts swap with a rod knock and a Justin whitesell Hx40. Cleaned up the turbo set up and installed it to an extra 7 bolts I have laying around. Intend to build the 6 bolt in the long run, but more wanting to finish the AWD swap and get the car running under its own power for now. Got the engine timed and bolted up to the AWD transmission. Got things dropped in around September.
IMG_5037.JPG

Life continued to be busy so car sat like this for quite some time. Finally took a weekend and got the rear end ripped out of the vehicle. got rid of the FWD rear end and fuel tank. Using Volk metalcrafts DSM AWD swap bushings kit. Spent a solid day hammering, cutting and burning the original subframe bushings out and I can absolutely say what a nightmare to remove those bushings. In Paul's instructions he tells you to have a beer and relish how much closer you are to done, but I had to add quite a few more beers into the process. Definitely not for the faint of heart. Went ahead and dropped the new aluminum bushings into the freezer overnight and made it very easy to install into the subframe the next day. Hoping to get some more pictures and progress updates coming soon. More parts on order currently and should have another free weekend to do a lot more work soon! Going to have my neighbor come over and weld up the rear subframe lugs and driveshaft hangers.
IMG_5641.jpg
IMG_5700.jpg
IMG_5701.jpg
IMG_5699.jpg
IMG_5707.jpg
IMG_5708.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back