The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved Turbo timer Install questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJCTalon

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 20, 2009
Nebraska
I have a HKS turbo timer harness for my 2g for my apexi turbo timer.

So if plug in my harness, connect grey wire to the e-brake switch, then black one to ground thats it?

Theres a white wire that says to be wired to the 02 output on the ecu. Do I need to do that?

I would rather not have to wire into the 02 sensor wire on the ecu. I will be installing a wideband and it will be wired into the ecu as im using the stock sensor location. Im worried with wiring in the turbo timer to the same location will jack things up.

Thanks guys

You don't need to wire the white wire to the O2 sensor wire. It's just an added feature on the turbo timer and it will only show a narrowband signal. It's pointless in other words. Even though I just removed my e-brake assembly from my car a couple weeks ago, I can't remember if it did have a wire. If that's the case, its probably a single wire, so I'd just connect it. I'm pretty sure you could just ground that gray wire too.

The ebrake wire tells the turbotimer to count down if the ebrake is on, ebrake off the timer will not count down once you shut the car off.

Turbo Time Issue, I was going to start a new post since these are very old but, I need help, My 2G has a turbo time already installed and has always worked. Now the car didn't have a radio and now I know why... I connect a radio correctly and now when I turn off my car the car shut off instantly. It didn't do the 30-second count down.. nothing was disconnected. all I did was connect a radio to the original radio harness without cutting any wires everything was done right... I even turn the radio off and then turn the car off the same result engine shut off instantly.

I notice about 3 people at the car meets don't have radios but have a turbo timer? makes me wonder

Turbo Time Issue, I was going to start a new post since these are very old but, I need help, My 2G has a turbo time already installed and has always worked. Now the car didn't have a radio and now I know why... I connect a radio correctly and now when I turn off my car the car shut off instantly. It didn't do the 30-second count down.. nothing was disconnected. all I did was connect a radio to the original radio harness without cutting any wires everything was done right... I even turn the radio off and then turn the car off the same result engine shut off instantly.

I notice about 3 people at the car meets don't have radios but have a turbo timer? makes me wonder
Does the turbo timer unit have power when the key on? It's a bit difficult to understand the situation. A video or pic may be useful.

what brand and model is your turbo timer?

is it hard wired to the stock harness or do you have an installation harness that goes between the ignition switch and harness connector?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back