The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Street Driven 8 Second 2G Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well got the exhaust all fab'd up and think it turned out pretty good and managed to Tig it all out myself :)

downpipe1.JPG

downpipe3.JPG

Fabrication thats Coors Light powered! I’ve had similar experiences:

IMG_20120216_212817.jpg

Nice work and progress on the car!

Now ive seen some fast cars, and some nice builds until now, that is some great work really impressive, 8 seconds and on the street sick.

Now ive seen some fast cars, and some nice builds until now, that is some great work really impressive, 8 seconds and on the street sick.

Thanks now just need to get it back together in one piece and running :)

So got a package in the mail from Justin over at Comp Turbo and I thought my last 74mm triple ball bearing turbo was amazing, made 1000hp at 35Psi and spooled up easily on my 2.3L. Well this new turbo puts that turbo back 10 years this thing is a piece of art! Billet wheel!, Billet center section with triple ball bearings, V - bands on all connections, tap turbo drain hole! Thanks again Justin you truely out did yourself again can't wait to see what kind of power this thing is going to make :) Been running Comp Turbos since they were ITS with 100% satisfaction and zero failures and amazing performace!!!!

turbo1.jpg

turbo2.jpg

turbobilletcentertop.jpg

turbobilletwheel.jpg

turbobilletcenterbottom.jpg

Dag I was enjoying the build until I saw this:ohdamn: Comp turbos held me back for over two years:mad: I hope it work for you;)

Been running them and ITS for almost 8 years and went 160Mph in this car when it was 3250lbs with only 35psi and no nitrous so I'm pretty confident! :hellyeah:

No thats why this is a build thread :D

That's awesome if its working no need to fix! I just couldn't find success with them! Comparison pte 6266 cea dbb .82 ar blue line vs comp 6467 extended tip triple ball bearing billet wheel ct4 .63ar red line almost same boost pte clearly was superior! This is my setup. Keep up the good work on your build you have an awesome vision!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385335659436.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385335659436.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 127
Yeah I'm just basing my experiences but if you look at my old setup compared to anyone running say a GT4202 my Comp put them to shame and has always spooled up very fast and I have never had one issue with there turbos period! :hellyeah: Thanks its a work in progress but I'm hoping the end is near! :thumb:

Yeah I'm just basing my experiences but if you look at my old setup compared to anyone running say a GT4202 my Comp put them to shame and has always spooled up very fast and I have never had one issue with there turbos period! :hellyeah: Thanks its a work in progress but I'm hoping the end is near! :thumb:

I feel ya and I think it speaks volumes when it comes to your setup. As I look over your build you seem to know what you are doing and your parts seem to be well chosen. Just don't close your mind to your turbo options, is all I am saying. I personally don't think comp imo will get you into the 8s their turbos are just not engineered for the smaller displacement 4g63 engine. Supras yeah but dsm no. You have to really tach the heck out if their heavy billet wheel to make any power not to mention bad boost recovery in between shifts I think you could have ran close to 8s and maybe could have trapped 170 on your old set up with another turbo bedsides comp IMO based on my own personal experience with them.

Hey kels, hows pte's failure rate these past few years? I was gonna go super 94 or 3794 but everyone else is telling me pte will spool faster. I just dont trust them since my 6152, however the FP turbos have been proven by boostin that it has more top end at 50 psi than the 6466 or 6766 which ever it was that he ran.

Hey kels, hows pte's failure rate these past few years? I was gonna go super 94 or 3794 but everyone else is telling me pte will spool faster. I just dont trust them since my 6152, however the FP turbos have been proven by boostin that it has more top end at 50 psi than the 6466 or 6766 which ever it was that he ran.

I will send you a pm so as not to clutter this awesome build thread I have been fascinated with it and again thanks op for all your hard work and posting:thumb:

Someone show me another 3200+lb DSM that with a slipping clutch or any clutch for that matter that has run 160Mph at only 35psi and then we can talk :D Spool and boost recovery have been amazing with comp turbo's and not to mention I don't run nitrous or any spool up aids!

I will send you a pm so as not to clutter this awesome build thread I have been fascinated with it and again thanks op for all your hard work and posting:thumb:

Yes thanks I don't want this ending up a turbo debate!

Got a little more fab work done time to order some more parts!

Did you have to modify the front bumper at all to fit the front mounted turbo?

Was looking at the chute lever that came with my chute and decided to change it up alittle :)

CHutelevers.jpg

Think this one looks a lot nicer :)
chutelever2.jpg

Then while I was at it thought I might as well make a new detachable chute mount and light weight chute holder

chutemount1.jpg

chutemount2.jpg

chutemount8.jpg

chutemount3.jpg

chutemount7.jpg

chutemount4.jpg

chutemount5.jpg

New chute lever and chute mount look awesome! :thumb:

Thanks I know I shouldn't be waisting time doing stuff like this because I need to get the car back together but now atleast the whole chute system is complete :) :hellyeah: I need to get some more fab work and wiring done next days off and then I should be getting real close!:hellyeah:

Cut up my old drive shaft loop and am going to make it a one piece and mount it right to the chassis :)

driveshaftloop.jpg

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back