- Thread starter
- #126
diambo4life
20+ Year Contributor
- 1,926
- 962
- Apr 18, 2002
-
Oklahoma
Appreciate it. I was conflicted about it at first. Usually not big on wangs....but this was a totally reversible mod if I hated it.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.







That will be the winter project. Also, a photo of my hatch area. I don't think I have posted this before. The fuel cell holds 10 gallons which i have gone through at least 3x now. That is how much street time this "race car"
is getting.





) I went out to test the revamped fuel system. All I can say is....it works PERFECTLY! I made two 1/8th hits on the street around the block from my house (not ideal, but I didn't want to go too far from the house in case something happened). First hit, I stalled it to about 3800rpm (just on the brakes) and it launched kinda lazy. The car started sputtering on the 2-3 and didn't want to shift and I was like WTF?
I look at the logs and realized that I had set the 2-3 shift RPM higher than the main engine rev limiter OOOPS
! To be fair, this was really my first 2-3 shift at WOT. So I checked the logs and the car was running a little lean even though the fuel pressure was perfect. I went back home and made a tune change as the car cooled down. I fixed the rpm shift points (raised the engine rev limit, lowered the 2-3 shift point and adjusted the base fuel map. Next hit, I decided to increase the stall RPM to about 4300rpm since it only launched with only 8psi of boost on the previous hit. I launched it and it came out of the hole way harder
, way too much for the street tires
. I lifted a little past the 1000' and on the brakes hard and this is what the Draggy said it ran. I looked at the log and the entire 2nd gear was way too rich so I have made some adjustments and may make another hit later this week. This is on low'ish boost too and the DA was horrid. This car is pretty much in the 10s on low boost and on street tires.
I don't know whether I can beat my F150s time on all seasons which was [email protected], it's getting the launch right. May try 4100rpm. I want around 12psi or so. It's always tricky on a street radial on the street on an unprepped surface.
Struggling to get to 100mph at my current setting.
I don't know whether it's this DA (almost 4300' last night when I made the hit) that's the same as Satan's breath or whether I am being too conservative with my tune. I made a couple changes and we will see whether it can wake up a little bit. I am being cautious because I am not tuning with any knock feedback and strictly looking at spark plugs which look great! I will toss in a new set (got some BR9s) so I can read them a little better. It's DEF not the weather to be doing this type of stuff but I'm a glutton for punishment. I also adjusted my 1-2 shift a little bit. I forgot that I need to add a delay in there to allow time for the mechanical shift to occur (especially the 1-2 since it revs so fast) after commanded by the ECU. Aaron Gregory had mentioned this when I got the base tune from him last year but I of course forgot all that. 



. This is as good as it gets for the conditions! This is a 10.9 at the track ALL day. Now, I just need to wait for some good air...then I will fully send it and see what it can do. In the meanwhile I will be working on some minor maintenance items. 
but I’m naturally considering a 2.3 engine for all the torque/response in my street car haha. Magnus makes a nice 2.2 stroker kit if you happen to have $5600 burnin’ a hole in your pocket 
, I say just enjoy it 
I agree with this.I’d say enjoy the stroker for as long as you can, set some pb’s and then worry about the next set up, I’m sure you remember Mike Wagner on here maybe 10 years ago or so with the forward facing 6466 set up, he was 2.3 originally and then naturally went 2.0 as his car got faster and faster, but anyways I feel like your just beginning to stretch your legs with that car, I say just enjoy it
I guess I will buy some QTPs and send it and go from there. I usually tend not to fly from the seat of my pants but set achievable goals but what the hell....
I will look over the area again and make sure I am not missing something obvious. This really should not be a problem. From the slip here, almost everything here is a new PB except the 60 foot, 1/8th MPH, 60-130 1000MPH and 1/4 MPH compared to a hit I made with the DA right at 2000ft. Even though the 60 foot is not my best, the 0-60 time on this run is. It's just spinning quite a bit on the hit. I don't want to lower the 2 step too much or it will bog. I think I can get it into the mid 10s with this 60 foot with more power...lower DA alone will do it. I want to see a 0-60 in the 2s on these tires. Remember, I am on 420 treadwear all season tires on my 17s. So there is just so much they can do. The 60 on the slip is slower by 0.05 than what it would do at the track. Keep that in mind. It's very tempting to just crank the boost all the way up but it's better making all changes now then turning it up when everything is perfect. Happy with the brakes! 
Always want video!Into the 6s in the 1/8th just like that. The launch was not perfect here either as i rolled it just a touch during the hit to mess up my 60. My quickest 60-130 in this car. Also in the 6s. You guys want the video?
View attachment 801468